F1 Caption Game 2018: VOTING - RD21 - Open to Mon 17th Dec 1000 GMTFormula 1 

ROUND TWO - Voting

f1-chinese-gp-2017-mark-temple-race-engineer-mclaren-and-fernando-alonso-mclaren.jpg

• Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote
  • You have three votes which may be split two ways (2-1) or three ways (1-1-1)
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Please read all entries before voting
  • Deadline for voting is Friday 21st April 0900 BST
  • Good luck! :)

Submitted Entries

A
"Hey Fernando. There are Hondas breaking down in other sports. Just watch Super GT."

B
While the spotters are trying to get him to pay attention, Alonso stands visualizing himself as Verstappen without a trace of negativity.

C
Even in the toughest race weekends, Fernando's engineers know he'll cheer right up when they play his favourite deck chair infomercial.

D
"Fernando, look! Your car is first in the standings!"

"Finally! Our hard work has fin... hey, what does that setting title say? "Reversed Order"...!?"

E
"Look Fernando, Ferrari is competing for the title this year."

Alonso: *screams internally*

F
Engineer: "Look Fernando, there are your hopes and dreams. "

Fernando: "Where?"

Engineer: "Oh never mind they are long gone."

G
McLaren engineers finally figure out Alonso has replaced himself with a cardboard-cutout version, when they realise he has absolutely no reason to look that cheerful.

H
Look! Up in the grandstand - It's a Jolyon Palmer fan!

I
"Fernando see that lovely Mercedes engine on the screen, guess what you're getting for your birthday..."

J
Man on left: "If you're not happy here then go back to Ferrari - wait, why are you smiling?"

K
"I wasn't happy with the car during testing, but then Stoffel gave me these purple pills and now I feel great and every lap is amazing and I can't believe that I ever doubted Honda and I'm afraid that if I stop smiling I'll die but otherwise I feel great and did I mention how happy I am?"

L
Look, in the Grandstands is our new Down Force Engineer - Darth Vader

M
Fernando: Is that Toto waving at me?

N
"Hey Fernando, look over there. Al Khalifa and Ojjeh are calling for security to throw Ron Dennis out of the hospitality suite!"

O
Alonso: Ah, this is the highlight of my career since rejoining McLaren!
Team: Look, just order the bloody Happy Meal and get back to the circuit!

P
Look Fernando; you are fastest through the corners!

Q
"We put the Honda engine technology team in that hot air balloon for you, Fernando. Now here's your blunderbuss - enjoy!"

R
"Honda promised race wins in the future, but they never said anything about it being in Formula 1..."

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Please note that some entries may differ slightly from original posts as formatting of text is removed in the process of compiling the poll. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.

Latest Posts

Back