Fall update

• Thread starter MrDuck1234
  • 56 comments
I predict the "major" update we are all waiting for will arrive in early December, so the game gets a lot of mainstream press just in time to drive Christmas sales...

It wasn't mentioned by a company (PD or otherwise), its a rumour, remember? Hence why I don't really have much hope for it coming any time soon. But I guess people like being disappointed.
So there is a slight change that there won't be "a fall update"?

So there is a slight change that there won't be "a fall update"?

You mean "chance"? Theres a very big chance, it was only a rumour and as we know with PD, we can barely take confirmed information seriously.

It wasn't mentioned by a company (PD or otherwise), its a rumour, remember?
IGN
IGN: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is a taster, but can we expect to see downloads in the future boosting the content, and is there a timeline for these?

Kazunori Yamauchi: I can't say exactly right now, but we're looking at fall this year for an update that will complete Gran Turismo 5 Prologue as a game.

IGN interview April 2008

Computer and Video Games
Will the US get the content that was added to the UK version?

Yamauchi: The Japanese version was updated to match the UK version on the day of the UK release, so they are now the same. And the US version that's coming out is going to be pretty much the same as the UK version.

There are still a lot of things we have left un-done in GT5 Prologue, so by fall [autumn] this year there will be another major update to the game.

What sort of content can we expect from the update?

Yamauchi: The major things that we're planning for the update will be to add community building features such as communication between players and also damage for the cars.

Damage? Awesome. And the online part of the game will be improved, too?

Yamauchi: Yes, there'll be a focus on the online mode.

CVG interview April 2008

I can only assume he did some sort of press day...

Either way, hopefully that'll raise your hopes slightly Ardius? :)👍

I can only assume he did some sort of press day...

Either way, hopefully that'll raise your hopes slightly Ardius? :)👍

Ah, ok. Yes, my hopes are slightly up thank you, lol. You're the first person I've seen actually quote something legitimate to back it up 👍

Ah, ok. Yes, my hopes are slightly up thank you, lol. You're the first person I've seen actually quote something legitimate to back it up 👍

I think as that started back in April, the sources were long forgotten and rumour had taken over.

Either way, glad to be of service. As you seem to be aware, with GT / PD, waiting is a depressingly large part of the fun :scared:

When is the Tokyo motor show? I remember last year the released a demo of GT5P at it and revealed cars in the game at the same time they were revealed at the show, such as the Subaru Impreza. Maybe they are planing something for this years show.

When is the Tokyo motor show? I remember last year the released a demo of GT5P at it and revealed cars in the game at the same time they were revealed at the show, such as the Subaru Impreza. Maybe they are planing something for this years show.

"The Tokyo Game Show 2008 will be held from October 9th through the 12th. Days 1 and 2 will be open only to the press while Days 3 and 4 will be open to the general public."

From the Tokyo Motor Show FAQ:
Q. Will there be a Tokyo Motor Show in 2008?
A. The Tokyo Motor Show is held every other year, so there will be no show in 2008. The next 41st Tokyo Motor Show 2009 is scheduled for the fall of 2009.

Let's hope the update comes before the next Tokyo Motor Show! :nervous:

got any official word on that one... link would be good

i didnt think it had ever been mentioned to officially have lobbies

SCEA guy on the PS blog said they are 'working on it', but nothing concrete.

I would be very happy just to see Nurburgring added and some other basic tweaks (especially physics tweaks and tweaks to prevent punting and other forms of cheating). We all have a favorite car of course, so personally I would love to see the RUF Yellowbird added, or some other unusual or more interesting cars.

Just to get everyones hypes up a bit, maybe the recent new intro video is a bit of a teaser of what is to come. The two people in the cars seem to know each other, ie private lobbies, the car park seems wet, ie weather and it all seems to take place at night, ie day/night racing.
Just complete speculation, doubtful there is any truth in this just thought I'd throw it out there, as it seems to me that the best part of this game is the waiting, and guessing how great it will be after the update.

Be happy if they would get the penalty system right.That is why do I get penalty when some melvin tags me for ramming,or when punted get a shortcut penalty.The penalty system is frustrating,if I screw up I expect it but should'nt when someone else does.:grumpy:

Hello Guys, this is my First Post here, Long-time lurker, please be gentle with me!

The japanese demo version of prologue, as some of you may remember had some cars under sheets before the Tokyo Motor show began, and as the cars were unveiled, the sheets came off, and they were playable in the game. Now, the Paris motorshow is in the start of October, could we summise that maybe there will be an update just before the motor show kicks off, and then maybe the cars will be unlocked from the update as they are unveiled at the show.

They've gotta throw the Evora, California, and that RX-7 in aswell surely. But tracks-wise it's hard to say, but the only thign we've heard evidence of is the madrid street circuit....

Well I've totally stopped playing GT5:P now - i'm bored of it. I bet many thousends have stopped playing now beacuse everybody is just waiting for new content. PD should pull their finger out and at least give us some firm dates when the next update will be released, that way we havent got to waste time having to check on here all the time for yet more wish lists/rumours etc.
Must dash - I fancey a game of iracing.

Hello Guys, this is my First Post here, Long-time lurker, please be gentle with me!

The japanese demo version of prologue, as some of you may remember had some cars under sheets before the Tokyo Motor show began, and as the cars were unveiled, the sheets came off, and they were playable in the game. Now, the Paris motorshow is in the start of October, could we summise that maybe there will be an update just before the motor show kicks off, and then maybe the cars will be unlocked from the update as they are unveiled at the show.

They've gotta throw the Evora, California, and that RX-7 in aswell surely. But tracks-wise it's hard to say, but the only thign we've heard evidence of is the madrid street circuit....

I doubt we'll see much at the Paris Show, however I did hear that PD and Citreon are in some Partnership with some concept car that is going to be revealed at the show, so maybe we will get something. But again just speculation, I'll try and find a article about the Citreon concept and post it.

@Craste: You make it sound like a chore to come here and look around for news. :guilty:

Edit: Voila: http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/news/d1930.html

Last edited:

Welcome!! :cheers:

Nice psn id.. lol!

the Paris motorshow and the Tokyo Game Show happened at the same time in october
may be we can have some news there .......................:)

the Paris motorshow and the Tokyo Game Show happened at the same time in october
may be we can have some news there .......................:)

From the previous page of this thread:

From the Tokyo Motor Show FAQ:
Q. Will there be a Tokyo Motor Show in 2008?
A. The Tokyo Motor Show is held every other year, so there will be no show in 2008. The next 41st Tokyo Motor Show 2009 is scheduled for the fall of 2009.

Let's hope the update comes before the next Tokyo Motor Show! :nervous:

Back