Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,329 comments
I got a buttkicker gamer plus before christmas and thought I still need to put time on it to tune it up, first impression are not that great. Feels like a constant rumble coming from motor sound and wind noise at high speed. Maybe give more immersion but not "usefull" feedback for driving.

It if it wasn't costing that much money, I would be less critical maybe.

This is eating me up… 🤬

Since November I’ve been trying every setup that I find online for my DDPro on GT7, trying to figure out how can it feel and why it does what it does because after the first few days I’ve noticed that something was lacking on the FFB detail side… and today I still can’t find a way to just feel right with it on the limit. It’s not event the curbs (which don’t exist on a DD Pro), it’s the feeling of the rear of the car… in most cases, it feels like a bike braking and lift the rear wheels. So weird… and it’s so annoying. And if I try to adjust that, I loose all the feeling on the front. (Using the on-wheel setup)

But the worst is this… 2 months training for a local championship on Daytona with Gr2 cars, best lap ever was - 1.37.014. Removed the wheel, installed the T300 on a not so comfortable rig position for it, couple off laps and got down to 1.36.8xx with room for more. And just could feel the car, the weight moving, THE ******* curbs too!! Everything… it even seems to brake more for gods sake…

How can this be possible?

Why isn’t there some videos online exposing this and trying to alert PD about it? It’s clear and easy to test and confirm it and there’s a lot of evidence everywhere. Maybe someone like Steve Super Gt. Is he on here?
At first, I thought the DD Pro (8NM) was alright with GT7. Then I tried it with PC sims such as ACC or Automobilista 2 and I realised that the FFB on GT7 was lacking so many effects, no matter what settings I used.
It's really depressing when you think about it ! An official licenced GT7 bundle pricing almost 1000€ is less effective than a basic Thrustmaster.

How is the FFB with the Podium Racing base ? I wonder if the issues of the DD Pro come from the lack of power (8NM VS 20NM) or is the problem is present with all the Fanatec bases ?

Edit :
Just read the interview of Kaz on GTplanet about expensive wheels :
1673437554941.png

Now it makes sense, the guy doesn't like that much the high end stuff.

Last edited:
At first, I thought the DD Pro (8NM) was alright with GT7. Then I tried it with PC sims such as ACC or Automobilista 2 and I realised that the FFB on GT7 was lacking so many effects, no matter what settings I used.
It's really depressing when you think about it ! An official licenced GT7 bundle pricing almost 1000€ is less effective than a basic Thrustmaster.

How is the FFB with the Podium Racing base ? I wonder if the issues of the DD Pro come from the lack of power (8NM VS 20NM) or is the problem is present with all the Fanatec bases ?

Edit :
View attachment 1222088

The problem is in GT7 community, if you go there to GT7 topics, you only see people concerned with the lottery, credits, tuning, car color, and *****, instead of demanding PD solve what really matters, driving physics, and multiplayer problems. As long as it does, GT7 will be child's game.

Edit :
View attachment 1222088
I ordered a logitech g923 and if satisfactory to me, I will sell my Fanatec gear. I am tired on being angry about this topic.

I ordered a logitech g923 and if satisfactory to me, I will sell my Fanatec gear. I am tired on being angry about this topic.
Sorry to say, but will be a frustration, and you won't like it, if you wanted something different from the DD PRO you should have bought a T-GT II or the Logitech G PRO, the Trueforce of the G923 has nothing to do with the G PRO.

Sorry to say, but will be a frustration, and you won't like it, if you wanted something different from the DD PRO you should have bought a T-GT II or the Logitech G PRO, the Trueforce of the G923 has nothing to do with the G PRO.
You are right that those two wheels are more close to the performance of the DD Pro and I already tested the g923 and T248 with GT Sport in 2021 so I have an idea of what I am getting into for this comparison.

I will post my impressions in a few days when I have the G923 and play a few hours with it. Worst scenario is that I return the G923, keep my DD Pro and shut up about it. ;-)

Is the Trueforce (G Pro) effect is really that good on GT7 ?

Is the Trueforce (G Pro) effect is really that good on GT7 ?
But you dont have test the T-GT & G PRO immersion effects.

If the vibration effect of the G923 (I've already tested it) is miles away from the effect of the T-GT II I have, i trust that from the reviews, when they say that the effect of the G PRo has nothing to do with the G923, it's also miles away from it, combined with Direct Drive, would be my current choice.

I've also tested the DD PRO, but it miss the additional immersion effect that T-GT gives in GT mode.

Last edited:

If the vibration effect of the G923 (I've already tested it) is miles away from the effect of the T-GT II I have, i trust that from the reviews, when they say that the effect of the G PRo has nothing to do with the G923, it's also miles away from it, combined with Direct Drive, would be my current choice.

I've also tested the DD PRO, but it miss the additional immersion effect that T-GT gives in GT mode.
I honestly regret not going for the T-GT II in the first place. Maybe I should if the G923 sucks to much and I still can’t get over what the DD Pro lacks. I am a casual gamer and I mostly play GT (not even online), so it is kind of absurd to have paid that much in a sense.

Too bad, I have already invested so much in the Fanatec ecosystem (DD pro, V3, shifter...), I don't see myself selling everything and start from scratch again. Especially since only GT7 gives bad feelings with the DD Pro. AMS2, ACC or iRacing are all very good with this wheel.
Maybe someday PD will fix it, but I have very little hope about that. I'm curious to see if Forza 8 will be better in that regards.

Last edited:
Too bad, I have already invested so much in the Fanatec ecosystem (DD pro, V3, shifter...), I don't see myself selling everything and start from scratch again. Especially since only GT7 gives bad feelings with the DD Pro. AMS2, ACC or iRacing are all very good with this wheel.
Maybe someday PD will fix it, but I have very little hope about that. I'm curious to see if Forza 8 will be better in that regards.
If I had a DD PRO I wouldn't sell it, although it doesn't have the immersion effects of the T-GT II and G PRO on GT, it has other aspects that are better than the T-GT, and paying much more for a G PRO, that is too much expensive at moment, besides still has a limited ecosystem, so would also be a bad option selling a DD PRO for it.

So whoever has a DD PRO has to concentrate on getting the best he has to give.

Last edited:
So I received the G923 and installed it on my older wheel stand to try it out. I was then able to switch back quickly to the DD Pro which is on my current wheel stand.

I am gladly suprise to say that I prefer the G923. It is simply more fun for me to use.

The G923 is a lot weaker overall but it give so much more feedback... going back to the DD Pro, it's like I had nothing in my hands anymore (my FFB settings are 3-1 in GT for the DD Pro, 5-1 for the G923).

With the G923 my wheel stand feels like I still have a buttkicker effects (really light though) because I can feel some light vibration transfering to the pedals.

It is evident to me that the DD Pro was not designed for Gran Turismo, even though it has the branding.

So the fact that I mostly play Gran Turismo 7 and not even competively, it just doesn't make sense for me to keep my Fanatec gear that cost me 3 times the price of the G923. Bad judgment call on my part I guess... Fanatec is for serious sim racer.

So I received the G923 and installed it on my older wheel stand to try it out. I was then able to switch back quickly to the DD Pro which is on my current wheel stand.

I am gladly suprise to say that I prefer the G923. It is simply more fun for me to use.

The G923 is a lot weaker overall but it give so much more feedback... going back to the DD Pro, it's like I had nothing in my hands anymore (my FFB settings are 3-1 in GT for the DD Pro, 5-1 for the G923).

With the G923 my wheel stand feels like I still have a buttkicker effects (really light though) because I can feel some light vibration transfering to the pedals.

It is evident to me that the DD Pro was not designed for Gran Turismo, even though it has the branding.

So the fact that I mostly play Gran Turismo 7 and not even competively, it just doesn't make sense for me to keep my Fanatec gear that cost me 3 times the price of the G923. Bad judgment call on my part I guess... Fanatec is for serious sim racer.

I can understand you, you are a guy who likes GT racing immersion.

Now imagine the jump that would be in this immersion with a G PRO or a T-GT.😁😁

You are not alone in your tastes.

I can understand you, you are a guy who likes GT racing immersion.

Now imagine the jump that would be in this immersion with a G PRO or a T-GT.😁😁

You are not alone in your tastes.
Yeah maybe someday I will go for another model from logitech or thrustmaster, if/when they offer an entry level DD wheel. Maybe when GT8 gets released, several years from now. ;-)

I am clearly done with Fanatec though. I had a GT3 wheel and clubsport pedals once, several years ago, that replaced my first wheel set, Logitech DFGT. At the time also I wasn't that impress with the upgrade.

I agree, it's difficult to justify the DD Pro price if you play only GT7, the wheel is really great for pure sim racer though.
Since Simhub is now compatible with GT7 (with accurate telemetry), it's easy to add bass shakers to your rig, and feel some of the missing effects such as curbs, gear shifts or road bumps. It's great for immersion but it's still difficult to feel the weight balance and the tire grip.

Last edited:
I agree, it's difficult to justify the DD Pro price if you play only GT7, the wheel is really great for pure sim racer though.

Since Simhub is now compatible with GT7 (with accurate telemetry), it's easy to add bass shakers to your rig, and feel some of the missing effects such as curbs, gear shifts or road bumps. It's great for immersion but it's still difficult to feel the weight balance and the tire grip.
Thanks for the info, maybe I will try simhub with my buttkicker before selling everything. I only tried with audio splitup

Last edited:

Your post made my day, now i already have the telemetry working with my bass shaker under the seat and it's been a dream. I have not used the system because until now the system was not compatible when we were in chat.

Your post made my day, now i already have the telemetry working with my bass shaker under the seat and it's been a dream. I have not used the system because until now the system was not compatible when we were in chat.
That's great ! The GT7 compatibility with Simhib adds so much immersion for Bass shakers. Can't wait to play the game in VR with tactil feedbacks =)

Speaking about that, @gti_sdn just made a new thread dedicated to GT7 & Simhub Bass shakers :

GT7 and SimHub Tactile discussion

Last edited:
Thumbs up isn’t enough to emphasize how spot on this is in my opinion as well.

I can’t in good faith recommend spending more money after so much on the wheel, especially when investing in better pedals directly produces better racing results as a priority, but the addition of feeling the curbs and bumps in my rig is the immersion I was missing in GT7 with the DD GT Pro.

That's great ! The GT7 compatibility with Simhib adds so much immersion for Bass shakers. Can't wait to play the game in VR with tactil feedbacks =)

Speaking about that, @gti_sdn just made a new thread dedicated to GT7 & Simhub Bass shakers :

GT7 and SimHub Tactile discussion

Thanks alot, it works! That said, I am still selling my buttkicker gamer plus because I don’t like the added effects enough for 400$ and not a fan of all the setup to do for console play.

I am good with what the G923 is giving me and I mostly got confused when my chair and the wheel was giving me feedbacks that are not in tune.

Last edited:
A little spooked by the comments about Fanatec gear not providing track feedback in GT7. But I got over it and pre-ordered a GT DD Pro bundle.

A little spooked by the comments about Fanatec gear not providing track feedback in GT7. But I got over it and pre-ordered a GT DD Pro bundle.
I would really think about it at the moment. If GT7 is your number one sim then I would definitely choose the Logitech G Pro.
I'm annoyed myself that I didn't do it. The force feedback of the GT DD Pro really can't be called good in GT7.
There is certainly a reason why the finals in Monaco were not held with Fanatec DD Pro steering wheels.

Last edited:
Don't be, the DD Pro is a great wheelbase. I've had mine since GT7 launched and don't regret it. Whichever wheel you use the FFB from the game is the same it's just the G Pro adds simulation effects on top of this. There's no hidden layer of FFB that only the G Pro uses.

Last edited:
Don't be, the DD Pro is a great wheelbase. I've had mine since GT7 launched and don't regret it. Whichever wheel you use the FFB from the game is the same it's just the G Pro adds simulation effects on top of this. There's no hidden layer of FFB that only the G Pro uses.
I'm not entirely on your side there. Certainly the DD Pro is very good. But in GT7 it simply can't do what it's capable of. There are many statements that even a Logitech G29 or a TM T300 feel better in GT7.
Have you been able to test different steering wheels in GT7 yourself?

I'm not entirely on your side there. Certainly the DD Pro is very good. But in GT7 it simply can't do what it's capable of. There are many statements that even a Logitech G29 or a TM T300 feel better in GT7.
Have you been able to test different steering wheels in GT7 yourself?
I'd never owned a wheel until the Fanatec or used any before.
I think the issue is the FFB implementation by PD more than anything. I play ACC as well and there's so much more detail in that compared to GT7.

I can fully agree with this statement, and it also shows that the DD Pro is a very good piece of hardware. PD should work on this, but unfortunately they don't. I think this is because there are other major problems still with GT7.

Last edited:
It is ok when you don’t compare with other wheel, I just switched my DD Pro for a Logitech G923 because I mainly play GT7 and trust me, the difference in ffb can not be understated.

For comparison without another wheel, if you have a PS5, use the controller. There is much more force feedback with the haptics there also.

I think that Fanatec also didn’t do their homework with their GT7 implementation and seems to work well only with other game like ACC that comes from the PC sim racing scene.

I can fully agree with this statement, and it also shows that the DD Pro is a very good piece of hardware. PD should work on this, but unfortunately they don't. I think this is because there are other major problems still with GT7.
Kaz commented that those with DD wheels are a niche and they care more about the common gamers that doesn’t have a wheel or more accessible price wise.

And Fanatec, they don’t seem to care about GT7 and was just happy to pay to get the official licensing for GT and call it a day.

Back