FaLLeNAn9eL's Drift Video Thread [Updated 2-12-06]

What did you use for recording?

You should focus more on the lines. That help to make your drift feel faster & more good looking. There's also the outside drift that look not so bad too.

thanks for the tips :) im still working on my drift.

to answer ur question, i plugged the ps2 into the video in port on my video card (ATI Raideon 9800 All-In-Wonder) and did the recording with the provided programs from ATI

FaLLeNAn9eL
thanks for the tips :) im still working on my drift.

to answer ur question, i plugged the ps2 into the video in port on my video card (ATI Raideon 9800 All-In-Wonder) and did the recording with the provided programs from ATI

I suggest you to install studio 8 that come with the card & record them in that program in very high quality AVI encoding. You can adjust the sharpness in studio 8 differently to the TV multimedia center. After encode them back in WMV. You'll see the whole difference!

jaxx751
pretty dark :\

not too bad tho, a few wall hits... :(
yeah :( my poor evo

nissandrifter
nice powerslides with the evo :)
oh o.O what am i doing wrong?

heres me doing the same thing with a civic type-r, would this be considered drift?

http://www.freewebs.com/han_bruce/Civic.wmv

Mr Deap
I suggest you to install studio 8 that come with the card & record them in that program in very high quality AVI encoding. You can adjust the sharpness in studio 8 differently to the TV multimedia center. After encode them back in WMV. You'll see the whole difference!
thanks for the tip 👍

Check out my latest video Here
Comments, suggestions and tips are more than welcome, both positive and negative. I am a beginner drifter and the forums has been a great help to me. 👍

FA: Very not bad. Not sure why you put some of the sloppier drifts in slo-mo and not the pretty nice double apex with the Trueno. But that's an editing thing. yeah, you're showing extreme signs of improvement. Just remember to keep your throttle in YOUR control. ;)

nissandrifter
nice,this is better then the first one,keep it up:tup:
thanks alot man :)

Swift
FA: Very not bad. Not sure why you put some of the sloppier drifts in slo-mo and not the pretty nice double apex with the Trueno. But that's an editing thing. yeah, you're showing extreme signs of improvement. Just remember to keep your throttle in YOUR control. ;)
thank you :) almost all of my improvements is credited to your thread. it was extremely helpful. About the slow-mo, the first slow motion with the skyline was a triple apex done after the 2nd hair pin at grand valley speedway. Thanks again for the comment and tip, it means alot to me :)

is possible to drift with ff cars???
the rules says fr cars...
when he takes a fr car is going to crash all the time...
is better start with the most difficult possible... cuz when you take something easy.. it will be nothing...

Delphic Reason
Much better... Keep it up...

;)
thanks alot, ur tips were a great help :)

drifter916
hey can i get ur evo settings
sure :) i had some help with the settings

490 HP
Parts
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
N2 Front/N1 Rear
Stage 2 Turbo Kit
Racing Intercooler
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Suspension
Full Customize Transmittion
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Flywheel
Full Customize Limited Slip
Coltrol Variable Center Differential

Settings:
All Driving Aids off

Brakes:
Brake Balance Front:3 Rear:3

Suspension:
Spring Height Front: 5.6 Rear: 4.4
Ride Height Front: 95 Rear: 95
Shock (Bound) Front: 8 Rear: 8
Shock (Rebound) Front: 8 Rear: 8
Camber Angle Front: 2.0 Rear: 1.0
Toe Angle Front: 0 Rear: 0
Stabilizers Front:2 Rear: 2

Limited Slip:
Initial Torque: Front: 10 Rear: 10
Limited Slip Acceleration: Front: 37 Rear: 37
Limited Slip Deceleration: Front 6 Rear: 6

Variable Center Differential
Front Wheel Distribution: 35

karras85
is possible to drift with ff cars???
the rules says fr cars...
when he takes a fr car is going to crash all the time...
is better start with the most difficult possible... cuz when you take something easy.. it will be nothing...
im not really sure if its called drifting, some argue it is some say its just dragging the rear end. starting from the hardest might be a good idea but if ur overwhelmed u might want to work ur way up :)

Back