Fanatec formula v2 Xbox 1st impressions

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Absolutely loving the wheel but the lack of Xbox support is so frustrating. Don’t understand why Microsoft can’t support it like every other platform does.

I’ve joined MS’s Xbox user voice page. I’ve contacted support.

There really is no option but to move to PC, is there?

Last edited:
Now I'm a smart man Cinnamon, but one could perceive your entry here to solely be for promotion of your YouTube channel?
Again, I'm not very intelligent and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now I'm a smart man Cinnamon, but one could perceive your entry here to solely be for promotion of your YouTube channel?
Again, I'm not very intelligent and please correct me if I'm wrong.

I can see that. Undone it and won’t do anything until I’ve contributed to the community more.

I did not mean to chase you away, I watched your video and liked it, great review.
I think you could become a site supporter, or go premium first, @Scaff puts out great videos too and shares them with us.

I moved to PC a year ago and don't regret it.

I watched your unboxing video. But what do you mean by a lack of support from Microsoft? I've seen another video where it's being used on Xbox playing F1 2018. I'm thinking about possibly picking up one of these wheels later this year but I want to make sure I can use it first.

I watched your unboxing video. But what do you mean by a lack of support from Microsoft? I've seen another video where it's beingsed on Xbox playing F1 2018. I'm thinking about possibly picking up one of these wheels later this year but I want to make sure I can use it first.
It absolutely works - sorry, I wasn’t clear at all. The problem is that the rotary dials don’t work and neither do the rev lights. You can still control everything the game allows - similar to any other Xbox wheel. The extra features just don’t work so feel a little pointless at the moment.

Still a wonderful wheel.

I will also add that although it weighs more than the GT3 rim, that Fanatec make, it feels a lot lighter and more controllable that the XBox universal hub.

It absolutely works - sorry, I wasn’t clear at all. The problem is that the rotary dials don’t work and neither do the rev lights. You can still control everything the game allows - similar to any other Xbox wheel. The extra features just don’t work so feel a little pointless at the moment.

Still a wonderful wheel.

Let me apologize to the mods ahead of time if we're not allowed to put Youtube links here. If not just let me know and I'll edit it out.

The reason I asked was this was the review video I was referring to and the rev lights do work but like you said the rotary dial switches do not and neither did the sort of vertical light indicators on either side of the LCD screen.

Let me apologize to the mods ahead of time if we're not allowed to put Youtube links here. If not just let me know and I'll edit it out.

The reason I asked was this was the review video I was referring to and the rev lights do work but like you said the rotary dial switches do not and neither did the sort of vertical light indicators on either side of the LCD screen.

Is it being played on the Xbox tho (at the start looks like he is playing on his PC)?

Judging by the numbers for the MFD, this looks like he’s on the PC version.

Attachments

• 100B49CD-7BAB-423A-8378-039CC156BA94.jpeg
    100B49CD-7BAB-423A-8378-039CC156BA94.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 18
Judging by the numbers for the MFD, this looks like he’s on the PC version.

Ok then that might be why everything is working. Then I wouldn't want it either for Xbox unless the rev lights worked. The rev lights and the LCD screen to show current gear are the only reasons I was considering getting it in the first place. The rotary switches really don't mean much to me.

Ok then that might be why everything is working. Then I wouldn't want it either for Xbox unless the rev lights worked. The rev lights and the LCD screen to show current gear are the only reasons I was considering getting it in the first place. The rotary switches really don't mean much to me.
I have tweeted at Xbox Support and all the heads of the Xbox platform (that I know of), used UserVoice to ask about the rev lights but never got a response. Seems like it’s just not something they are interested in supporting, sadly. :confused:

I have tweeted at Xbox Support and all the heads of the Xbox platform (that I know of), used UserVoice to ask about the rev lights but never got a response. Seems like it’s just not something they are interested in supporting, sadly. :confused:

Was there anything on the box saying not all features supported on Xbox? I briefly looked at Fanatec's website the other day but didn't notice anything saying that but I'm glad I know now.

Was there anything on the box saying not all features supported on Xbox? I briefly looked at Fanatec's website the other day but didn't notice anything saying that but I'm glad I know now.
Fanatec does put in disclaimers on their site about full functionality of some of their products for both XBox and PS4. It's up to the individual game developers to incorporate certain functions/buttons/rotary switches for consoles.

Last edited:
All the features are present in the Fanatec SDK. So they should work on any platform, it’s just upto developers to utilise them in their games. Currently I think there are only a couple of games, one is ACC, that utilises the rotary switches.

All the features are present in the Fanatec SDK. So they should work on any platform, it’s just upto developers to utilise them in their games. Currently I think there are only a couple of games, one is ACC, that utilises the rotary switches.

The rotary switches don't really mean a lot to me since I'm not that much of a button programmer. DRS and Hybrid or Press to Pass deployment are about as deep as I go. I mainly thought about getting it for the rev lights and the LCD gear indicator screen but if the rev lights don't work I wouldn't pay that price just for the LCD screen.

Back