Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,329 comments
I have an annoying bug with my GT DD and I wonder if anyone else has it, or if it's just me?
Sometimes, and it's completely random, at the end of a race the wheel spins all the way to the left, or right.
The only way to centre it again is to restart the race and let go..... it then spins back to centre (and the car crashes)
FYI I'm doing circuit experiance at the moment.... not sure if it affects all races, or just CE!!
Anyone else?

I have an annoying bug with my GT DD and I wonder if anyone else has it, or if it's just me?
Sometimes, and it's completely random, at the end of a race the wheel spins all the way to the left, or right.
The only way to centre it again is to restart the race and let go..... it then spins back to centre (and the car crashes)
FYI I'm doing circuit experiance at the moment.... not sure if it affects all races, or just CE!!
Anyone else?
Mine does is once in a while for some reason, it's happened after a race.

Last edited:
The weird bug mine does is it sometimes goes light…and stays light after a high load situation. Running recommended settings with up to date firmware. Anyone got anything?

Mine does is once in a while for some reason, it's happened after a race.
Thank you for reply..... Mine does it quite often!
I have been playing for around two hours today and it has probably done it four or five times!

Yep, mine does it if I'm still turning as the race finishes. Keeps winding around until lock.
Ah, thats interesting. that sounds exactly the same as mine...... it hadn't occurred to me that it might be if I'm still turning as the race ends.

I'm pleased it's not just me! Thanks for the info kembro

Last edited:
Hello People I just wanted to update my ForceFeedback Settings on the DDPRO which I‘d pretty much say are the best current Settings.
I have done lots and lots of Testing all different Settings Combinations both on the Wheelbase and in GT 7 in Game Settings too with all different sorts of Cars and Tracks.

The following are my preferred Settings

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN Auto
FF 95
FFS Peak
NDP 30
NFR Off
NIN Off
INT 1
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
In-Game Settings:

Controller Settings:
Force Feedback Max. Torque: 5
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

With High Downforce Cars I suggest to lower the ForceFeedback Max Torque to 4 or maybe even to 3.

Otherwise the Settings work really well across all sorts of Cars and provide a decent and responsive Feedback.

To be honest I really like GT7 ForceFeedback implementation.
It’s not about Effects, it’s about the perfect understanding of Weight Transfer and Driving Dynamics.
Not so much about Road Effects.

Once you’ve adapted to this specific Force Feedback Type, I think you‘ll get a better understanding of what the Creators Intentions are.
@PirovacBoy, I have been using your settings (thank you). Have you had the chance to test the FFB settings since Fanatec released driver 445 and after GT7 1.20 update??

Last edited:
@PirovacBoy, I have been using your settings (thank you). Have you had the chance to test the FFB settings since Fanatec released driver 445 and after GT7 1.20 update??
I haven’t updated to the latest Firmware, no.
I‘m still running the previous Firmware Version.
But what I actually did, although I’ve already done it a few Months ago, I spent lots of time tweaking the FFB and found my personal Sweet Spot.
From my personal experience and countless driving and testing the following Settings provide a sensational Feedback.

8NM Boost Kit

SEN: AUTO

FFB: 100

FFS: PEAK

NDP: 30

NFR: 10

NIN: 2

INT: 1

FEI: 100

FOR: 100

SPR: 100

DPR: 100

GT7 in Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 5

I‘m absolutely sure you’ll enjoy them.

Quite confident that these might be THE best Possible Settings for experiencing GT7s‘ outstanding FFB Implementation.

Actually, anyone should try and use them.
They are awesome 🙂

also noticed wheel feels a bit notchier on the curves - had to turn up NDP to cover it but still once you notice it…haven’t tried latest update

I did play with INT as well, but this is not spikier/sharp stuff that INT smoothes over - it more subtle lump/step feeling when slowly rotating the wheel, like the magnetic poles of the wheel coil when the wheel is off. With fast movement or constant angle won’t feel it

Ah, thats interesting. that sounds exactly the same as mine...... it hadn't occurred to me that it might be if I'm still turning as the race ends.

I'm pleased it's not just me! Thanks for the info kembro
This has been in the Fanatec patch notes for ages, I guess this is what you experience. I also have it from time to time.

"When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well) "

- https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...-445-446-for-csl-csw-and-podium-wb-all-wheels

This has been in the Fanatec patch notes for ages, I guess this is what you experience. I also have it from time to time.

"When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well) "

- https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...-445-446-for-csl-csw-and-podium-wb-all-wheels
Hey timekiller001

Thank you for your reply..... I'm not quite sure if that is exactly what I am getting but I guess it must be. As far as I know I'm not entering a menu, it just happens when the race, or in my case at the moment lap or sector, ends.

How do you get it to centre again? I have to start the race and let go of everything which results in a crash but the wheel does centre itself.

It must be the same thing, so hopefully it will get fixed!

Hey timekiller001

Thank you for your reply..... I'm not quite sure if that is exactly what I am getting but I guess it must be. As far as I know I'm not entering a menu, it just happens when the race, or in my case at the moment lap or sector, ends.

How do you get it to centre again? I have to start the race and let go of everything which results in a crash but the wheel does centre itself.

It must be the same thing, so hopefully it will get fixed!
Thats a different issue and is a hardware related issue.

@Jules_r - this is a fanatec issue which they are investigating - the game & wheel do not close out the ffb session correctly so the wheel thinks its still at whatever position it was in when you exited. Upon restart its now in that postion and then sends you on however it was pointing. If you can rotate back to straight, hold it against the force and then exit, you can avoid the crash

@Jules_r - this is a fanatec issue which they are investigating - the game & wheel do not close out the ffb session correctly so the wheel thinks its still at whatever position it was in when you exited. Upon restart its now in that postion and then sends you on however it was pointing. If you can rotate back to straight, hold it against the force and then exit, you can avoid the crash
He said he gets the issue while driving and not when he enters game menus - which is a completely different issue and most likely a hardware issue.

Thats a different issue and is a hardware related issue.

He said he gets the issue while driving and not when he enters game menus - which is a completely different issue and most likely a hardware issue.
Thanks @RS60NR, Thanks @SimRacer925,

Maybe I'm not being clear, sorry!! I've been doing Circuit Experiance mainly so it's either sectors or complete laps. It tends to happen when the sector or lap ends.... so it's not during the sector or lap, it's more at the finish line as it ends.

Maybe that is going into a menu?

Thanks @RS60NR, Thanks @SimRacer925,

Maybe I'm not being clear, sorry!! I've been doing Circuit Experiance mainly so it's either sectors or complete laps. It tends to happen when the sector or lap ends.... so it's not during the sector or lap, it's more at the finish line as it ends.

Maybe that is going into a menu?
Ah, yes okay that's basically going into a Menu, yes. So no hardware issue ;)

hello guys,

yesterday I did 1 race in Dragon Trail reverse in the daily races B, I chose the GR Supra Concept '18, and, as it had happened to me before, using the Fanatec DD PRO, I constantly have a "spongy" feeling behind the wheel, a strange feeling that doesn't make the car steer well, it feels like the car is constantly skidding, not allowing me clean lines.
With Beetle the situation is few better, but this strange spongy sensation is alwais present.
I used a loto of config, from the Fanatec suggestions to other users suggestions, but this strange feeling remains.

This doesn't happen with a GR2 in the lap time challenge at interlagos, for example. Is there a technical reason for this behavior?

Another problem is that it seems that the wheel is alwais late, i steer but the car is "low" to steer, it's similar to a delay from the input from wheel to the steering of the car, i can't explain this point better. i know 2-3 guys with the same wheel and the same sensation of "delay", it's really hard to race good with this wheel!

Another problem is that it seems that the wheel is alwais late, i steer but the car is "low" to steer, it's similar to a delay from the input from wheel to the steering of the car, i can't explain this point better. i know 2-3 guys with the same wheel and the same sensation of "delay", it's really hard to race good with this wheel!
That's got nothing to do with Fanatec's wheelbase.

Has anyone here (particularly Xbox players) had an issue where the wheel will suddenly switch mode?

Related, I am occasionally seeing the rev strip (which is usually never illuminated on Xbox) flash when I countersteer hard. After enough of those in quick succession (very possible when rallying) the mode switches.

I’ve been chatting to Fanatec and am considering an RMA but I’m wondering if there’s anything obvious I’m missing that I can fix on my side first.

I haven’t updated to the latest Firmware, no.
I‘m still running the previous Firmware Version.
But what I actually did, although I’ve already done it a few Months ago, I spent lots of time tweaking the FFB and found my personal Sweet Spot.
From my personal experience and countless driving and testing the following Settings provide a sensational Feedback.

8NM Boost Kit

SEN: AUTO

FFB: 100

FFS: PEAK

NDP: 30

NFR: 10

NIN: 2

INT: 1

FEI: 100

FOR: 100

SPR: 100

DPR: 100

GT7 in Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 5

I‘m absolutely sure you’ll enjoy them.

Quite confident that these might be THE best Possible Settings for experiencing GT7s‘ outstanding FFB Implementation.

Actually, anyone should try and use them.
They are awesome 🙂
@PrirovacBoy I've been using your previous settings, for the past several months. I really liked them!! I saw you posted your latest "Sweet Spot". Since you said try them, I did. OH BOY! Sweet Spot is an understatement! The NDP and INT tweaks seem to have really woken up the DD PRO even further. Thanks for sharing! Not only is the "feel" more immersive, but I'm able to lap around more consistently and FASTER. =) Thanks again!

Has anyone here (particularly Xbox players) had an issue where the wheel will suddenly switch mode?

Related, I am occasionally seeing the rev strip (which is usually never illuminated on Xbox) flash when I countersteer hard. After enough of those in quick succession (very possible when rallying) the mode switches.

I’ve been chatting to Fanatec and am considering an RMA but I’m wondering if there’s anything obvious I’m missing that I can fix on my side first.
Certain button combinations can switch the mode. I know of Triangle + Share with the GT wheel. I don't know if there are any others doing the same. So in theory there could be an issue with the wheel connector (as you mention the Rev lights) and a broken signal triggering the mode switch maybe?

Last edited:
Back