Fanatec Replaces Thrustmaster at the GT Sport Tokyo World Tour Event

Yeah I don't know either, that's why I asked. It's possible but I just don't see why it would be when load cells aren't licenced to my knowledge. But as I said many people don't notice it because they press the same each time.

Potentiometers aren't a simple on/off switch either, they're variable.

Edit to reply to you're edit: Is that on PC or PS 4 though, they're different.

I edited my post above a min ago as well. Basically showing that PS4 by licensing the CSL wheel, in effect support load cells for Fanatec as this is a function within the wheel and where calibration is controlled.

Here’s the thing though. You don’t always press the same the first time. It’s track dependent if the first few corners are lighter on the brakes. That would cause a issue if us Fanatec users needed to calibrate like others. The lack of any issues ever points to it not being an issue with Fanatec.

Correct it’s not a on/off BUT it’s very simple to apply full pedal travel as there is very little resistance relative to a load cell.

With AC it was for PS4. I have AC/PCars/GT and never have to calibrate any of them.

Last edited:
I edited my post above a min ago as well. Basically showing that PS4 by licensing the CSL wheel, in effect support load cells for Fanatec as this is a function within the wheel and where calibration is controlled.

Here’s the thing though. You don’t always press the same the first time. It’s track dependent if the first few corners are lighter on the brakes that would cause a issue of us Fanatec users needed to calibrate. The lack of any issues ever points to it not being an issue with Fanatec.

Correct it’s not a on/off BUT it’s very simple to apply full pedal travel as there is very little resistance relative to a load cell.

With AC it was for PS4. I have AC/PCars/GT and never have to calibrate any of them.
I'm unsure about legalities with licencing or how things stand with optional extras but there is this (and Fanatec have been known to be cagey about their wording before):
Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Source: https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

I know you don't press your first press exactly the same, it adjusts to your next harder press (for me) as well until you get to a more constant threshold. I just cut out the the softer presses and go straight for the hard one. It's much the same as pressing a pot based pedal set straight to the end stop.

The part I have trouble comprehending is, can the game differentiate between a pot based Fanatec pedal set and a load cell set, or does it just recognise that it's a Fanatec wheelbase? Kind of like how GT Sport has in-game FFB settings that still apply to your wheelbase no matter what you're on board settings, I wonder if the same applies to the hidden pedal calibration.

I know you have no reason to BS me as I have no reason to BS you, but many people don't know about the hidden things until they've been alerted to them. I've heard different stories from others regarding AC and GT Sport on PS 4 with Fanatec pedals (Sorry I can't provide a source because I spoke to them personally), but as I've said, I don't know either, that's why I asked. I've also spoken to people saying the same as you.

I'm unsure about legalities with licencing or how things stand with optional extras but there is this (and Fanatec have been known to be cagey about their wording before):
Source: https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

I know you don't press your first press exactly the same, it adjusts to your next harder press (for me) as well until you get to a more constant threshold. I just cut out the the softer presses and go straight for the hard one. It's much the same as pressing a pot based pedal set straight to the end stop.

The part I have trouble comprehending is, can the game differentiate between a pot based Fanatec pedal set and a load cell set, or does it just recognise that it's a Fanatec wheelbase? Kind of like how GT Sport has in-game FFB settings that still apply to your wheelbase no matter what you're on board settings, I wonder if the same applies to the hidden pedal calibration.

I know you have no reason to BS me as I have no reason to BS you, but many people don't know about the hidden things until they've been alerted to them. I've heard different stories from others regarding AC and GT Sport on PS 4 with Fanatec pedals (Sorry I can't provide a source because I spoke to them personally), but as I've said, I don't know either, that's why I asked. I've also spoken to people saying the same as you.

For me the brake is linear/perfect right away no matter what I do. Even if I do a warm up lap with low braking.

From what I’ve seen, the only time the Fanatec pedals have the issue, is when they are being used with a non Fanatec wheel. Provided you are using the wheel/pedals there is no issue.

For me the brake is linear/perfect right away no matter what I do. Even if I do a warm up lap with low braking.

From what I’ve seen, the only time the Fanatec pedals have the issue, is when they are being used with a non Fanatec wheel. Provided you are using the wheel/pedals there is no issue.
Fair enough, I'll take your word on it 👍.

One thing I have learnt through all of this is that the likelihood of the DD being used for the GT Sport events is almost zero... it's licensed to F1! :indiff:

Fair enough, I'll take your word on it 👍.

One thing I have learnt through all of this is that the likelihood of the DD being used for the GT Sport events is almost zero... it's licensed to F1! :indiff:
The rim is licensed, not the pedals or the motor. So i think they could make a licensed GTS rim.

Latest Posts

Back