Farming Simulator General Discussion

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 317 comments
What's the new Alpine DLC like?

Very good. The map and lighting is spot on and the new machinery is a nice change. Not all huge 400bhp Tractors and 50k litre trailers and wagons. Its more smaller stuff to suit the alpine setting. All incredibly detailed like all Giants stuff.

I just hope better physics when it comes to moving bales, logs, etc.

The terrible log physics are the main reason I've never really messed with logging in FS. On the physics front I really hope they've done work with ground physics so it feels like you are actually doing something to the field besides painting a different texture.

On top of that Courseplay/Follow Me being in the base game and a more realistic crop selling system are my two biggest hopes.

I'm in a minority here, but I think it'd be nice if they expanded on the vanilla skid steer lineup instead it it being just New Holland. Would be a good opportunity for a company like Bobcat to make a debut. The T870 mod for FS19 is a beast.

Hum... the graphics do not seem much better than the 2019 version or it's just me? Specially the trees. The last screenshot on their page in particular doesn't look that impressive and left me worried.

Games like this tend to put a rather low priority on graphics so I'm not too shocked it looks similar to '19. Having said that, it doesn't look like the tires are sinking into the ground at all or even deforming, which makes me worry that the rest of the game also hasn't evolved much since the last release.

I am interested to see what new crops they are bringing to the game though, hopefully it's something like orchards or vineyards that require a completely different type of farming rather than just planting something else but still using the typical methods.

I'm in a minority here, but I think it'd be nice if they expanded on the vanilla skid steer lineup instead it it being just New Holland. Would be a good opportunity for a company like Bobcat to make a debut. The T870 mod for FS19 is a beast.

Whereas there were only 2 JCB skidloaders on FS17. I believe the Bobcat mod was a port of a FS17 mod too. I'm not a big user of the skidloaders but I do like to see more than one Manufacturer for each type of Machine for diversity.

Hopefully Giants get the whole licence for Doosan so we can get Bobcat Skidloaders and Telehandlers and maybe get some Cool Doosan Excavators too. :)👍

Whereas there were only 2 JCB skidloaders on FS17. I believe the Bobcat mod was a port of a FS17 mod too. I'm not a big user of the skidloaders but I do like to see more than one Manufacturer for each type of Machine for diversity.

Hopefully Giants get the whole licence for Doosan so we can get Bobcat Skidloaders and Telehandlers and maybe get some Cool Doosan Excavators too. :)👍
I personally use skid steers for handling manure from cows and loading bales. They're nice to have when you only have a small space to navigate around in.

Last edited:
I personally use skid steers for handling manure from cows and loading bales. They're nice to have when you only have a small space to navigate around in.

Yeah, I do enjoy using them especially the Bobcat mod. Most farms I run though I always tend to have multiple tractors so I always make sure to equip one of those with a frontloader. Normally I get the Lintrac for animal work and bale handling as the 4 wheel steer is great for that.:)👍

On the things that i'd like to see added to FS22?

-Pretty much just adding manufacturers for existing machine types so there's more diversity and choice
-The inclusion of up and coming brands like Landini and Kubota who are really making strides in the industry and becoming more and more popular.
-I really want a huge Volvo wheeloader! :bowdown: :lol:
ZYHUOHL.jpg

Last edited:
Production will be in the base game!

https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsArticle.php?lang=en&country=au&news_id=233

I'm super pumped for this as it will address one of my bigger gripes with FS, the lack of motivation to grow crops that aren't super profitable or used for animals. It's also cool to see the ability to follow a product from the field to the store. I know production has been around for awhile via mods, but as someone that never really went that route I'm interested to try it.

I do have to wonder what else they are hiding for now as well since this seems like a pretty big feature to unveil in a random blog post a month before their big event.

Giants wasn't done unveiling stuff this week as they've also announced the first new map, the U.S. based Elmcreek. It seems like they put much more effort into making the map reflect what it's supposed to compared to Ravenport in FS19. I could see this being my "play on this map until modders do their thing" map.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsArticle.php?lang=en&country=au&news_id=234

news_60c0c4fbf378d.jpg

Also unveiled was the collectors edition, which features an integrated beacon light! :dopey:

news_60bf51f123852.jpg

Last edited:
Giants wasn't done unveiling stuff this week as they've also announced the first new map, the U.S. based Elmcreek. It seems like they put much more effort into making the map reflect what it's supposed to compared to Ravenport in FS19. I could see this being my "play on this map until modders do their thing" map.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsArticle.php?lang=en&country=au&news_id=234

news_60c0c4fbf378d.jpg

Also unveiled was the collectors edition, which features an integrated beacon light! 🥴

news_60bf51f123852.jpg
That american map looks like a mod map just looking at that one screenshot 😮

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sweet, grapes and olives and you can process them further? So I'm hoping that means you can make olive oil or run a vineyard.

Speaking of mods, it will be interesting to see what the map makers do this time around since there is more incentive to do more than simply refreshing maps from FS17 like a majority of the ones on FS19's modhub seemed to be. Hopefully they've also made the PC version a little more capable of handling 4X maps.

Maps aside it will be interesting to see what Giant's allows on the modhub as I'd imagine alcohol production will be a popular mod. I know they can't include it in the base game and keep their "Everybody" rating but DLC/mod content doesn't fall under their jurisdiction.

Really nice to see sorghum getting added since my grandpa used to grow sorghum and then make bales out of it.

The first day of FarmCon didn't have too much worth mentioning, but today they've shown quite a bit of gameplay.

Production overview.

And 2 videos just going over the various changes, I'm really liking how they've gone into more detail about what individual tools do instead of them just triggering the next phase in the process.

Last edited:
The new production chain is going to be cool. It works OK with mods at the moment, but something a little more official will certainly be welcomed.

The new build mode looks very nice compared to what we've had before. I do wonder how easy it will be to use on consoles though where you likely don't have the benefit of a mouse.

I am disappointed we didn't see anything about changes to the A.I. helpers though, it makes me think they will pretty much be what we've been stuck with in prior games as far as the base game goes. Surely Follow Me and the basic features of Course Play can't be that tough to implement considering modders have done it 2 games in a row (possibly even longer). Than again some of the screens do show a prompt for an A.I. menu so I guess there's hope they just held back that info for a later date.

Last edited:
My biggest gripe with placement of objects was that you have to be like 15ft off of another object. It looks like this distance has decreased with fencing, but I'd like to have seen them get a little closer with buildings to see if it would prevent placement.

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of buying a Farming Simulator game for PS4. It'll be my first one so I want to buy a good one. Any recommendations? And do you actually drive the machines while seeding, combining etc?

Thanks

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of buying a Farming Simulator game for PS4. It'll be my first one so I want to buy a good one. Any recommendations?
I would go with FS19 as it should be fairly cheap by now, especially if you wait for a sale, and it has a full slate of available mods even on console.
And do you actually drive the machines while seeding, combining etc?

Thanks
Yes, although if you don't want to you can hire a worker.

FS22 will have cross-platform multi-player! :D

I feel bad for the people playing on Stadia though since the fact they can't use mods at all pretty much makes this feature pointless for them.

Back