F1 Caption Game 2018: VOTING - RD21 - Open to Mon 17th Dec 1000 GMTFormula 1 

The deadline for voting for this round will be brought forward to 0900 BST tomorrow so please vote soon if you haven't done so already 👍

ROUND THREE - Voting

f1-bahrain-gp-2017-bernie-ecclestone-chairman-emiritus-of-formula-1.jpg

• Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote
  • You have three votes which may be split two ways (2-1) or three ways (1-1-1)
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Please read all entries before voting
  • Deadline for voting is Thursday 4th May 0900 BST
  • Good luck! :)

Submitted Entries

A
Bernie is spotted trying to model Apple iPhones in hope of a new job.

B
"Heil Huawei!"

C
"Pastor, Bernie here. I've some great news. There is a drive at Monaco. Which team? Oh McLaren... Pastor? Are you still there?"

D
The new iPhone has been launched with model Bernie Ecclestone using the razor feature.

E
"Ok, Bernie, old chap... It is easy to do, just dial up Indianapolis. Tell them you're Alonso's translator... Surely this plan has no flaws whatsoever, because...

(kisses phone) ...you're worth it."

F
With the final act of putting his old FOM iPhone to his lips, the first Horcrux is created.

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-By-Chase-Carey is now immortal.

G
Bernie shows just how badly he's lacking in social media savvy when he's spotted literally tweeting at his phone

H
Note to self, acquire all rights to TV interviews with Fernando in Indianapolis.......hmmmm......and Le Mans.

I
Bernie Ecclestone: "Siri, kill Ross Brawn."

Siri: "Calling Ross Brawn."

Bernie Ecclestone: "Siri, can I buy a poison cigar for Ross, or do I have to buy the poison and the cigar separately?"

Ross Brawn: "Uh ... Bernie? Is that you?"

J
Chase: You can kiss my ass if you want back in the paddock.
Bernie: Facetime it is then.

K
Ecclestone: You don't have to be a Millenial to do weird things with your phone, such as kissing before the eyes of a cameraman!

L
Bernie was rather pleased to learn he could now control the Paul Ricard sprinklers discretely via a smart phone app.

M
Darth Bernie: "The time has come, execute order 66!"

N
Bernie: This is Lord Eccelestone; ready to return to the mothership.

O
Bernie taps his mouth with his phone unaware of the superglue "leaving present" the team bosses, circuit promoters, television production crew and tax authorities had left for him.

P
"Hello, Betfair? What odds can I get on Sebastian Vettel getting a puncture on lap 51 in the next race?"

Q
Soulja Boy Tell'em ft. Bernie - Kiss Me Thru The Phone

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Please note that some entries may differ slightly from original posts as formatting of text is removed in the process of compiling the poll. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.

Voting is extended until 2100 BST tonight (4.5 hours from now) - please get your votes in if you haven't already voted (yes, including me!)

-

My votes:

C - 1
G - 1
M - 1

ROUND FOUR - Voting

cALWxIwl.jpg

• Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote
  • You have three votes which may be split two ways (2-1) or three ways (1-1-1)
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Please read all entries before voting
  • Deadline for voting is Thursday 18th May 0900 BST
  • Good luck! :)

Submitted Entries

A
"Drink up Valtteri - Eddie Jordan is doing our podium interviews."

B
Kimi: "hold this, I need to take a 🤬"

C
There was a nice "Finnish" to the Russian GP this weekend.

D
"This is how you celebrate a victory, Valtteri."
"Leave me alone Kimi, I know what I'm doing."

E
Kimi: Congratulations Lewis

F
Kimi: Looks like I picked the wrong year to quit drinking!

G
Kimi: "Hey, why do you have a bigger bottle?"

Bottas: "I guess because you're the bigger bottler!"

H
Bottas: This is some strong stuff.

Kimi: Wait till you try my ice cream.

I
Kimi Raikkonen is glad to see a proper Finn on the podium alongside him in the 2010s. Or disappointed. Or sad. Or angry.

J
"Hi Nico, not scheen you in agesh,, hic." Kimi

K
"Bwoah?"
"Bwoah!"

L
"..."

"..."

"..."

M
Kimi: Congratulations Valtteri!

Valtteri: Yes!

Kimi: Exiting race?

Kimi: How many races did you win?

Kimi: You'll go far Kid!

N
Valtteri: I am so glad our engine is not a Honda

Kimi: They don't know what they are doing!

O
Kimi: ...yes, you will hear the joke "to finish first, you must first be Finnish" far too often.

P
Bottas: Congratulations on third place, Kimi.
Räikkönen: Shut the 🤬 up, Valtteri. Did we come here to talk or drink?

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Please note that some entries may differ slightly from original posts as formatting of text is removed in the process of compiling the poll. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.

Apologies for the delay - been away all weekend and now have a very busy day at work -

as such, voting will be still open until 1900 BST today (22nd May).

-

My votes: I, L, M - 1

Last edited:
Back