Fanatec CSL Elite Ps4 with McLaren GT3 on GT Sport FeedBack

So there is still no way to use the clutch paddles in GT Sport ? (I use the 310 driver)
In terms of using it as a dual clutch launch system, it doesn't appear so, although you can use the right paddle as an analogue handbrake. Unfortunately PD only seem to enable the clutch axis when an H-pattern shifter is connected, and when an H-pattern car is being used. The clutch paddles on the RMcL work when the axis is active, but it doesn't work when using a sequential car.

In terms of using it as a dual clutch launch system, it doesn't appear so, although you can use the right paddle as an analogue handbrake. Unfortunately PD only seem to enable the clutch axis when an H-pattern shifter is connected, and when an H-pattern car is being used. The clutch paddles on the RMcL work when the axis is active, but it doesn't work when using a sequential car.

Yes, this is what I've discovered last night. Anyway this GT3 rim is really nice and I love using it with GT Sport :)

This dual clutch feature is really specific and I can understand why PD have decided to not implement it. What I don't understand is why we still don't have ABS vibrations (brake pedal) and traction loss vibration (gas pedal + compatible fanatec rim) ? A lot of us are using CSP V3 pedals with those motors... And the sad part is that the rim vibrations seem to work so well on the T-GT :(

Hi
Forgive me for replying to an old thread but I just got myself a csl elite base + gt3 wheel + clubsport v3
I only managed to get it to work on one race
When I boot the base, it defaults to red mode and calibrates forever (calibrates, then repeats ad eternam), even with the PS4 still on, all cables attached
I removed the wheel, switched to purple pc mode, plugged it back and wheel worked except pedals and rev leds/joysticks, while in game I then switched to blue mode (aka PS4), had to unplug and plug pedals back, and it was working 100% except the abs and traction loss motors - but I guess GT did not implement them. Kaz !
Experience was far better than my previous TM ;) Surface details feedback was incredible
Then... I turned the whole setup off, to install the quick release adapter. Installation, screws went fine.
Now, I can't get it back to work. It resets to the default red mode each time I plug the wheel. I quick release the wheel (cool adapter btw), set to purple, set to blue, no matter if purple or blue, when I quick plug the wheel back, the led goes back to infinite red mode. Pressing the mode then has no effect, it stays red.
I doubt it depends on the quick release adapter, it's just a piece of smart machinery with no electronics

@DomB_Fanatec or anyone : is there a specific plug/unplug/mode sequence startup guide available for PS4 ? Any trick to get the base on purple or blue by default instead of red ?

Thanks for any help

Fist things first: Is your Firmware up to date?!

i have the same setup (CSLe, CSPv3) and i can tell you that everything works just fine! Even the (no its not everything is Kaz' fault) Rumblemotors on the pedals.

The correct mode for the PS4, as you mentioned, is the Blue mode , not red, not purple (well it works in purple, but thats compatibility or PC mode, thats why your revs don't work) and to be fair, my wheel always boots in blue mode. i would build all back to basic setup. without Quick release.
If it does not work then, i am pretty sure you will have to contact Support.

I have a CSL elite ps4 base and considering to get a GT3 wheel. based on the 1-year-old replies, do all functions including screen and all other buttons/joystick etc. work now?

@Caner ARIK recent GT updates plus recent Fanatec drivers fixed everything for the McLaren wheel

Calibration works, rumble works (on CS pedals, GT3 wheel has no built-in rumble), on-screen speed and gear indicator work, all buttons work but I found no way to map the ABS/TC/fuel saving settings to the two rotary switches, you'll have to use the tiny d-pad for these - it's not a big problem.

The GT3 screen only displays speed and gear and no information like low fuel, penalties or sector times, screen has 3 lines of text so Polyphony could use them if the SDK is available ... but I'm nitpicking here.

I believe they've updated the wheel. The site shows "Pre-orders" available. I didn't see all the updates, but I think it now comes with the metal QR instead of the cinch strap plastic. They've also bumped the price to address that.

I'm curious if they made any other changes, as there has been a lot of forum talk over the life of the product.

I believe they've updated the wheel. The site shows "Pre-orders" available. I didn't see all the updates, but I think it now comes with the metal QR instead of the cinch strap plastic. They've also bumped the price to address that.

I'm curious if they made any other changes, as there has been a lot of forum talk over the life of the product.
The product was listed as a bundle with the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter on the old site too. This unique bundle is the reason why there is a listing issue on the new site. When this is solved, the product listing will return. We will be offering the McLaren wheel without the ClubSport QRA again in the future.

I'll just add that it's a great wheel but since PS4 offers GT/GRID/NFSH/PC2/F1 and Dirt2/WRC/Wreckfest if you plan to go rally you might want to buy the QRA to easily switch between games with a rally wheel.
It's also fully operational for ACC/FH4 on PC, for ACC especially it feels immersive given the GT3 class

My sole critic - again, nitpicking - is that it only has 5 presets and there are so many racing games nowadays that a 6th one could be great, but again the screen height is 3 lines so only 5 presets can be displayed. Just use the Fanalabs tool if you need more than 5 presets.

Bonus : Fanatec should add to the product description that it's also great for people with hands/legs disabilities : you can use hand throttle/brake with the clutch pads instead of pedals and the shifter pads are also bidirectional : you can switch gears with only one hand.

So the McLaren GT3 wheel is showing up as "UNFORTUNATELY, THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE" on the Fanatec websites.. Is it being updated, replaced or something to do with licensing?

Edit: Just saw the post by @DomB_Fanatec above.

Back