Fanatec Replaces Thrustmaster at the GT Sport Tokyo World Tour Event

From what I've seen with one Youtuber (EEEEERIESS I believe), its likely to be a big adjustment with the Load cell Pedals and such.

That's if they use the load cell. They might just use the 2-pedal set just for "simplicity" sake.

That's if they use the load cell. They might just use the 2-pedal set just for "simplicity" sake.
It would definitely make more sense to use the two pedal set, and that's what it looks like to me in this image.... but I'm not an expert in Fanatec gear.

EHjEt_DVAAA9p-x.jpg

Edited to add a cropped version:

EHjEt_DVAAA9p-x.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard Tidgney say many times on his streams that he used the T-GT wheel because it 'was' the one used at the GT events, and using a different wheel could put him at a slight disadvantage. The converse may be true though, anyone who uses the CSL Elite may now have a slight advantage. Interesting to see what he and the other competitors think.

It is a bit odd when Thrustmaster have an 'official' wheel which has been used at many events.

Mmm... I have that two pedal set of Fanatec with loadcell kit so even in pictures shows only two pedal doesn't mean it has not load cell with it. Maybe they removed that clutch pedal as I did. I certainly hope they have it because it is awesome! With fully adjustable force of braking power from wheel menu this makes me very happy racer and with resonable price too ~300 euros.

edit. yes there seem to be that yellow PU under brake pedal which confirms this is just original two pedal set without loadcell. Sorry & thank you SuperGT for correction.

Last edited:
I guess I will not be racing in Tokyo... I only use T-GT...

That’s weird actually... they develop a wheel exclusively for GTS and then switch to other brand...

We don't know... yet. But @Jordan is currently somewhere over Hudson Bay on his way to find out.

Edit: Nunavut? That's definitely a made-up place...

View attachment 859817
It's the eastern part of what was the Northwest Territories, The Canadians split it in the mid-1990s to give the Inuit (First Nations/Native Americans) their own territory.

I guess I will not be racing in Tokyo... I only use T-GT...

That’s weird actually... they develop a wheel exclusively for GTS and then switch to other brand...
If you back a page scroll up abit you will find that the fanatic is being used due to a change of circumstances unique to this event. They haven't ditched the TGT or a partnership change.

One has to wonder just how much backlash might come of this. You know Thrustmaster pays good money to be the official wheel for Gran Turismo so having their main competitors equipment being showcased at a big event like this especially when Fanatic has not paid a dime for this kinda sponsorship is going to ruffle a few feathers maybe even a lawsuit depending on their contract deal.

I’ve only used the G29 but I read many reviews and I was originally going towards Thustmaster earlier in 2018 but by mid to late 2018 I began to look at Fanatec and I suddenly liked them more. So one day when my G29 and I have had enough, I’ll get something awesome from Fanatec. I like a lot of the cool stuff Thrustmaster have to it’s pretty cool, but Fanatec have some kick ass equipment to. From many reviews Fanatec seem more reliable out of the more expensive wheels which is a big plus for me. Last thing I want is to spend close to 1K then have the wheel stop working.

Mmm... I have that two pedal set of Fanatec with loadcell kit so even in pictures shows only two pedal doesn't mean it has not load cell with it. Maybe they removed that clutch pedal as I did.
This is an option, but if you zoom the pictures enough you will see the PU foam damper for pressure braking for the potentiometer brake pedal.:)

So.. first they create a grosly over priced wheel with features made for GTS, and then they ditch this wheel for another brand. That would be annoying. Something going on between fanatec and sony?
If ain’t got the coins in your pocket then don’t hate on equipment you have not tried or understand. Thank you

Alot of angryness in this thread .. seems like many just read headlines and start hammering on in their keyboard crusades.

Article quite literally states:

"Does this signal a change to Fanatec? Well, according to our sources on the ground, no. This isn’t an official partnership change, just something that, due to circumstance, is unique to this event."

I'm just curious if there will be any major difference in the quality of racing. I hope the drivers/players have enough time to practice with the new equipment and if we will get any feedback from them as to how it compares to Thrustmaster. The benefit, no matter what the partnerships happens to be, would be to have all wheelbases and rims at least act similarly in in races. I am not so concerned about the button mapping as I am about proper force feedback.

One has to wonder just how much backlash might come of this. You know Thrustmaster pays good money to be the official wheel for Gran Turismo so having their main competitors equipment being showcased at a big event like this especially when Fanatic has not paid a dime for this kinda sponsorship is going to ruffle a few feathers maybe even a lawsuit depending on their contract deal.
Mmm, 'has not paid a dime'. :boggled: ;) Maybe they couldn't find enough Thrustmaster wheels in Tokyo, but found it easier to find Fanatec wheels that someone above said is not even sold in Japan.

Hopefully the 'unique circumstances' for using these Fanatec over the Thrustmaster wheels will come to light. I doubt it though. :rolleyes:

I don’t thinks it’s a unique circumstances, i was watching a buddy Instagram page who is part of one 2 team mats that are racing this weekend at the live event, they were all invited to the Tokyo Studio of polyphony Digital and all the rigs there also had fantec wheels and he Also said there is big changes coming to gtsport ????

https://www.facebook.com/TurismoRacingNews/

look at the videos

Hmm I'll just add that we had TGTs on 10 rigs at last year's regional final in Tokyo, but I assume they'll have the budget or connections to put whatever they want on the rigs.

Thrustmaster
Gran Turismo World Tour - Tokyo: Apologies to the GT Competitors

Rennes, October 25, 2019 — Within a context of very intensive use, a rare component failure has occurred on one T-GT racing wheel in Japan this month. Analysis and tests are currently underway. As the full assessments on the part of our services and qualified experts have not yet been completed, out of an abundance of precaution, a decision has been made to wait for the conclusions. Given the proximity to the event of Gran Turismo World in Tokyo and for the first time since the beginning of our adventure with Polyphony, the competition will not be able to take place using the T-GT racing wheel. We extend our sincere apologies to the entire GT community — most of all to the GT competitors who will be taking part in this round of the competition, as well as to the Polyphony organization. Please rest assured that Thrustmaster is giving this issue its full attention and will take all measures it deems appropriate.
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/news/gran-turismo-world-tour-tokyo-apologies-gt-competitors

Last edited:
Thrustmaster:
Gran Turismo World Tour - Tokyo: Apologies to the GT Competitors

Rennes, October 25, 2019 — Within a context of very intensive use, a rare component failure has occurred on one T-GT racing wheel in Japan this month. Analysis and tests are currently underway. As the full assessments on the part of our services and qualified experts have not yet been completed, out of an abundance of precaution, a decision has been made to wait for the conclusions. Given the proximity to the event of Gran Turismo World in Tokyo and for the first time since the beginning of our adventure with Polyphony, the competition will not be able to take place using the T-GT racing wheel. We extend our sincere apologies to the entire GT community — most of all to the GT competitors who will be taking part in this round of the competition, as well as to the Polyphony organization. Please rest assured that Thrustmaster is giving this issue its full attention and will take all measures it deems appropriate.

That clears that up. Tin foil hats can come off and conspiracy theories put to rest :D

Back