Farming Simulator General Discussion

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 317 comments
The mod contest starts today (on PC at least)!!!

I haven't been able to check any out yet, but it seems there are some pretty good ones (lots of classic machinery, which is awesome).

Edit: some 4X maps as well, one of which is Canadian.

Pleasant Valley is my early favorite. It adds quite a few new crops as well as mining.

Last edited:
Hi folks. I've been tempted to try this game for a while and today I finally bit the bullet. I have it on PS4 Pro and I'm already stuck. I'm attempting the first tutorial but I have no idea how to fill my sower. Any help welcome.

Hi folks. I've been tempted to try this game for a while and today I finally bit the bullet. I have it on PS4 Pro and I'm already stuck. I'm attempting the first tutorial but I have no idea how to fill my sower. Any help welcome.
You just have to get the planter close enough to the seed/fertilizer pallet and you'll get a prompt to refill your sower 👍

The John Deere pack is cool and everything, but the main course comes the next day!

Seasons was the one big thing missing from the game, so I'm happy to see it's not far off.

Is this going to be a mod only (as in optional) or is becoming a part of the base game. I mean it looks cool, and lots of cool features just a bit worried it will take away the casual side of the game, which is what I enjoy most.

Also another question, someone above mentioned a mod map that is 4x .... What does the 4x actually mean ?

Is this going to be a mod only (as in optional) or is becoming a part of the base game. I mean it looks cool, and lots of cool features just a bit worried it will take away the casual side of the game, which is what I enjoy most.

It will be a mod and if it's similar to how it was in FS17 even with it enabled you can toggle certain things on/off.

Also another question, someone above mentioned a mod map that is 4x .... What does the 4x actually mean ?

It's twice as big as the normal map size. There are even bigger ones out there, but once you get past 4X it becomes to much of a chore to get anywhere in my opinion.

It's twice as big as the normal map size. There are even bigger ones out there, but once you get past 4X it becomes to much of a chore to get anywhere in my opinion.

I've seen a few 8X and 16X maps out there and they take a toll on your hard drive if it isn't fast enough.

@Northstar and @Cowboy
Thanks 👍

I was secretly hoping 4x meant 4x the money paid out, or 4x the crop output :lol:.
As a single player I dont think I need any bigger maps... But some nice flat maps with wide roads would be good, I'm too cheap to buy a header trailer, so rocking down the road taking everyone out with my harvester with header attached is funny but frustrating at the same time.

As a single player I dont think I need any bigger maps...

For the most part I stick to the regular size maps as well (some don't even use that much). But some of the 4X maps are quite nice, I recommend Pleasant Valley if you're on PC. While it is 4X, a good chunk is mountain where you can "mine" a few different minerals along with a rather large amount of crops. The field sizes have a pretty good variety as well.

It also helps to if you are using Course Play and Follow Me.

I'm too cheap to buy a header trailer, so rocking down the road taking everyone out with my harvester with header attached is funny but frustrating at the same time.

The bigger Rostselmash and the tracked Case and New Holland combines have built in header trailers. I usually stick to one of those 3 once I get past the "header is barely wider than the harvester" tier of combines. :lol:

Edit: Also, I forgot that headers will attach to any combine. So if you don't care about matching you could buy one of the headers with wheels and use it one any combine with enough power.

Last edited:
Thanks @Northstar
Yeah I'm on PC, will have look at Pleasant Valley, I am keen to maybe start a new map.
One thing I noticed playing the official ones is there seems to be only one with heaps of different selling points, the ones with like single selling points (to me) seem a bit boring...I dont know maybe its a single player thing, just seems like its more interesting seeing where will offer you more $.

I did kind of negate the harvester/header problem by setting up my farm right next door to the shop... I kinda had too after I got completely stuck one day :lol: (I should've taken a photo, it was funny as, traffic backed up for miles, and me wedged between trees, cars and landscape)

I dont know maybe its a single player thing, just seems like its more interesting seeing where will offer you more $.

I feel the same way, the only time I could see being fine with 1 sell point is if you are doing a farm that is strictly livestock.

Welp. It started to rain in game and all my workers quit. Anyone else feel like Farming Sim 19 is a bit of a downgrade from 17? Let's hope 21 gets some help from the PS5/Scarlet

Welp. It started to rain in game and all my workers quit. Anyone else feel like Farming Sim 19 is a bit of a downgrade from 17? Let's hope 21 gets some help from the PS5/Scarlet
Your workers automatically quit when it starts raining because the conditions aren't favorable for farming. If you tried harvesting in real life during rain, you'd plug up the header due to the wet crop, or if you were planting/cultivating, you'd bury your tractor in the mud ;)

I feel like that's an unnecessary bit of realism. I mean, while it's raining, you pretty much have to wait. Which, if you're growing crops is something you already have to do, but if you're in the middle of harvesting it's just...time to brew tea or something. Apparently, though I guess you could just sleep it out.

I feel like that's an unnecessary bit of realism. I mean, while it's raining, you pretty much have to wait. Which, if you're growing crops is something you already have to do, but if you're in the middle of harvesting it's just...time to brew tea or something. Apparently, though I guess you could just sleep it out.

The rain is annoying since it seems to always happen at the worst times. I usually just turn the timescale to 120x for about 5 minutes until it's done :lol:

Some people have already got their hands on seasons, here is a good look at the basics of it. It seems like there are some very nice changes compared to how it was set up in FS17. Also, the way horses work has been completely changed.

And on a side note, this is my new favorite tractor.

claas.png

I wish the game had better crop textures as that's the only thing preventing this from being my new wallpaper.

Some people have already got their hands on seasons, here is a good look at the basics of it. It seems like there are some very nice changes compared to how it was set up in FS17. Also, the way horses work has been completely changed.

And on a side note, this is my new favorite tractor.

View attachment 837355

I wish the game had better crop textures as that's the only thing preventing this from being my new wallpaper.

There's a few crop texture mods I've seen out there that look good. I have a grass texture mod that looks a lot better than what's in the base game :)

Screenshot_6.png

I got a few questions on this game...
Can you use a wheel for the tractors or is this game better suited for a controller?

The Gold edition with the season pass is on sale on PS store for $60.
It’s been a while since I’ve had to deal with season passes, does that include all DLC and online features, or is the online part of PS+?

Thanks in advance!

I got a few questions on this game...
Can you use a wheel for the tractors or is this game better suited for a controller?

The Gold edition with the season pass is on sale on PS store for $60.
It’s been a while since I’ve had to deal with season passes, does that include all DLC and online features, or is the online part of PS+?

Thanks in advance!
The game does work with a wheel, though there's no force feedback. Personally, I much prefer a controller.

The gold edition I think includes all DLC though I'm not sure of the extent of online features.

The game does work with a wheel, though there's no force feedback. Personally, I much prefer a controller.

The gold edition I think includes all DLC though I'm not sure of the extent of online features.

Cool thanks for the quick response!
I think I may have to get it! Last farming sim I played was on Mobile back in ‘13.
I agree, no need to play on a wheel if no FFB.

My internet started working and it shows that the season pass includes all current and future DLC.

I’m gonna pull the trigger!

CLAAS is coming!

I'm sure the 35+ part includes every little thing, but it's still a pretty nice number. Hopefully if they are including a new crop it's something more enjoyable than the sugar cane we got in FS17's Platinum DLC.

I don't have very much of a knowledge concerning Claas apart from their haying equipment being pretty cool. They've taken over a local Challenger brand dealership this year so I guess there must be an increasing demand for them around here.

I did see a Fendt tractor mowing alongside the interstate last week, had no idea they were even sold in the US :confused:

I don't have very much of a knowledge concerning Claas apart from their haying equipment being pretty cool.

I didn't either until I started my Oakfield farm and wanted to use something different. It will be interesting to see what all comes to the game and how they compare to the already existing mod versions.

I did see a Fendt tractor mowing alongside the interstate last week, had no idea they were even sold in the US :confused:

They are, but I can't say I've ever seen one outside of internet listings.
https://www.butlermachinery.com/used-equipment/tractors/

Back