Fanatec to Increase Prices on Some CSL, ClubSport, and Podium Products This Week

• Thread starter Famine
  • 21 comments
Been eyeing a setup and for some reason felt this morning was the time to hit the purchase button, premonition of what was coming maybe. Will be my first wheel experience outside of Pole Position 30 years ago lol.

DD1, clubsport v3 pedals, the Podium Porsche gt3 wheel, Podium endurance button module and Podium advanced paddles. Guess now I wait for early Christmas.

I guess the GT DD Pro will remain the same then but it does come with CSL pedals.

It's a shame GT7 can't come to PC or Playstation just allow CSL DD, as that is 350 Euro (5nm) and 480 (8nm) euro compared to a 600 euro (8nm) GT base.

The GT 5nm bundle plus load cell would be 840 euro, you can build better using the McLaren GT3, CSL pedals with load cell and CSL DD base for 750 euro.

CSL DD, GT3 wheel and Clubsport V3 pedals is 910 Euro. I'd rather pay that than pay 850 Euro for a 8nm GT DD Pro without load cell or GT DD 5nm with load cell CSL pedals at 840.

The GT DD wheel and pedals leave a lot to be desired like the plastic QR, poor ergonomics with its chunky spoke either side, the F logo is so deeply embossed on the pedals people have complained when using socks. Something better designed using the same plastic would be fine like the F printed on or just use a different texture for the F to stand out if it has to be there. The CSL pedals seem decent at first glance but they also slam against the frame which could and should've been avoided, I'd have to do some fabricating if I bought them. I can understand the materials, I'm not on about that with regards to the rim or pedals, the materials can stay the same but used better and probably use less material for the rim spoke. Only the QR is suspect but perhaps just requires a redesign using the same or similar materials.

I've not upgraded 10+ years as this niche market is so convoluted and now seems Sony this time is behaving more like MS. Look at the nonsense with t500 not working, so glad I didn't buy that when that was the new hotness. Short licenses when really this niche market should be adaptable not some closed garden with many hoops to jump through.

The base seems fantastic but everything around it not compelling, with price increases I hope black Friday can come to the rescue or maybe I can spot a used DD wheel down the line.

Last edited:
I'm getting a Logitech G923. It appears to work mighty fine and dandy in GT7 on the PS5.

2 more days left of the fire sale!

Jerome

Got my order in a few weeks back for the DD Pro Bundle + Upgraded Faceplates. Bought a G923 to tide me over until it ships (April 7). Unfortunate that my T500RS didn't work with GT7 but gives me an excuse to upgrade I guess :-)

I wonder how many companies are increasing prices because they're taking advantage rather than because that need to, at least at this point. Either way the average person has more important price increases to worry about. All the people creating these issues aren't the ones that will be affected by them, they'll just give themselves a pay rise at the expense of yours truly.

Looks like I timed it nicely with my order of a GT DD Pro last Friday.
Same, made what will hopefully be my last upgrade for a few years; now just waiting for the Fanatec Fairy to show up at my door.

Got my order in a few weeks back for the DD Pro Bundle + Upgraded Faceplates. Bought a G923 to tide me over until it ships (April 7). Unfortunate that my T500RS didn't work with GT7 but gives me an excuse to upgrade I guess :-)
Stroooooppppp! I hope you've been well buddy and hope to see you on the track again soon, with your new goodies!

Jerome

Anyone know all the items that went up in price? There was no chance of the new DD bases going up but I was expecting price bumps pretty much across every item. Seems for now just a few wheels/pedals went up. V3 pedals +$100, formula v2.5 wheel +$30, I think the RS wheels is +$50 as well.

CSL DD 8nm went up by 20 euro. Now 500, was 480.

Clubsport V3 pedals have gone up massively from 360 euro to 400.:crazy:

Last edited:
Stroooooppppp! I hope you've been well buddy and hope to see you on the track again soon, with your new goodies!

Jerome
The ghost who walks eh? Look forward to catching up, having just invested about $2K in a Next Level Racing GT Track and CSL DD Pro Premium Bundle wife would shoot me if I didn't get back into it. Looks like the CSL Load Cell just came in stock today at Fanatec so order should be shipping soon, using the G923 right now and not overly fond of the way that one rattles around internally.

Looking forward to seeing WRS start up on GT7.

Back