Fanatec Reveals CSL Pedals, Starting at $80

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 42 comments
I'm betting around 169$ for the kit with load cell to undercut the T-LCMs. Then 349$ CSL DD, add a rim for 150-200$, makes the Fanatec ecosystem a lot easier to enter.

I like how it looks like you can just buy the load cell assembly itself and add on to the brake, instead of a whole extra pedal.
Ive never once used my clutch yet so is mostly redundant for me.

I'm betting around 169$ for the kit with load cell to undercut the T-LCMs. Then 349$ CSL DD, add a rim for 150-200$, makes the Fanatec ecosystem a lot easier to enter.

I was thinking that there could be a budget rim on the way too.. say 100-120ish, so 350+80+100 = 530, hence the 500ish comment.

I just got a set of the old ones less than 6 months ago. Yes, I'm kicking myself. LOL

The improvements on the loadcell and the hall effect sensors is worth switching from the old ones to the new ones. But, I will wait and see if they are worth the coin.

If you told me 5 years ago that I could get a DD wheel + load cell pedals for under $700, I'd not have believed it :lol:

My only concern is how exposed the rear end of the pedals are. Over time it would just collect dust/dirt and that can't be good for electronics? :ill: Probably easier to clean than a closed system but still...

Except for the hall senors I think I prefer the CSL Elites I have now.
The stamped metal for the pedals reminds me of the Logitech G pedals, but not the pedal plate and spring setup.

Well I'm glad I held off on getting new pedals till now. Will need to pick these up :)

I will never understand why the other companies almost ignore pedals when they are just as important to the experience.

This is great news. Wish they had this before because the clutch pedal on my V3 is a virgin as I've never used it. If I were to buy this I'd go with the load cell upgrade for the brakes one time though as I could never go back to foam.

This is great news. Wish they had this before because the clutch pedal on my V3 is a virgin as I've never used it. If I were to buy this I'd go with the load cell upgrade for the brakes one time though as I could never go back to foam.
It would have been better if we could just remove the clutch altogether on the V3, and put the brake where the clutch was and make the Fanatec V3 into 2 pedal set, and that would have been better than buying more pedal sets ?.

It would have been better if we could just remove the clutch altogether on the V3, and put the brake where the clutch was and make the Fanatec V3 into 2 pedal set, and that would have been better than buying more pedal sets ?.
True. I've wanted to do that but couldn't figure out how to do it.

I think there is. Believe I saw it mentioned.
I found vid on YouTube but you got to buy some parts I think to do this, if you want to see the vid David just send me a PM.

The Fanatec V3 pedals are not meant to be removed, which is kind of sad because really you should be able to remove a pedals if you don't use it.

I found vid on YouTube but you got to buy some parts I think to do this, if you want to see the vid David just send me a PM.

The Fanatec V3 pedals are not meant to be removed, which is kind of sad because really you should be able to remove a pedals if you don't use it.
Yeah send me the vid to check out. Not sure I want to buy any other parts just to remove it though but will still be good to know.

What I'm wondering is... when the load cell brake pedal is available, if I'm ordering the new CSL 2-Pedals set would I be able to configure the order for the load cell brake to replace the standard foam brake instead so it comes with the accelerator pedal + load cell brake instead of having to pay for the standard accelerator pedal + foam brake + load cell brake.

Has anyone confirmed if the the standard brake pedal can be repurposed as a clutch like on the CSL Elite pedals, or do you have to buy the LC pedal and clutch pedal? It doesn't look like it unless it just feels like the standard brake.

What I'm wondering is... when the load cell brake pedal is available, if I'm ordering the new CSL 2-Pedals set would I be able to configure the order for the load cell brake to replace the standard foam brake instead so it comes with the accelerator pedal + load cell brake instead of having to pay for the standard accelerator pedal + foam brake + load cell brake.
Unfortunately this won't be possible. The standard two-pedal CSL Pedals are always packaged with the standard brake pedal.

Has anyone confirmed if the the standard brake pedal can be repurposed as a clutch like on the CSL Elite pedals, or do you have to buy the LC pedal and clutch pedal? It doesn't look like it unless it just feels like the standard brake.
Yes the standard brake pedal can be repurposed as a clutch pedal. It is explained on the product page. ;)

Back