F1 Caption Game 2018: VOTING - RD21 - Open to Mon 17th Dec 1000 GMTFormula 1 

Round Nine - VOTING

f1-austrian-gp-2018-lewis-hamilton-mercedes-amg-f1-and-fernando-alonso-mclaren-on-the-driv.jpg

• Please see the rules in Post #1 before casting your vote
  • You have three votes which may be split two ways (2-1) or three ways (1-1-1)
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Please read all entries before voting
  • Provisional deadline for voting is Tuesday 17th July 1800 BST (all votes will be counted up to when the results are posted)
  • Good luck! :)
Submitted Entries

A
Lewis begins to question why his drink tastes funny and is suspiciously warm.

B
After a premonition, Lewis asks the expert on how to behave when he retires from the race.

C
Okay, I'm sorry, it's too hecking hot here right now and I'm going to hazard a guess that it was in Austria last weekend as well; so why on earth is Fernando wearing what appears to be a long sleeved dark grey fleece and full length black trousers? Does he want to get heat stroke? I'd think of a more conventional caption if it weren't for just how distracting that is. Lewis is dressed properly for this summer. I need an ice cream. I think I see Kimi in the background of the image, he probably knows where to find one. Fernando should go and ask him before he winds up in hospital.

D
Hey, remember all those good times we had together at McLaren?

E
Hamilton: Mmm, the '18 vintage is a wonderful year. You can really taste the flat Fanta and caffeine.
Alonso: Idiot.

F
Hamilton explains to Alonso that phat bass is not a fish.

G
Lewis explains to Fernando for the 500th time that his Mercedes seat is not for sale.

H
LH - "It must be stupidly warm wearing those clothes in this heat... If only you and McLaren were involved with a cool relaxed surfwear brand?"

I
Lewis: Judging from the colour of your face, you must drink more of this crap than me!

J
Lewis: Do you think Ferrari would take me out on purpose Fernando?

K
Lewis: You put your left foot in
You put your left foot out......, no Fernando your left foot!

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Please note that some entries may differ slightly from original posts as formatting of text is removed in the process of compiling the poll. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.​

Last edited:
Round Ten- VOTING

f1-british-gp-2018-a-pirelli-engineer-photographs-some-tyres.jpg
  • Remember your vote is final and cannot be edited or changed, otherwise it will be discounted
  • Provisional deadline for voting is Sunday 29th July 1000 BST (all votes will be counted up to when the results are posted)
Submitted Entries
A
Oh yeah baby, show me your marbles, I wanna see your blisters

B
Are those Fernando's dingleberries?

C
Pirelli Calendar models, sans tire warmers.

D
Every time I look at these tyres I feel like a big softie.

E
When Pirelli promised to focus on tire wear, they meant it.

F
F1 launches its new initiative: Bringing the fans closer to the real difference makers in the sport

G
Remember what the wife said, focus on the assets!

H
I will never tyre of this job...

I
"This is a good tyre, it's only flat at the bottom"

If your entry is missing or inaccurate, please contact me via PM ASAP. Please note that some entries may differ slightly from original posts as formatting of text is removed in the process of compiling the poll. Sometimes entries may not be included in the poll if they are deemed inappropriate, but sometimes entries are omitted accidentally. If your entry is omitted in error, the poll can be amended and people who have already voted will be given the chance to re-cast their votes. In the event that a missing entry is not spotted in time, then 10 bonus points will be awarded in compensation.​

Round Eleven - VOTING

p58sblI.jpg
  • Provisional deadline for voting is Friday 10th August 1000 BST (all votes will be counted up to when the results are posted)
Submitted Entries
A
Engineer: "The data just came back and the engine performed the best compared to the rest of the cars."
Christian: "Oh Renault it didn't!"

B
Christian: There are reports of rain at turn 6
Engineer: No, that's just fluid from Daniel's engine

C
Engineer: We've received data from Max's PU and it was the fault of....
Christian: Ericsson.

D
Christian has been frozen like this since Sunday after he realized Red Bull have Honda engines next year...

E
Engineer: Look at Me, Mi Chico Latino. Half of Me is Calling it. Scream if You Want to Go Faster, or if it's Too Much, Stop and Bag it Up, you Wannabe.
Horner: Back. The 🤬. Up.

F
Horner: When I said I wanted to see Dan become a World Champion, I meant with Red Bull...

G
Horner: I don't care about the rules, next year you fit a second turbo to that thing or else...

H
"Sir, Daniel is back in the garage and he looks terribly pissed."

"Bring him a few beers and a clean boot. That should cheer him up."

I
Autosport Live Race Update: Christian Horner has opened is mouth and we can see his teeth!

J
Faceless Red Bull Engineer: Renault called boss, the new MGU-K is available.

Horner: We don't take calls from Renault anymore, remember!

Last edited:
Back