Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan
Hero-GT-Fanatec-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro Officially Revealed for GT Sport and GT7

Fanatec has revealed its new PlayStation-compatible direct drive wheel, which is also set to become the official steering wheel peripheral of the Gran Turismo series. It confirms information that sneaked out back in July, when boxes showing the wheel appeared on social media...

Last edited:
I'm a bit concerned PD has locked themselves into some kind of deal with Fanatec to ensure that the PS DD base won't be sold as an individual unit WELL into 2022 (if not a year from this release). That has me wondering if I should hedge my bets and just ordering the bundle on Black Friday and flogging the parts (aside from the base)

I'm a bit concerned PD has locked themselves into some kind of deal with Fanatec to ensure that the PS DD base won't be sold as an individual unit WELL into 2022 (if not a year from this release). That has me wondering if I should hedge my bets and just ordering the bundle on Black Friday and flogging the parts (aside from the base)
I think I am going to wait for the base only, but I might change my mind.

I'd like to know if I can buy that GT Wheel Rim separately and if it'd fit the PS4 DD1 wheelbase. @DomB_Fanatec

Jerome

I don't know, doesn't seem that good of a deal. If you configure it yourself you can just add the McLaren wheel and come out 40 bucks cheaper.
So waiting until the DD wheelbase is available to buy seperately seem like the smartest choice imo.

What do they mean subject to final approval on the base only, it has already been approved for the bundle and they are selling it on Friday.

What do they mean subject to final approval on the base only, it has already been approved for the bundle and they are selling it on Friday.
The bundle, yes. The base, no.

It seems like Fanatec wants the option to sell at least the base on its own, so as not to tie people to a $700 bundle if they want to put other pedals and rims on, but PlayStation wants to sell the bundle because Gran Turismo.

Sony has final say whether Fanatec can sell the base separately or not just like the DD1 for Sony has never been a standalone option without the Sony approved Formula wheel.
Not because Fanatec would not love to sell the consumers that wb separetely as well.

I don't know, doesn't seem that good of a deal. If you configure it yourself you can just add the McLaren wheel and come out 40 bucks cheaper.
So waiting until the DD wheelbase is available to buy seperately seem like the smartest choice imo.
I think you maybe right my friend, and I may put my credit card away until the base is sold separately.

Do you really think that the GT DD base will cost as much as the CSL DD, given that the CSL Elite base V1.1 cost 350 euros and the CSL Elite base + for PS cost 400 euros?

but PlayStation wants to sell the bundle because Gran Turismo.
This certainly looks like the reason to me, especially with how the T-GT II servo base is now being able to be sold separately when the GT licenced T-GT base couldn't be.

The T-GT II is officially licensed for GT as well though
Yeah, I just noticed that as well.

Edit: I've put forward the thought that it could possibly to stop Fanatec selling a PS branded base with an Xbox wheel bundle like they tried to do years ago (because the Xbox branding would be far more prominent in this circumstance). Maybe???

Last edited:
Sony has final say whether Fanatec can sell the base separately or not just like the DD1 for Sony has never been a standalone option without the Sony approved Formula wheel.
Not because Fanatec would not love to sell the consumers that wb separetely as well.
That's the thing though, Polyphony will be trying to keep the PS DD model 'locked in' to their GT bundle for as long as possible.

this preorder reminds me of being that 13 year old kid looking up to his elder brother and his friends already with their first car...
all I ever had at the time were notions that eventually , I'd get there, one piece at a time.

preordering this. now I need that GT7, and of course a PS5, and I'll then be able to drive!

Last edited:
Are the rotary knobs also directional and depressable?
Just wondering if the camera can be controlled using one like the right analogue stick is normally.
Also the left analogue stick looks almost like a funky switch too.

Back