Fantasy Premier League 2020-21

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 60 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
31 people in the entire player database have Leno, Luiz and Bednarek in their teams....

Taxi for Salah, Robertson, Henderson etc.

trump-fired-gage-skidmore-cc-by-sa.jpg

Last edited:
This is a big double-game week with lots of teams having two matches. If you haven't yet used Triple Captain or Bench Boost, this is the week to use one of them.

This is a big double-game week with lots of teams having two matches. If you haven't yet used Triple Captain or Bench Boost, this is the week to use one of them.

Yes I've been trying for weeks now to get the depth to bench boost at some point but players I've picked won't stop getting injured and it's spreading to players I've had in my team for ages now. :(

:gtplanet::cheers:

Yes I've been trying for weeks now to get the depth to bench boost at some point but players I've picked won't stop getting injured and it's spreading to players I've had in my team for ages now. :(

Yeah, Grealish is my injured player sat on the bench this week still scoring points. Not ideal but hopefully my other benched players make up for this. Only 3/15 of my players have 1 match.

Apparently some guy has created a bot that automatically scans 'insider' accounts (FPL players who work or play for real clubs) for transfers to predict injuries, and apparently it is so accurate that he is picking up on player injuries before they are even publicly announced...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56187365

It's pretty funny/clever, but I can see this back-firing and clubs banning staff and players from fantasy leagues (though I am a bit surprised that they aren't banned from them already)...

Haha, that's genius. Although sadly this probably means the end of Players and Staff at clubs having Fantasy teams because the board and managers are likely to explode at this news and panic ban them to stop leaks like this being inferred in the future.

Well that double week was a disaster. Bench Boost gave me a grand total of 3 points, my captain played twice but didn't score and I still have two injured players now. This is not ideal.

I scored the same number of points as my mate who is hardly playing.

He only had 9 players playing, but he has Kane, Son and Moura and so he had a good week, whereas my team badly under-performed. Foden is getting the heave-ho as we speak.

Well that double week was a disaster. Bench Boost gave me a grand total of 3 points, my captain played twice but didn't score and I still have two injured players now. This is not ideal.

I benched boosted too, got 11 points from that, multiple times this season I've had one player on there score more than that. :lol::embarrassed: At least I captained Son though. 👍

Oh and like most people I brought in Harvey Barnes and he got injured, can't say I was surprised. :guilty:

I've now got the max of 3 Man City players and I'm captaining newly brought in Stones and benching my Man U players, maybe they'll have a chance then but otherwise it's a good fantasy move on paper anyway. City have two games again this week so all the players should play at least once and have a good shot at getting decent points. :D

The only thing that worries me is that my team should get a great number of points this week and it usually doesn't work out like that in Fantasy Football. :nervous:

Made the right call in ditching Robertson, but I kept Salah... his number is almost up too I think.

Liverpool have really lost there way this year - maybe understandable given the pressure to win the league is off, but still...

Liverpool are now join last when it comes to form over the last 5 games... just 3 pts, which is the same as Sheffield Utd, who are bottom of the league.

edit: OK, second last... Brighton have only scored 2 points in the last 5 games, but Liverpool and SU have lost 4/5 apiece.

Last edited:
31 points on my bench. :irked::lol:

I just knew if I played all my Man City players with one captain and benched my Man Utd ones that would happen. Well I tricked you fantasy gods because I'd much rather have a Man U win over a good fantasy week. :D

If someone fancies calling West Ham vs Leeds off today for no reason I won't complain. Either that or Bamford and Antonio go nuts tonight. 👍

Edit, Sorry, stupid internet!

Last edited:
My genius move of the week: Mason Mount and Azpiliceuta in...

... first news I see from the game:

Mason Mount gets a rest after his exertions over the international break

Rage.jpg

Its the last day of the season tomorrow of course means only one round of games left.

Its quite tight at the top.

@ASH32 Team Ash 2169
@redhed17 The Chosen Ones 2073
@88GTA Dollarumma 2066
@Hasnain282 Lund, Sweat & Tears 2051

I can finish 5th 6th or 7th, @Famine is rock bottom!

Its the last day of the season tomorrow of course means only one round of games left.

Its quite tight at the top.

@ASH32 Team Ash 2169
@redhed17 The Chosen Ones 2073
@88GTA Dollarumma 2066
@Hasnain282 Lund, Sweat & Tears 2051

I can finish 5th 6th or 7th, @Famine is rock bottom!
Yeah, I stopped playing very early. I don't even know who's in my team.

I can tell you stopped early as you have Van Dijk who got injured in October and missed the rest of the season!

You also have Sokratis who's contract was mutually terminated by Arsenal in January...

I can tell you stopped early as you have Van Dijk who got injured in October and missed the rest of the season!

You also have Sokratis who's contract was mutually terminated by Arsenal in January...
I gave up a while ago too, think I've had grealish in the center of my team for the whole season and he's been missing since about Christmas.

Needed a minor miracle today to overturn a 27 point gap to the league leader, but it didn't happen :(

That said, I did outscore them by 14, and by my calculations, I will finish 16 points off the lead, but in 3rd place.

The guy in second was 8 points down, and I think he has done enough to win - he saved his bench boost and it looks like it has won him the league.

The top 3 in my league is separated by just 16 points, and I think the top 2 will be separated by just 3 points!

-

edit: My Salah gamble basically cost me the league win :(

Had I left my team exactly as it was, I would have still lost the league but by only 3 points, which would have left our top 3 (and we only had three serious players) finishing within 4 points of each other :wow:

But, my other option was to leave the team as it was but to switch the captaincy from Kane to Mane... and that would have won me the league by 9...

Last edited:
Congratulations to Team Ash for winning the GTPlanet Fantasy Football League. :cheers:

I'm quite happy with my 2nd place in the standard GTPlanet FF league for my first participation. Almost 100 points behind Team Ash shows how much better they were with their team than the rest of us. Definitely did not go down to the wire. :( :rolleyes: :lol:

Congratulations to Dollarumma for winning the GTPlanet H2H League. :cheers:

Not too happy with 6th place in this league. Not nice to be beaten by AVERAGE. :eek: :lol: So must do better next season. ;)

That sounds entirely plausible :lol:

We had one player who gave up months ago, but it was actually quite helpful to have a 'baseline' player in the league - well, I say 'helpful' - it was more an embarrassing reality check when you got outscored by him. Even at one point on Saturday he was the leading scorer in our league, which was pretty humiliating for everyone, but eventually he ended up scoring the least, but only just...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back