F1 Caption Game 2024 - Australia OPEN (and correct this time)Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 1,416 comments
Thanks for the kind words everyone. This game is so much fun and I have enjoyed it ever since it brought me to this site in 2010(!). Let's see what we get in 2023. I don't think the format needs any changes as yet, so it'll likely be exactly the same again!

Caption of the Year voting is open below.

F1 Caption of the Year 2022
Belgian Grand Prix

spa.png
After a paddock visit from Ferrari CEO Benedetto Vigna, Toto Wolff nearly trips over all that remains of Mattia Binotto...

Thank you to everyone who entered a caption this year and to all who voted. You've made this one of my favourite years ever playing this game. It will be back this year with probably the exact same format as I think we've got it working perfectly.​

Who is ready for this to restart in less than a week?

My private messages will be open for Bahrain. Anybody can send me a message with a funny photo for consideration after Bahrain. On Monday I will pick the best and that will become the first photo of the year.

I have no need to change any rules or formats for this season. Exactly the same as last year. Make sure you vote if you submit a caption, and winners will be added to a conversation for photo nominations. Other than that, let's have some fun!

Round One - Bahrain
Bahrain (1).png

Screenshot_20230306-103029.png

Entries by Monday 13th March 1700 GMT - please mark your final entry appropriately, and remember that you cannot change it once it has been marked.

Please read the full rules available here before entering.

A reminder for everyone who enters a caption, please remember to vote or you won't receive any points for your caption that round.​

Max: "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Downforce, I commend thine foot to keep beating the Ferraris."

Fernando Alonso is confused when he misunderstands Max Verstappen's request to be two feet away from him.

VER: "Your shoe seems a little more worn down than mine."
ALO: "Yeah, that's because I also brake when someone's alongside me, so we can both get through the corners."

Voting for Bahrain is open.

Please remember that you must vote or you will not score points in that round. People who didn't enter captions are welcome to vote as well and join in with future rounds.

As there will not be any declared winners before the next round, once again my PM's will be open, so if you see a good photo during the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix and wish for it to be the captioned image, feel free to send it to me privately and I will consider it for the next round. :)

Round ONE Results - Bahrain
1: @Famine - 10 votes (25 pts)
2: @Pupik - 7 votes (18 pts)
3=: @Touring Mars, @XJ40, @Redneckchef - 5 votes (12 pts)
6=: @Jimlaad43, @Liquid - 3 votes (7 pts)
8: @ro_har_ - 1 vote (4 pts)
screenshot_20230306-103029-png.1237009
VER: "Your shoe seems a little more worn down than mine."
ALO: "Yeah, that's because I also brake when someone's alongside me, so we can both get through the corners."
Current totals for the season are:
(* denotes round win, ^ denotes shared round win)
1: Famine* - 25
2: Pupik - 18
3=: Touring Mars, XJ40, redneckchef - 12

6=: Jimlaad43, Liquid - 7
8: ro_har_ - 4​

Round Two - Saudi Arabia
sau.gif

sau23.jpg

Entries by Monday 27th March 1700 BST - please mark your final entry appropriately, and remember that you cannot change it once it has been marked.

Please read the full rules available here before entering.

A reminder for everyone who enters a caption, please remember to vote or you won't receive any points for your caption that round.​

Last edited:
Charles informs Carlos that after reviewing the tapes of his drawing, the FIA have given him a 5-second penalty for going over the lines too many times.

Back