Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,329 comments
fantastic !! have you also tried Linear as "our Collegue" RS60 was suggesting. ? I am on Linear with 8Nm and i had a huge benefit ! now would like to combine and test your approach with his setup on my lake maggiore where I always test the same 3 cars same conditions on a time trial to appreciate any setup changes
Yeah I have tried linear but found it too weak. My settings give the best feel & FFB for how I like to drive.

Might have been mentioned before,
Does the QR1 solve the clicking problem?
Anyone that has upgraded from the plastic QR1 lite to the QR1?
By clicking do you mean the movement in the QR Lite? I've had my QR1 for a few weeks now and use the locking screw, it's rock solid.

After having gotten fed up with the FFB in GT7 I decided to just start from scratch and not use any recommended settings as a base. After a few tweaks and lots of testing I've finally found settings that have really brought back my enjoyment of the game. The steering now feels tight and direct to me with better control when the back tries to step out and I'm sure I can feel the back end start to move around under heaving breaking. All in all it's made me faster than before. You may think I've gone mad with the NDP settings but give them a try and, hopefully, thank me later 😉🤣.

SEN AUTO
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP OFF
NFR 4
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 110
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

In game still using 5 & 1.
Going to try this setup as well! Using the BMW GT2 v2 wheel. Does that make any difference compared to the default GT DD Pro wheel?

By clicking do you mean the movement in the QR Lite? I've had my QR1 for a few weeks now and use the locking screw, it's rock solid.
A clicking/clunky noise and feeling when changing direction from left to right under high FFB moments.
Hard to explain but there are many videos on youtube.

Last edited:
Going to try this setup as well! Using the BMW GT2 v2 wheel. Does that make any difference compared to the default GT DD Pro wheel?
I did the settings with the McLaren rim, that's the only one I use.
A clicking/clunky noise and feeling when changing direction from left to right under high FFB moments.
Yeah that's probably because of the QR Lite slipping. There's none of that with the QR1.

Last edited:
I did the settings with the McLaren rim, that's the only one I use.

Yeah that'll be because of the QR Lite slipping. There's none of that with the QR1.
Thanks,

Going to order a new wheel for my DD Pro that is compatible with both the Xbox SX and PS5.
I will add a QR1 and hopefully it will solve the problem.

Thanks,

Going to order a new wheel for my DD Pro that is compatible with both the Xbox SX and PS5.
I will add a QR1 and hopefully it will solve the problem.
Surprised me that it was designed and built with slip, because of the keyway being oversized.
The downside I see with QR1, is that it's not really quick anymore, if it has to be screwed on with the locking screw, to stop slip. They just need to build wheels with a larger plastic key inside the wheel to stop the movement and allow for quick changes.

Surprised me that it was designed and built with slip, because of the keyway being oversized.
The downside I see with QR1, is that it's not really quick anymore, if it has to be screwed on with the locking screw, to stop slip. They just need to build wheels with a larger plastic key inside the wheel to stop the movement and allow for quick changes.
You don't have to use the screw. By design the QR1 fills the notch in the shaft much better, I just used it because I don't change wheels so didn't have a need to try it without.

Agree, thinking that this will be the wheel I use for all my racing, and using the locking screw all will be ok.

My new wheel and the QR1 arrived today.
Tested it out in ACC at Oulton Park.
The clicking/clunky noise and feeling when changing direction from left to right under high FFB moments are gone.
Even without the security bolt.

A shame that I had to buy a new QR but for now I am just glad everything is working as it should.

I thought it was just me. I have a Fanatec universal hub with QR1 coming on Friday, I will mount my MPI rim and I should be good. I like the looks of the GT DD Pro stock rim but its definitely not made to handle the heavy FFB of PC sims, including iRacing.

I thought it was just me. I have a Fanatec universal hub with QR1 coming on Friday, I will mount my MPI rim and I should be good. I like the looks of the GT DD Pro stock rim but its definitely not made to handle the heavy FFB of PC sims, including iRacing.
If you just swap a metal QR1 onto the stock rim, it will be absolutely fine with PC sims.

Like @Nathaniel_Wu said,
The GT DD Pro wheel is ok, it is the QR Lite that is the problem.
Just ordered a new wheel so I could use it with both my PS5 and Xbox SX.

It's not the rim or the wheelbase, it's tolerances in the QR and the shaft that is the cause of any knocking - more obvious for those with 8Nm as you'd expect.

Also I'd add that heaviness of FFB has nothing to do with the sim (or console vs PC) you are playing either - it's all about the settings you choose and the specifications of the wheelbase.

Last edited:
You don't have to use the screw. By design the QR1 fills the notch in the shaft much better, I just used it because I don't change wheels so didn't have a need to try it without.
Then you must be the only one that has no space between the qr1 and base shaft. All my qr1's have it. Old and new.
And thats the same with all the different bases i've had ...

Last edited:
Then you must be the only one that has no space between the qr1 and base shaft. All my qr1's have it. Old and new.
And thats the same with all the different bases i've had ...
I bought a podium hub last October, the QR1 that comes with it didn't have any play as well. Although my other 3 QR1's bought before it all had some amount of play with the DD Pro shaft.

The tape trick hasn’t worked for me very well, long story short a few weeks ago I tried using some aluminum foil hvac tape I had lying around since I switched to ACC and the knocking was more prominent with electrical tape. It has done the trick so far although I’m upgrading to a new wheel with a metal QR, it’s been working perfectly since adding.

It's not the rim or the wheelbase, it's tolerances in the QR and the shaft that is the cause of any knocking - more obvious for those with 8Nm as you'd expect.

Also I'd add that heaviness of FFB has nothing to do with the sim (or console vs PC) you are playing either - it's all about the settings you choose and the specifications of the wheelbase.
This is correct. I had the FFB turned up too high in iRacing whereas it’s more moderate in GT7. No issue with the stock QR.

I plan to stick with my Accuforce for iRacing on PC, GT DD Pro for GT7 on PS5.

Ok my Dudes, this are my first initial impressions with my New Toy.
I‘ll try to keep it short and to the Point.
The Wheelbase is a Dream. Buttery Smooth, absolutely quiet and ridiculously Strong with the 8nm Power Supply.
Quality Build, Materials feel great and everything is well built together.
Overall a great Wheelbase.

The Wheel is surprisingly very good too. The Rims’ Rubber Surface feels great and grippy, some very smart Button Layout, everything is easy to reach. It looks very small with its28cm Diameter but once in use, it feels very Natural and provides a decent Feeling.

The Pedals, well the Pedals. To me the most important part in a Sim Setup. Very good Quality Build, very solid and rigid. Zero Flex and a very nice Metal Finish. They definitely feel very good underneath your Feet.
The Load Cell is awesome. Hard like a Brick made of Concrete. Very precise to operate, Trail Braking is a Dream.

So overall, I’m very happy with my Purchase, it was a long wait but now that it’s here , all the desperate waiting is forgotten.

Well done Fanatec, I was unsure if I made the right decision when I sold my complete Thrustmaster Equipment with which i was very pleased.
But I’m convinced now that it was the right decision, at least for me.
It’s definitely a step up for my Sim Racing Experience and I’ll enjoy my Hobby now more than ever.

I‘ll attach some Pictures with all the Stuff I bought over the past 4 Weeks.
It wasn’t Cheap but that’s my Hobby which gives me so much joy and pleasure and I absolutely don’t regret it a single bit.
View attachment 1124797

View attachment 1124798

View attachment 1124799

View attachment 1124801

View attachment 1124802

View attachment 1124803View attachment 1124804

View attachment 1124806View attachment 1124807View attachment 1124808

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, right now I’m at Work and it’s very quiet here at the Moment

:gtpflag:
Hi mate, I've ordered the exact same setup including the play seat. Could you tell me if Fanatec supply bolts for mounting DD and pedals to the playseat? If not would you the bolt size needed. Thanks mark

VAT paid this morning. Love living in the UK right now :cheers:

Requested for the delivery to be changed to Friday the 18th.. hopefully with the VAT paid, it can come through quicker.
How much vat did you pay mate? I'm also from the UK and was looking to spend around £1200 on bits. Do they supply a UK power supply for DD pro?

How much vat did you pay mate? I'm also from the UK and was looking to spend around £1200 on bits. Do they supply a UK power supply for DD pro?
You'll have to pay 20% VAT plus a small handling charge. Fanatec don't supply the mounting bolts. UK power supply is included.

You'll have to pay 20% VAT plus a small handling charge. Fanatec don't supply the mounting bolts. UK power supply is included.
Thanks for the response. So I basically just add 20% to the basket price and that should roughly be what the ups charge would be. Does it also go off weight of packages or just total cost? Cos a UK company has all the added bitd I want around £450 but out of stock of the DD pro. Don't know weather to order bits from uk or everything from fanatec

Thanks for the response. So I basically just add 20% to the basket price and that should roughly be what the ups charge would be. Does it also go off weight of packages or just total cost? Cos a UK company has all the added bitd I want around £450 but out of stock of the DD pro. Don't know weather to order bits from uk or everything from fanatec
It's % of the total cost so yes, convert to £ and add 20%. Yeah you can't get a DD Pro anywhere but direct.

Back