Farming Simulator General Discussion

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 317 comments
Someone released a completely flat, mostly blank map* on the mod hub and it's actually not a bad idea. I don't see myself doing anything serious on it (although I'm sure a few people will make awesome maps with the in-game tools), but it seems like an ideal test map.

*The only things already there are the required store, livestock trader, gas station and various sell points.

Not exactly FS related, but if anyone is looking for a good farming YouTube channel out there I would highly recommend MN Millennial Farmer. He's a farmer from west central Minnesota who does a lot of vlogs on the farm work he does, and it's not clickbait.

He announced a while back that his farm would be released in the official modhub at some point soon which would be very fun :)

Not exactly FS related, but if anyone is looking for a good farming YouTube channel out there I would highly recommend MN Millennial Farmer. He's a farmer from west central Minnesota who does a lot of vlogs on the farm work he does, and it's not clickbait.

He announced a while back that his farm would be released in the official modhub at some point soon which would be very fun :)

I've been watching him for about a year now and really enjoy his channel. Both him and the Welker's do a great job of being entertaining and informative.

Contents of the Platinum Edition have been revealed.

Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-59-57.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-59-27.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-59-21.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-59-10.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-59-02.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-58-55.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-58-41.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-58-37.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-58-32.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-58-26.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-58-22.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-58-04.png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-57-52.png

i like watching bigtrackterpower

Not sure if anyone else here does a lot of haying activities, but there is a way to increase the height of the grass in the game. It's as simple as editing a text file in the game's file location (not gonna go into detail due to AUP restrictions). You can make it as short or tall as you wish though be warned, increasing the height too much will cause fps drops.

Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (34).png

i hope they put hemp in the game . i could grow it endlessly .
I believe there is hemp on the Pleasant Valley map, as well as many other additional custom crops. I think that map is PC only however.

I believe there is hemp on the Pleasant Valley map, as well as many other additional custom crops. I think that map is PC only however.
ok good to know , i plan on getting new pc at some point . if i cant get it on console

An Oregon geo was also released today if you are using seasons.

Also, today they released the fact sheets for two of my most anticipated additions from the CLAAS pack.

First is the smaller combine, which I love since all the mods I've found have been from the larger Lexion series.

4NpAp2ku.jpg

And the second is the Xerion, which is one of my favorite tractors. It's already available as a mod, but I'm looking forwards to seeing how the official version looks in comparison.

93SYqk5A.jpg

Platinum Expansion got released yesterday. Anyone here had the chance to mess around with it yet?

Platinum Expansion got released yesterday. Anyone here had the chance to mess around with it yet?

Yes, the equipment is much more detailed than most of the CLAAS mods I've found over time (plus I love the smaller new combine). If you're thinking of doing a CLAAS themed farm I would say go for it, but if you're not going to do a whole farm based on it I would probably pass since it doesn't add anything else.

Last edited:
They have also announced that this year’s Farm-Con will be at Deutz-Fahr Arena. It will be interesting to see what they have in store since they supposedly aren’t releasing a new game this year (which is a good thing).

On PS4, I can't figure out how to get the South Carolina map to show up. I installed Seasons, and SC, and while Seasons will run, I'm not seeing how to get the SC map to show up.
Tried searching online, but not seeing anything for consoles.

8 should do, or if there were a way to make the Thrustmaster hand brake a High and Low lever that would be pretty cool.

You can use your G29 but I think @Cowboy mentioned it doesn’t have FFB?
So it will feel like playing Need For Speed in the old arcades? I can dig it. Literally :lol: I'll see myself out.

So it will feel like playing Need For Speed in the old arcades? I can dig it. Literally :lol: I'll see myself out.
:lol: I would imagine. I use a DS4, kind of used the game to take breaks between racing on the wheel and “to go back home,” when I’m out on the road. :cheers:
Enjoy it, it’s a fun game.

Back