FALLING ASLEEP DURING THE bleep-bleepin' ENDURANCE races

• Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 53 comments

1X83Z

Premium
United States
usa
A while ago I was driving one of the endurance races with my Skyline real late at night, and I was listening to my own portable CD player to try and keep me awake...

It didn't work. I woke up on "lap 46" with about 25 minutes on that lap's clock, and the 'Line was on the grass pointing the wrong way. Anyone else actually fall asleep during an endurance race? I woke up and I was laughin' and laughin'.

well if i feel drowsy i just pause,during the tokyo 200 lap endurance,i fell asleep for about 3 mins and i still was in first....

really funny

I've never actually fallen asleep, but I've come close... however, my lead is always so significant, that I could probably go to sleep for 5+ minutes and still be a lap ahead of the next car...

Happened on the Super Speedway. I'd wake up when the car banged into the corner, then fall asleep on the straight away. bang the corner, wake up, turn, accelerate, fall asleep, bang the corner.....

Yes, I can fall asleep that fast.
Just ask my wife.

AO

I think I drowsed off one time before, but amazingly was still driving...... Very strange.

Have you ever fallen asleep at the wheel of YOUR car??? I have, and woke up a mile later, like I hadn't missed a beat :nervous:

i usually, in the 2 hour ones, just set the conntroller down after about a half an hour of racing.

I always take a break mid-race, often pausing and leaving the console on all night to finish next day.

Drinking coffee also helps..... :coffee:

Tiredness Can Kill........ :rip:

Later....

they are boring yes, but its worth winning them, only one u can fall asleep on is super speedway, ur car can drag along the wall while u catch up on sleep !

I've never actually fallen asleep, but I go into a kinda GT-coma. In this coma, I can drive several laps of any track without using my brain. :embarrassed: I just sit there and drool, and keep myself ahead of the pack. Sometimes I snap out of it and realize that I've taken a scheduled pitstop without realizing it! :D

Yes, I went into GT-coma last night.... I was playing the Type-R race at Super Speedway, and I just kinda stared at the screen, somehow staying in front... I also fell into GT-coma while doing Trail Mtn. in the Altezza race... :D

endurance races are my horror, i fall asleep on 5 laps races. i basically have to drink litres of coke and eat raw sugar to keep me up through an endurance. for some reason, i feel compelled to do them at the twilight hours :P

Originally posted by Bam
endurance races are my horror, i fall asleep on 5 laps races. i basically have to drink litres of coke and eat raw sugar to keep me up through an endurance. :P

:eek:

the closest Ive come to fallin asleep would be blacking out... Id wake up and continue racing. this happened to me during series races alot. maybe a few times during endurance races. :X

i have no problem doing a 2hr endurance race. the real junk-buster is when u are trying to get an F1 car and all u end up with is some car u already have :mad:
(i got the toyota gt-one road car, which i already had, after the tokyo route 246) :(

Eating enormus amounts of sugar dosen't help me-it gets me closer and closer to getting diabetes. What I heard help is putting a rubber band between analog sticks and you dont have to do any work(I haven't tried it yet)

sometimes i feel tired during the race and then when i finish, when they give me my credits and stuff, i tend to dose off my myself for the rest of the night and when i wake up my ps2 is still on. i just get up, save, and laugh. i get gt-comas sometimes. juss play music and if you notice that you cant hear the music, thats when you know your in a gt-coma

i never let people finish races for me, i have this thing about wanting to do it all on my own. but i have done endurance races with my cousin (15-20 laps, then switch drivers). even though this makes the endurance race seem much shorter, it still feels crappy when u spend 2hrs racing and dont even get the F1 car. :mad:

Originally posted by ito_okashi
Last night Super Speedway i was up by 20 laps. Fell asleep. Only won by 1 . Whoops. :embarrassed:
LOL... btw, welcome to GTPlanet, land of the intelligent, the weird, and the downright bizarre. :Poke:

when there are championship or endurance races, where the prize u win is 1of4 cars, i heard there is a trick to getting the car u want. i was told its like a roulette wheel, and u just hit x right as the car u want is highlighted. ive never really tried this out, but if its true it would save me from doing some of those 2hr endurances races a bunch of times.

Originally posted by SaleenASL
when there are championship or endurance races, where the prize u win is 1of4 cars, i heard there is a trick to getting the car u want. i was told its like a roulette wheel, and u just hit x right as the car u want is highlighted. ive never really tried this out, but if its true it would save me from doing some of those 2hr endurances races a bunch of times.
Wait a minute! You've got over 1200 posts and you haven't come across anything that tells you this is not true? :odd: It seems that it is commonly accepted as being GT3 urban legend.

I will say, though, that my brother swears this works for the endurance races. He believes that you don't necessarily get the car on the circle, but that there is a definite pattern that you can use to get the car you want. Example: for endurance race X, press the button when the circle is opposite, one to the left, one to the right, etc. of the car you want. We don't have empirical evidence, but I do know that he has a garage full of F1 cars!

Back