Farming Simulator General Discussion

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 317 comments
@DVNTST8 ... Borrow/Lease same thing, you'll pick up from the shop.
Sorry been a long time since I've done any missions like that...I think if you hit that Borrow button your equipment will be waiting for you at the shop ?

@DVNTST8 ... Borrow/Lease same thing, you'll pick up from the shop.
Sorry been a long time since I've done any missions like that...I think if you hit that Borrow button your equipment will be waiting for you at the shop ?

That's where I thought I screwed up the last time, as I didn't get any progress for leasing the equipment then fertilizing dudes field.

HOWEVER, NOSHOG!!!!! Great advice, I looked at the store, and equipment was waiting....let's see how this goes now.

Thank you, again.

All good @DVNTST8.
As I said its been a while since I've done missions.... But from memory when I was doing a fertilizing one when I first started playing, the map was showing I had done it all but I didn't get any rewards ?? I didnt know what I had done wrong, turned the machine on again and it suddenly registered as complete, got my pop up box and money and I was happy.

There is definitely a few tricks to this game that take a little while to get the hang of. You'll get there. Its a surprisingly enjoyable and addictive game...I have put too many hours in to this now.

2 great early base game buys are the 1978 Lizard pickup, and the Manitou Forklift under miscellaneous vehicles. If you are planting or weeding/fertilizing nothing sucks worse than having to drive all the way back to the store. Load a few pallets of whatever you need on the truck with the forklift, and it's much higher speed will save you tons of downtime. Just remember to strap the pallets down, and take it easy on the curves, it gets pretty top heavy loaded down.

I bought field 21, with cotton sprouts, just showing....did two harvesting canola contracts in one day, not much but its $$, now harvesting field 8/cotton...but MY cotton is now wilted...that was quick...anything I can do? Since I'm under contract to harvest cotton, I have the tools....:)

I bought field 21, with cotton sprouts, just showing....did two harvesting canola contracts in one day, not much but its $$, now harvesting field 8/cotton...but MY cotton is now wilted...that was quick...anything I can do? Since I'm under contract to harvest cotton, I have the tools....:)
Not really much you can do besides tilling over the wilted crop and replanting it.

@DVNTST8 Make sure you adjust the time in settings, if you plugging away on one job when timing is set to 5x or whatever, things can go wrong pretty quickly.

As above, change the time to real time, another thing you can do is turn off crop withering in the settings.

I like cotton, you can leave the helpers alone and they will dump the full bales without you having to intervene. The harvesters are expensive though. Potatoes and sugar beet are 2 crops I refuse to mess with anymore, too much time and money required for too little profit.

Last edited:
Harvested soybeans on a contract. Took them to central elevator instead of the ranch....DOH

If you're looking for a laid back type of approach to the game, i'd recommend trying out haying. I do it from time to time and it's a really good time killer. The Woodshire map is a pretty good base starting point for that kind of business.

Screenshot (273).png

First time haying 'online'....lol....they gave me the Valtra (borrowed equipment) and a whole bunch of newfangled equipment, instead of stuff that looks familiar (JD, towing rake, etc...)

Of course, it also rains...:D

Picked up the Platinum Expansion and the Bourgault dlc for just over $20 combined yesterday thanks to the Steam summer sale.

Picked up the Platinum Expansion and the Bourgault dlc for just over $20 combined yesterday thanks to the Steam summer sale.

I bought the season pass on PSN because since it was free, I really enjoyed the game and wanted to support them. It's nice to have but almost everything is available through mods otherwise..

I bought the season pass straightaway after discovering what a brilliant game it was when it came with ps+. Now ive switched to PC i never got to try out the Kverneland and Vicon pack and have to buy it all again :lol:. Luckily i got the Platinum edition in the steam sale so it wasnt too bad. Ill just add the DLC everynow and then. All worth it or unlimited slots and a usable framerate:)

Been unbearable while ive been waiting for my PC all the cool looking mods ive seen drop like the 2020 John Deere's and the 2020 Case that dropped the other day. Cant wait to get back into it.

I bought the season pass straightaway after discovering what a brilliant game it was when it came with ps+. Now ive switched to PC i never got to try out the Kverneland and Vicon pack and have to buy it all again :lol:. Luckily i got the Platinum edition in the steam sale so it wasnt too bad. Ill just add the DLC everynow and then. All worth it or unlimited slots and a usable framerate:)

Been unbearable while ive been waiting for my PC all the cool looking mods ive seen drop like the 2020 John Deere's and the 2020 Case that dropped the other day. Cant wait to get back into it.
Welcome to the dark side :)

I have signed up for a contract for harvesting sugar beets.

I got the semi and trailer to the field, had the harvester there, but I am having issues with what's going on with the other two implements.

K, I got the harvester and the header hooked up, finally, and just drove to the field without the trailer...oh well, thanks for wanting to help.

Last edited:
K, I got the harvester and the header hooked up, finally, and just drove to the field without the trailer...oh well, thanks for wanting to help.

Were you just having issues getting it to attach to the header trailer? For future reference you need to load it from on a certain side (IIRC it's usually from the left side) and depending on how big of a pain the game is being you may have to toggle your selected piece of equipment to the header itself.

In all honesty though header trailers in this game are not worth the hassle, I usually just turn traffic off and transport it attached to the harvester. There's also modded versions of the 2 regular headers that have built-in wheels which you can paint to match any of the manufacturers, these come in handy on smaller maps with narrow roads.

Were you just having issues getting it to attach to the header trailer? For future reference you need to load it from on a certain side (IIRC it's usually from the left side) and depending on how big of a pain the game is being you may have to toggle your selected piece of equipment to the header itself.

In all honesty though header trailers in this game are not worth the hassle, I usually just turn traffic off and transport it attached to the harvester. There's also modded versions of the 2 regular headers that have built-in wheels which you can paint to match any of the manufacturers, these come in handy on smaller maps with narrow roads.

I think I was a little confused because it was the first header that wasn't pre-loaded onto the trailer, but once I got it hooked onto the harvester, I just drove to the field, don't know how many cars went around...don't care. Got it done, eventually.

Some Header trailers can be a bit of a pain. Thats why i almost always use Harvesters with a dedicated trailer made for the model. Most of the base game and most popular mod Harvester/Headers come with their own compatible header trailers. Just go to the lower side of the trailer and drop it on and the header will snap securely to the trailer.

Another thing I am finding irritating is that you can't toggle the lights on a vehicle until 9pm....when you need them around 8pm.

Another thing I am finding irritating is that you can't toggle the lights on a vehicle until 9pm....when you need them around 8pm.

You can do this anytime you want. On keyboard i think its F. On controller its R1/RB & Circle/B and for the Beacons its R1/RB and up on the D-pad.

Anyway, Started my first playthrough on PC last night. I went with Sandy Bay. Got my game all up to date with all the mods i wanted.:) So nice to have unlimited space for mods and no slot counts after having my enjoyment of the PS4 version strangled by those limitations.

So useful having access to the follow me mod so i can have AI baling behind me as im dropping swathes down or just follow me back from the dealership saving having to make two trips:tup:. Just remembered about horse helper too. Actually makes investing in horses worthwhile and not a complete grind. Have to remember to install that later.

Anyone else doing a playthrough? If so what map and what are you up to?

Last edited:
So useful having access to the follow me mod so i can have AI baling behind me as im dropping swathes down or just follow me back from the dealership saving having to make two trips:tup:. Just remembered about horse helper too. Actually makes investing in horses worthwhile and not a complete grind. Have to remember to install that later.

I love the follow me mod. I mainly use it when I'm doing any kind of forage harvesting so I can have a trailer follow me.

Currently I'm doing a lot of haying/grass silage. Nice change of pace from the traditional digging, planting, and harvesting :)

I love the follow me mod. I mainly use it when I'm doing any kind of forage harvesting so I can have a trailer follow me.

Currently I'm doing a lot of haying/grass silage. Nice change of pace from the traditional digging, planting, and harvesting :)

I enjoy doing quite a bit of grass work also, Pretty much what I am doing at the moment actually. Filling the clamp and doing a lot of baling ready so I can go and pick up some Cows.:)👍

Edit.
First Load of hay bales loaded, About another load to do :)👍 Great setup, JCB is nice and quick to zip around the field picking up the bales. The new gooseneck bale trailer is so nice to load, And who doesn't like the agritruck?:lol:

7RbuqYN.png

Last edited:
Alpine Farming expansion is coming November 12th, with a new map too!

https://farming-simulator.com/newsA...H6DWYsITT67YsS3XiVFtYrFS6tj8A6rJFzAT8V5jvVr2w

I haven't been all that thrilled with what Giants has brought to the table DLC wise, but there's some rather interesting looking equipment there. The map will be worth a look but I doubt it will be much compared to what's available via mods.

So nice to have unlimited space for mods and no slot counts after having my enjoyment of the PS4 version strangled by those limitations.

The ability to have scripts in mods also makes an insane difference.

So useful having access to the follow me mod so i can have AI baling behind me as im dropping swathes down or just follow me back from the dealership saving having to make two trips:tup:.

If you haven't tried it yet Courseplay is a mod I highly recommend. It can take a little time to set up but once you do it makes the AI far more useful, especially when harvesting and selling crops.

Currently I have a cow and sheep farm on Sandy Bay using older equipment and will be starting a pig farm on lone oak.

If you haven't tried it yet Courseplay is a mod I highly recommend. It can take a little time to set up but once you do it makes the AI far more useful, especially when harvesting and selling crops.

Absolutely, I will look into that. I have seen that used on youtube, It looks great:tup:

Edit#1: Courseplay all installed ready for when I get on later:)👍

I have since uninstalled the Guidance Steering mod as now I have Courseplay its not needed. I Also installed the Hud Toggle mod so I can minimize the control help box and HUD elements when I'm driving or taking screenshots so it doesn't take up half the screen:lol:

Edit#2 Oh boy. Great new mod hit the Modhub Yesterday. BigX 1180 with crawler Tracks!:bowdown:
VvdmsNc.png

And I've always been disappointed that the Fendt Rogator isn't in the game anymore so I went searching and found someone had modded the one from FS17 into 19! :D

CnD9U75.png

Such a good looking machine:drool:

Anyone got any favourite must have mods that arent on the Modhub?

so far i've installed the Rogator, Iveco S-Way Truck and a Brilliant Scania Truck pack.

Last edited:
Haven't played for a while as I've been waiting for the Alpine DLC to drop. Currently waiting patiently for my Key pre-order to come through. Looking forward to getting back into FS19 and catching up on all the mods I've missed the last few months.

Anyone else playing? Or interested in the new expansion?

Last edited:
Haven't played for a while as I've been waiting for the Alpine DLC to drop. Currently waiting patiently for my Key pre-order to come through. Looking forward to getting back into FS19 and catching up on all the mods I've missed the last few months.

Anyone else playing? Or interested in the new expansion?

I've been "hard" at work on my Woodshire and Lone Oak savegames. One of the better mod packs you've missed in the last few months is the new John Deere large series tractors including the new 8RX.

I am interested in this new expansion, though I'll probably wait for a discount before purchasing it.

They've released a free DLC that introduces soil health as well as seemingly implementing GPS to some extent.

Not sure if it works with all maps or just Giants ones, but it's still nice to see them evolving the game. I look forward to trying it out but likely won't be until I've spent some time with Cyberpunk 2077.

Back