Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,329 comments
Any idea if the latest drivers have any effect on the use on PS5?
Are the drivers saved in the wheel, or just in the PC, for use on PC?
Depends what driver you're currently on as to whether it'll have an effect. If you're on a version older than 448 it's worth doing. You can see what's changed here.

You can try with sheet metal from a can 0.2mm thick.
It's better than tape and doesn't wear out, but it's a little tricky to shape it along the channel.

View attachment 1228219

Thanks. I used some thin two way permanent double sided scotch tape 3m to hold the metal in place workks great.

Attachments

• 20230213_213338.jpg
    20230213_213338.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 45
So long as there’s no active FFB, it’s fine.
Thanks. I appreciate that. I thought so but didn't know. I also had a CSW V2 and CSL but only had 1 rim so never had to change it. I got the WRC Rim to play Xbox Series X. But I really like the WRC Rim so I'll probably use it for all my Ps5 games. I just got a hole new set up. Went back to the controller 5 years ago. Man I miss a good Wheel.

Attachments

• 20230210_213401.jpg
    20230210_213401.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 33
  • rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN0921.JPG
    DSCN0921.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 34
Thanks. I used some thin two way permanent double sided scotch tape 3m to hold the metal in place workks great.
Looks great.
Did you use a soda can?
Wondering about the thickness of the metal.

Nice setup 👌🏻

Last edited:
Any idea if the latest drivers have any effect on the use on PS5?
Are the drivers saved in the wheel, or just in the PC, for use on PC?
The new drivers for PC have no effect on PS5 but the latest firmware made available for install via the latest driver package will absolutely affect use on PS5 and help deal with any issues (or create some issues :D).

It's a bit of a joke to be honest that we don't have Fanatec/Thrustmaster/Logitech software available in the Playstation store that can be used to flash firmware onto stuff like wheelbases. Not sure who is to blame - probably a combination of both the wheelbase vendors and Sony to be honest (or Microsoft in the case of Xbox).

Last edited:
It's a bit of a joke to be honest that we don't have Fanatec/Thrustmaster/Logitech software available in the Playstation store that can be used to flash firmware onto stuff like wheelbases. Not sure who is to blame - probably a combination of both the wheelbase vendors and Sony to be honest (or Microsoft in the case of Xbox).

The new drivers for PC have no effect on PS5 but the latest firmware made available for install via the latest driver package will absolutely affect use on PS5 and help deal with any issues (or create some issues :D).

Sony very likely doesn't want to be accountable for issues with other companies' hardware/warranties and flashing problems.
If anything these companies should have a solution via iOS/Android and a simple app.

I've been reading into recent posts and find myself with no real clue as to what is the best steering wheelbase/pedals combo to buy.
For tactile I can offer good sensations so I am not that bothered about Tru Force or similar, (on that topic, where can I read about exactly what this offers with GT7). I just want to experience the game as best possible with good quality hardware.

Frustrating but, I do not see any YT channels or experienced people that review such hardware. Offering an up to date in-depth comparison with what is regarded as the best wheels for GT7 and using alternative PC sim hardware with adapters.

Why has this not been done already?
I was seeking feedback here

Last edited:
After having gotten fed up with the FFB in GT7 I decided to just start from scratch and not use any recommended settings as a base. After a few tweaks and lots of testing I've finally found settings that have really brought back my enjoyment of the game. The steering now feels tight and direct to me with better control when the back tries to step out and I'm sure I can feel the back end start to move around under heaving breaking. All in all it's made me faster than before. You may think I've gone mad with the NDP settings but give them a try and, hopefully, thank me later 😉🤣.

SEN AUTO
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 5
NFR 10
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

In game using 6 & 3 atm (22/7/23).

Note: even though this is an old post it'll always be updated with my current settings.

Last edited:
After having gotten fed up with the FFB in GT7 I decided to just start from scratch and not use any recommended settings as a base. After a few tweaks and lots of testing I've finally found settings that have really brought back my enjoyment of the game. The steering now feels tight and direct to me with better control when the back tries to step out and I'm sure I can feel the back end start to move around under heaving breaking. All in all it's made me faster than before. You may think I've gone mad with the NDP settings but give them a try and, hopefully, thank me later 😉🤣.

SEN AUTO
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP OFF
NFR 4
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 110
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

In game still using 5 & 1.
I’ll give those a try - mine are aleady similar. Agree that NDP is the main killer of feel - if you don’t like off, at least get it down lower. Not sure but there may have a been some subtle tweaks in the last patch as well, or maybe its just the VR helping out. The older cars with softer suspension are really lively

Now if they‘d just fix the tire model - slicks are still too stiff and the grip/traction is wrong.

EDIT: did some laps at Road Atlanta - NDP off is a bit too jittery for me - the response feels unnaturally quick to me, but I do think 3-5 is a good range, down from 15 on my previous setting. Still think LINEAR and 4,1 game is the way to go in GT7 (for 8 NM) though so sticking w that for now. You’re running it stronger than I prefer w PEAK and 5,1. But is possible to get decent FFB in GT7 w the DD Pro - the bashing is no longer so deserved. Room for improvement? yeah but enjoyable enough for now.

Last edited:

SEN AUTO
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP OFF
NFR 4
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 110
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

I like it. Tested several configs on the thread this morning, and this is the one I've landed on after doing too many hot laps on Laguna seca...

@rs6like yours too mate, just a bit too light in the ffb strength dept, which I assume is down to the linear, rather than peak setting you mentioned?

B80
I like it. Tested several configs on the thread this morning, and this is the one I've landed on after doing too many hot laps on Laguna seca...

@rs6like yours too mate, just a bit too light in the ffb strength dept, which I assume is down to the linear, rather than peak setting you mentioned?
yeah linear does cut down the max force from 8nm to 6, but seems to add some detail to the lower/mid range. I turned up FOR to 110 to comp. Could also go to 5,1 for a bit more. Not sure if the game side clipping is still there.

Wish Fanatec had some info on how the curves differ. I do run PEAK in F1 and ACC

SEN AUTO
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP OFF
NFR 4
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 110
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

Gave a quick spin on my daily Sargrdena grind and liked the combo of FFB strength and nuanced feel.
F4E6A903-F196-400B-8736-9EA061FF79AA.gif
Daddy like

Sony very likely doesn't want to be accountable for issues with other companies' hardware/warranties and flashing problems.
If anything these companies should have a solution via iOS/Android and a simple app.

I've been reading into recent posts and find myself with no real clue as to what is the best steering wheelbase/pedals combo to buy.
For tactile I can offer good sensations so I am not that bothered about Tru Force or similar, (on that topic, where can I read about exactly what this offers with GT7). I just want to experience the game as best possible with good quality hardware.

Frustrating but, I do not see any YT channels or experienced people that review such hardware. Offering an up to date in-depth comparison with what is regarded as the best wheels for GT7 and using alternative PC sim hardware with adapters.

Why has this not been done already?
I was seeking feedback here
Has been done:

Has been done:

Not quite, he is using a Fanatec DD1 which is then limited to at best V3 pedals.

What I refer to is a combination like:
Simucube 2 Pro
Heusinkveld Sim Pedals

Lots of brilliant options for pedals and wheel rims (for PC) but as I have said, no videos or info on *(if) or *(what) PC hardware combos for....

A) DD Wheel Bases
B) Wheel Rims
C) High-End Pedals

Can be used, or usable with GT7 via an adapter like the (Drivehub)
A video offering an overview of this but then ALSO highlighting any issues or compatibility problems.

To determine even if such is possible, how THAT compares to an option like a Logitech G Pro wheel and pedals, which currently seems to be the best GT7 option.

* I feel it's likely, that possible benefits with the alternative or better PC hardware and an ability to have nicer wheel rims (even if usable) will be hampered by issues of compatibility and hassle.

Last edited:
Tomorrow server update maybe change for DD Pro...?

I try a lot of setup but nothing good for me. And with Gr.3 car i have always to set "SEN" to 360...

Tomorrow server update maybe change for DD Pro...?

I try a lot of setup but nothing good for me. And with Gr.3 car i have always to set "SEN" to 360...
Give my settings a try (they're a few posts above), PD don't seem to care about improving the FFB. I always leave SEN on auto, works ok for me.

I was about to throw the DD out the window.

Abarth_71, you change all my things.

Now i'm happy to use DD Pro!

Can i post everywhere your configuration?

I think maybe can help other people.

So strange your configuration... but work, work, work!!!

I was about to throw the DD out the window.

Abarth_71, you change all my things.

Now i'm happy to use DD Pro!

Can i post everywhere your configuration?

I think maybe can help other people.

So strange your configuration... but work, work, work!!!
Glad they worked for you, feel free to share them.

Happy with my GT DD Pro wheel ( 8Nm ), but I have a question regarding FFB in ACC.
When I'm going around high speed corners (eg 3rd corner, the fast left hander in Oulton Park), the feedback sensations goes heavy/numb.
No detail.
The hud does not show any clipping.
Is this normal or is something wrong with my wheel?
Using these settings:

A52B8CBD-CEEB-4ED2-A75D-B4CFF917AEB0.jpeg

Happy with my GT DD Pro wheel ( 8Nm ), but I have a question regarding FFB in ACC.
When I'm going around high speed corners (eg 3rd corner, the fast left hander in Oulton Park), the feedback sensations goes heavy/numb.
No detail.
The hud does not show any clipping.
Is this normal or is something wrong with my wheel?
Using these settings:

View attachment 1235693
Sounds like clipping from a peak ffb. Try lowering gain for that car and track, it may help. I adjust the Gain per car.

I just got a GT DD Pro for GT7. I also have an Simxperience Accuforce V1 for PC sim racing, particularly iRacing. Any insight from anyone as to whether the GT DD Pro is better than the Accuforce for PC sims such as iRacing? I will probably compare the two at some point, just wondering if anyone else already has done the comparison.

Sounds like clipping from a peak ffb. Try lowering gain for that car and track, it may help. I adjust the Gain per car.
Thanks,
I just think it is strange if it is clipping with these settings and this wheel.
The FFB hud on screen never turns red.

SEN AUTO
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP OFF
NFR 4
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 110
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

Hi !!! Thank you so much for this contribution Abarth..!!!. would it be possibile for each of this value you decided to apply to describe us (e.g for me as a DDPRO newbie) why you did it and what was the expected result you was aiming for..? that would be nice for learning purposes...

Hi !!! Thank you so much for this contribution Abarth..!!!. would it be possibile for each of this value you decided to apply to describe us (e.g for me as a DDPRO newbie) why you did it and what was the expected result you was aiming for..? that would be nice for learning purposes...
I was just going for more feel and, as I've been playing a lot of ACC on PS5 as well, trying to get the most FFB possible.
So with the boost kit peak gives the full 8NM of torque. I turned NDP off because with it on there's a big lack of feel when the wheel is around the centre and it also numbs the FFB. I've added a bit of NFR just to increase the feeling of resistance a bit while rotating the wheel. NIN simulates additional steering weight but with my settings it's not needed. INT smooths the FFB but as I'm trying to get as much feeling as possible that stays off. FEI is the intensity of FFB so you want that maxed out. Increasing in game torque to more than 5 supposedly results in clipping so increasing FOR to 110 gave me a bit more FFB. SPR and DPR are apparently not supported by GT7 but even if they were SPR would pull the wheel back to centre and DPR creates friction. I don't want either so they get turned off anyway.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
I was just going for more feel and, as I've been playing a lot of ACC on PS5 as well, trying to get the most FFB possible.
So with the boost kit peak gives the full 8NM of torque. I turned NDP off because with it on there's a big lack of feel when the wheel is around the centre and it also numbs the FFB. I've added a bit of NFR just to increase the feeling of resistance a bit while rotating the wheel. NIN simulates additional steering weight but with my settings it's not needed. INT smooths the FFB but as I'm trying to get as much feeling as possible that stays off. FEI is the intensity of FFB so you want that maxed out. Increasing in game torque to more than 5 supposedly results in clipping so increasing FOR to 110 gave me a bit more FFB. SPR and DPR are apparently not supported by GT7 but even if they were SPR would pull the wheel back to centre and DPR creates friction. I don't want either so they get turned off anyway.

Hope that makes sense.
fantastic !! have you also tried Linear as "our Collegue" RS60 was suggesting. ? I am on Linear with 8Nm and i had a huge benefit ! now would like to combine and test your approach with his setup on my lake maggiore where I always test the same 3 cars same conditions on a time trial to appreciate any setup changes

Back