• 50 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
I've noticed a big increase lately in F1 cars featured in the U.S. TV commercials.  There's Compaq's commercial featuring the William's team, and then there is another where this guy has to leave his little daughter to work with the rest of the team.  I think the last one features McLaren, but it may be Williams too.  

I think that's great and it may get more Americans curious into the sport.  :D

Suprisingly, we don't get that many. We also get a Compaq advert with engineers and Sir Frank Williams flying around Silverstone in the car.  I think Mercedes did a couple of adverts featuring McLaren and Tic Tac did one featuring Ferrari.

Yeah, that's the Compaq ad we get too.  I like it (especially the sound).  Is the Mercedes ad the one that says Because the race to perfection has no finish line.?  I've also seen that one.  The Tic Tac's new to me though.

Tag Heuer watches also feature McLaren in their commercials.  I've only seen it during F1 races on Speedvision, though.  Too bad, because it's really good.  :shakehead:

What is Shell Helix?  I've seen it all over the place at F1 races, but I have no idea how it is any different than regular Shell gas.  :confused:

Now I come to think of it, Siemens have done some F1 ads featuring McLaren, mainly Ron Dennis and Adrian Newey. The other McLaren advert that I mentioned above had Mika and David racing each other in a pair of West liveried A-Class's. I think Mika and David also did an advert where they stopped at a barbers in the middle of the race. I also recall the Shell/Ferrari ad being shown over here. I think Shell Helix may be the full name for Shell.

Quote: from Phil on 11:36 am on June 16, 2001[br]Now I come to think of it, Siemens have done some F1 ads featuring McLaren, mainly Ron Dennis and Adrian Newey. The other McLaren advert that I mentioned above had Mika and David racing each other in a pair of West liveried A-Class's. I think Mika and David also did an advert where they stopped at a barbers in the middle of the race. I also recall the Shell/Ferrari ad being shown over here. I think Shell Helix may be the full name for Shell.
Well, you guys definitely get more F1 ads than us.

Most we get are short advertising campaigns where you only see the advert a couple of times and they are mostly on digital channels, not terestrial. I don't know why ?

Surprisingly I havent even seen one commercial on F1s. Not even during the Indianapolis 500! or F1 championships. During the championships there were silly True Value sponsors showing almost every 5 minutes.

What are definition channels ?
High definition channels are an extremely high quality video feeds.  You have to have a digital TV to decode them.

No not speedvision I was watching ESPN2.
You were watching F1 on ESPN2?  :eek:

yeah they have F1. But I didnt see any familiar cars there were only cars from toyota, chevy, and few amount of Hondas. I wasnt so surprised when cars that were sponsored from Marlboro and Kool crashed since they were drug companies!

Ohhh, that was the CART series, not F1.  They do look very similar though, don't they?

I wasnt so surprised when cars that were sponsored from Marlboro and Kool crashed since they were drug companies!
:lol:

Most of the channels here will only show the most popular programs in HDTV.  I don't have one, but I was really wanting to get a new Sony Wega before GT3 came out...  :(

You just need to get Speedvision.  Several big cable companies offer it now on their digital services.  I get it via Dish Network.

yeah except my dads dish sucks up the tv for free and the channel I watch is called Speed World in europe. :)

Speedvision would prove useful but well.. my mom doesnt want to pay extra. :mad:

Oh, you're dad's in Europe!  You shouldn't have any trouble watching it, then.

I'm suprised you don't get Speed World, Phil.  :conf:

I get British Eurosport. That is probably the best channel for motorsport. Does your dad get Bernie Ecclestones digital F1 channel Evo. Racer ?

Im not sure its hard to find channels. cause you can adjust the satelite then search for channels which takes a bit long. But I do know the Eurosport channel I saw is British because most of the time I hear voices with a british accent. And I also saw the GT championship so it should be the british Eurosport channel.

Bernie has his own channel from which you can select which driver you see and pick which cameras on the car you view from. All the F1 teams have access to it. Terrestrial tv has limited access to F1 - thats why you don't see many shot onboard the cars.

Back