Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,339 comments
Arrived yesterday... planning a rig do over.

Adding a PC to use with the 3-month iRacing trial purchased for $1 with my DD Pro.

Ordering Next Level Racing® GTElite Blue Ford GT Edition and blue NRG FRP-300BL 1-Side Fiber Glass Racing Seat.

Also ordering the Fanatec CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2

All timed to arrive just before three days off - Yippee ki-yay! :lol:

IMG_8328.JPG

Blue Rig.jpg
Blue Seat.jpg

Last edited:

Adding a PC to use with the 3-month iRacing trial purchased for $1 with my DD Pro.

Ordering Next Level Racing® GTElite with NRG FRP-300BL 1-Side Fiber Glass Racing Seat.

View attachment 1226421
View attachment 1226419View attachment 1226420
I plan on ordering the seat below from Summit Racing. Helluva lot cheaper than the sim racing seats I've seen online.
1674837898198.png

Ordering Next Level Racing® GTElite with NRG FRP-300BL 1-Side Fiber Glass Racing Seat.

View attachment 1226421
View attachment 1226419View attachment 1226420
That is a really sweet setup 👌🏻😊

Yup the McLaren wheel is Xbox Compatible. Use it on my GT DD currently. I bought the QR1 for it. Never used it with the QR Lite but did use the QR Lite with the GT7 wheel. Adds some weight and feels great. Also got the F1 V2.5 xbox wheel and its great for the smaller rim cars and obviously the F1 games. If I could only get one though the McLaren rim is the way to go. The F1 rim is nicer overall in build quality though.

Last edited:
The McLaren is.
Yeah, thanks.
Thinking the GT DD Pro wheel that comes with the bundle, and the Mclaren or the WRC wheel?

Yup the McLaren wheel is Xbox Compatible. Use it on my GT DD currently. I bought the QR1 for it. Never used it with the QR Lite but did use the QR Lite with the GT7 wheel. Adds some weight and feels great. Also got the F1 V2.5 xbox wheel and its great for the smaller rim cars and obviously the F1 games. If I could only get one though the McLaren rim is the way to go. The F1 rim is nicer overall in build quality though.
Was thinking about the Qr1, is it worth it?

I personally like it, but you could always see how the QR Lite is when you get it. I would say it’s obviously better then the QR Lite but maybe not something everyone will want to spend $100 on. I just grabbed it during the black friday sale and the f1 already came with it so I bought another.

I'm hoping someone here can give me some info about the bits and pieces I've caught about FFB being "broken" on GT7 for the Fanatec DD wheels. I'm just getting back into sim racing after taking a break for a few years (PSVR2 rekindled the flame), currently running a Thrustmaster T248 on a Next Level GT Track cockpit.

I bought the T248 because it was in stock and priced reasonably, but my past experience with Thrustmaster hasn't been great. I'm planning on upgrading around May assuming PSVR2 is as good as I expect (maybe sooner if this wheel dies on me) but I've seen more than one comment about some recent update breaking the Fanatec wheels. Is there any truth in this? Is it overblown? Are they still better feeling than the belt driven wheels (or hybrid in my case)? DD wheels in general are new to me, they didn't exist on consoles when I was doing this before.

I'd say the FFB isn't broken it's just poor implementation by Polyphony Digital. I've got a DD Pro and the FFB from the game has always lacked detail imho. Some people like to point the finger at Fanatec but I blame PD. Compare it with the FFB from ACC and it's a night and day difference, the wheel comes alive playing that.

I'd say the FFB isn't broken it's just poor implementation by Polyphony Digital. I've got a DD Pro and the FFB from the game has always lacked detail imho. Some people like to point the finger at Fanatec but I blame PD. Compare it with the FFB from ACC and it's a night and day difference, the wheel comes alive playing that.
Yup, and that's even with ACC not really natively supporting the DD Pro but recommending the compatibility mode (mimicking a CSL Elite) instead.

When we had the infamous 1.13 (I believe? Or was it 1.15?) update, which vastly reduced FFB power, you could feel there were many more details in there. Just too weak - and then they changed it back. So they could, they just need to make some adjustments how the game works with it.

Last edited:
When we had the infamous 1.13 (I believe? Or was it 1.15?) update, which vastly reduced FFB power, you could feel there were many more details in there. Just too weak - and then they changed it back. So they could, they just need to make some adjustments how the game works with it.
The reason for the change back to how it was is simple - people made so much noise about it being worse because they don't have a clue about actually good FFB and stronger always equals better. There's no way to have a good dynamic range without it being light at the lower end, the steering certainly was heavy with high downforce cars at high speed but street cars were light. Which is how it is in real life, power steering combined with low downforce and street tyres will always be relatively light but try to tell that to the very loud general public who have no idea about physics and only want the FFB to be so heavy that you need two hands to make it through turns in a grocery getter.

The reason for the change back to how it was is simple - people made so much noise about it being worse because they don't have a clue about actually good FFB and stronger always equals better. There's no way to have a good dynamic range without it being light at the lower end, the steering certainly was heavy with high downforce cars at high speed but street cars were light. Which is how it is in real life, power steering combined with low downforce and street tyres will always be relatively light but try to tell that to the very loud general public who have no idea about physics and only want the FFB to be so heavy that you need two hands to make it through turns in a grocery getter.
I know what you mean and I was one of those people at first too. I guess this is one of the drawbacks of being able to change the settings within the wheel, as you needed to adjust them to really be able to feel the difference. So there was a big initial backlash and the positive notes on came in later on. I really wish and hope that they will adjust that again or at least give people the option to choose.

I've noticed a few times recently that between races the feedback through my GT DD changes and all of a sudden it gets like twice as heavy, it's really noticable... and I've changed nothing, just come out of one race and into another. I do have the Boost kit.

Anyone else had this?

I've noticed a few times recently that between races the feedback through my GT DD changes and all of a sudden it gets like twice as heavy, it's really noticable... and I've changed nothing, just come out of one race and into another. I do have the Boost kit.

Anyone else had this?
No, haven't noticed it, I have the boost kit as well. With the settings I use, I can feel the difference in grip between cars and surfaces, which varies the steering weight dramatically, especially when the heavy rain kicks in.

Anyone else had this?
It’s happened to me before as well. You can pause and immediately resume your game and it will go back to normal.

I don’t know why or anything, it is noted in the Fanatec forums as an issue but it has not reoccurred for me in a long time and I play daily.

Anyone else had this?
Yup, I have it regularly as well. It can happen anytime you start a race or come out of the pits. But as the others said, just press pause once and you can immediately resume with the issue fixed.
If you're in an online race, wait for a longer straight and do it there, then the autopilot should stay on the throttle and don't cost you any time.

No, haven't noticed it, I have the boost kit as well. With the settings I use, I can feel the difference in grip between cars and surfaces, which varies the steering weight dramatically, especially when the heavy rain kicks in.

It’s happened to me before as well. You can pause and immediately resume your game and it will go back to normal.

I don’t know why or anything, it is noted in the Fanatec forums as an issue but it has not reoccu

Yup, I have it regularly as well. It can happen anytime you start a race or come out of the pits. But as the others said, just press pause once and you can immediately resume with the issue fixed.
If you're in an online race, wait for a longer straight and do it there, then the autopilot should stay on the throttle and don't cost you any time.
Thanks for the info guy's, I didn't know pausing sorts it out so thats good to know.
It's also good that it's noted on the Fanatec forums.
I'll check my firmware is up to date I think... wishful thinking maybe!

Thanks for the info guy's, I didn't know pausing sorts it out so thats good to know.
It's also good that it's noted on the Fanatec forums.
I'll check my firmware is up to date I think... wishful thinking maybe!
I have 447, the latest official release. So it's still there.
I know that the 448 beta is out but haven't tried that yet

I have another question for you guy's..... I haven't really played with any settings on my GT DD, but I think I need to!
Probably most important is steering angle because I'm finding on hairpins I'm turning the wheel almost 180° and getting my arms a bit crossed up which is kind of stupid.

Have you guy's changed this setting? Is it even possible to change it?

I guess an angle somewhere in between 180° and 90° would be about right, maybe 125° to 130°?

I have another question for you guy's..... I haven't really played with any settings on my GT DD, but I think I need to!
Probably most important is steering angle because I'm finding on hairpins I'm turning the wheel almost 180° and getting my arms a bit crossed up which is kind of stupid.

Have you guy's changed this setting? Is it even possible to change it?

I guess an angle somewhere in between 180° and 90° would be about right, maybe 125° to 130°?
I have it at Auto, which is also recommended. I think GT also adjusts it automatically for each car, so there shouldn't be any need to change it.
Turning 180 degrees should be alright, but only in slow speed hairpins. In other corners it's not necessary, and if you do turn that much you will have massive understeer.

@Jules_r I found it very important to adjust the settings for each game, to get the right tyre grip feel especially.
The A setting on the wheel, as well as the recommended settings from Fanatec felt too heavy lacking details.
The steering angle in most games is Auto, so it changes for each car. But you can set it to your preference if you prefer. 900-1080 for road racing cars is common and down to 540 degrees for rally cars.
As @timekiller001 said, any tighter than that will be twitchy and break grip easily.

My GT DD Pro arrived.
Big difference compared to my T300, really strong FFB.

But really dislike the ”clunk/notch” when turning left and right under heavy load.
On ACC, when driving on a straight in high speed and then turning left and right.
I have seen this reported on Fanatec forum from users, real shame.

Last edited:
Back