Fanatec Limited Edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2020

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 81 comments
I've never used a formula type wheel and this will be my first, after a few years with the T300. I think the size is not far from current GT3 and F1 wheels. I do like a good GT, round wheel, tho. I think it gives slightly more control and small input adjustments due to the larger radious. But I don't know. Lots of people use formula types of wheel for everything.

I'm curious to know how my style changes if al all. And above all, my pace. :D
Thanks @zzz_pt . I decided to do some further checking for reviews on youtube and my oh my it made me want to purchase it more. Thing is though on the expanded intro on this reviewer's post it says the Limited Edition F1 2020 wheel is "SOLD OUT" for North American market. Also just checked on the fanatec site and confirms "SOLD OUT......00000 Units available". That's a bummer. Sure went fast.
This is the review (one of) I checked out. Excellent and in-depth review IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks @zzz_pt . I decided to do some further checking for reviews on youtube and my oh my it made me want to purchase it more. Thing is though on the expanded intro on this reviewer's post it says the Limited Edition F1 2020 wheel is "SOLD OUT" for North American market. Also just checked on the fanatec site and confirms "SOLD OUT......00000 Units available". That's a bummer. Sure went fast.
This is the review (one of) I checked out. Excellent and in-depth review IMO.

I checked that review as well... After I bought it. :D

But because I had already seen reviews of the formula V2, I knew the F1 edition would be better especially with the paddles.

It looks stunning! And I wanted to buy it asap because I knew it would sell out quickly.

Now, I bought mine through bank transfer so I hope it worked out. The money has been transfered while there were still some units available so I hope there's no issue.

I checked that review as well... After I bought it. :D

But because I had already seen reviews of the formula V2, I knew the F1 edition would be better especially with the paddles.

It looks stunning! And I wanted to buy it asap because I knew it would sell out quickly.

Now, I bought mine through bank transfer so I hope it worked out. The money has been transfered while there were still some units available so I hope there's no issue.
Good thing you bought it when you did....Hopefully the bank transfer would go or have gone through in time before the stock was actually sold out. Would be a bummer if it didn't. I think you'll be very pleased with it if you do get it of course.
Would have been great if it wasn't just a limited edition IMO so more units would be available afterwards but those are the breaks I guess.
Something current PS4 users have been wondering though is if our current wheels etc eg CSL Elite and also these newer offered products would be compatible with the PS5 when released but nobody is able to confirm. Would be a helluva ting when the PS5 is eventually released to realise they wouldn't be compatible wouldn't it?

Something current PS4 users have been wondering though is if our current wheels etc eg CSL Elite and also these newer offered products would be compatible with the PS5 when released but nobody is able to confirm. Would be a helluva ting when the PS5 is eventually released to realise they wouldn't be compatible wouldn't it?

I'm spending over 1300€ in Fanatec hardware firm in the belive that Sony will support it on the PS5. I think it would be the first time it happened if a new console wouldn't support the hardware used to play on the previous generation, especially with backwards compatibily being such a big talking point nowadays.

I'm spending over 1300€ in Fanatec hardware firm in the belive that Sony will support it on the PS5. I think it would be the first time it happened if a new console wouldn't support the hardware used to play on the previous generation, especially with backwards compatibily being such a big talking point nowadays.
Yeah I'm thinking and hoping so myself. Very hard to imagine the current racing devices over the last couple years would be deemed not compatible and more so these now released gear. After spending so much money if it became known as not compatible that is enough to even make Mother Theresa and baby Jesus cry.

Not sure how it'd be the first time, since that's exactly what happened this current generation (all previous generation steering wheels were made incompatible), but, uuuhm, okay...

Any of this generation's gear / accessories / controllers, at least, on Xbox's side, is supposed to remain wholly compatible with the upcoming generation. As for the Playstation side of things, as far as I'm aware, there's been nothing concrete stated as to how it'll be handled, but it'd be a genuine demerit against the PS platform if that weren't also the case.

Not sure how it'd be the first time, since that's exactly what happened this current generation (all previous generation steering wheels were made incompatible), but, uuuhm, okay...

Any of this generation's gear / accessories / controllers, at least, on Xbox's side, is supposed to remain wholly compatible with the upcoming generation. As for the Playstation side of things, as far as I'm aware, there's been nothing concrete stated as to how it'll be handled, but it'd be a genuine demerit against the PS platform if that weren't also the case.

Plenty of people still use PS3 era wheels on GTSport. T500, T150 and G27 for instance.

Dunno what you're talking about.

Edit. I guess the g27 needs a 3rd party adaptor. But the T500 works and is a very old wheel (it was releast before GT6).

Also, as I wrote before, given the focus of next generation on backwards compatibility (PS5 confirmed PS4 BC and GTSport has been played on PS5), it would be really odd if the steering wheels, at least the ones released during the PS4 lifecycle, weren't supported.

Last edited:
Plenty of people still use PS3 era wheels on GTSport. T500, T150 and G27 for instance.

Dunno what you're talking about.

Edit. I guess the g27 needs a 3rd party adaptor. But the T500 works and is a very old wheel (it was releast before GT6).

Also, as I wrote before, given the focus of next generation on backwards compatibility (PS5 confirmed PS4 BC and GTSport has been played on PS5), it would be really odd if the steering wheels, at least the ones released during the PS4 lifecycle, weren't supported.

only Thrustmaster worked, the Fanatec CSW V2 worked on PS3 but all of a sudden support on PS4 was dropped , 1500 bundle down the drain so I had to buy a G29 for GT Sport

only Thrustmaster worked, the Fanatec CSW V2 worked on PS3 but all of a sudden support on PS4 was dropped , 1500 bundle down the drain so I had to buy a G29 for GT Sport

But the CSL Elite is an officially licensed wheel for the Playstation, which I believe makes a big difference. The CSW was an unlicensed product, so Sony didn't have to make it compatible with the PS4. Still, the CSL Elite maybe won't be compatible with the PS5. I think that would be a dumb mistake, given the amount of players, especially on GTSport, use Fanatec more and more. The largest GTSport streamer (Super GT) also uses Fanatec - big promotion right there - and Kie25 is jumping to Fanatec too due to unreliability issues with TM.

Its been confirmed by Fanatec that they are waiting on Sony to confirm if they will use the same security system, therefor allowing compatibility with existing wheels. Xbox have confirmed backwards compatibility for Fanatec and Thrustmaster wheels. All eyes are on Sony. - Source link
It will sure be a bummer when the time comes for PS5 release that current Fanatec wheels become incompatible. Lots of people have spent huge amounts of money recently purchasing especially due to the lockdown period.
I myself am waiting for confirmation before purchasing some more Fanatec gear I'd like to get. Confirmation from Sony would sure be appreciated.

Not the correct topic but what is the difference between these two?

• CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4
  • CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4

There's something I'd like to find out about Formula style wheels so I hope those of you more familiar can assist.
I'd like to purchase one of them sometime down the road but I hardly race Formula type games or cars but mainly GT/GT3, Sports, Stock etc.
I currently have a round (CSL Elite) wheel and was wondering if I got one of them spiffy Formula style wheels if I can:
1. Use it pretty much the same or does it make it more difficult for use with non-formula cars in terms of handling/rotation etc.
2. In in-game options for setting wheel rotation, if there's an option should the wheel rotation be 1080 degrees or 900 degrees or what?

1. Use it pretty much the same or does it make it more difficult for use with non-formula cars in terms of handling/rotation etc.
2. In in-game options for setting wheel rotation, if there's an option should the wheel rotation be 1080 degrees or 900 degrees or what?

1: GTs are fine on my DD2 and Formula v2. The thing you'll hate is road cars that are twitchy, because you can't let the wheel go to catch slides, you have to manually catch it. It's not optimal. I have the Porsche wheel coming to help with these types of cars.
2: Depends on the wheelbase, but yes, Fanatec lets you adjust from like 180 to 1080, depending on the wheelbase. The DDs can go even higher if you do truck simulators. Formula games have 360 degrees IIRC.

1: GTs are fine on my DD2 and Formula v2. The thing you'll hate is road cars that are twitchy, because you can't let the wheel go to catch slides, you have to manually catch it. It's not optimal. I have the Porsche wheel coming to help with these types of cars.
2: Depends on the wheelbase, but yes, Fanatec lets you adjust from like 180 to 1080, depending on the wheelbase. The DDs can go even higher if you do truck simulators. Formula games have 360 degrees IIRC.
Thanks bro.

I was able to order one of these the day they went live but it's my first time pre-ordering from Fanatec, so if the Fanatec site shows my order will be available on 7.3 does that mean that is when it should ship?

Really love this color scheme really lame that they do these really small limited runs. If anyone wants to trade theirs for a blue PS4 version let me know.

Got my email that the wheel is in warehouse processing now so it should ship soon. Excited to get it in hand but I’ll miss the clutch from my McLaren wheel. I’m thinking of getting the podium advanced shifter and putting the paddles from this wheel on but it seems the top paddles on the PAS might interfere so I’ll have to see if using some stand offs might make the top ones work still.

Back