Fast & Furious Crossroads First Gameplay Trailer Revealed, Due August 7

So I came across a video by LP-RIPPER24 (I know, I know...) that clued me into the existence of a multiplayer car list for F&F Crossroads. Each faction (Heroes, Villains and Cops) has their own list of cars to choose from. You can find the list on the multiplayer section of the website, but here's the new cars I identified:

W Motors Lykan Hypersport
BMW M235i Gran Coupe
Devel Sixteen(!)
Jaguar XJ220 S
BMW M3 E30
Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R C10
Ford F-150 Police Responder (police car)
Dodge Charger Pursuit (police car)
Mercedes-AMG GT R (police car)
Porsche 918 Spyder (police car)
Renault Megane IV R.S. (police car)

If anyone is mad brave enough to get this game at release, it does come with a sizeable day one patch... 38.5GB to be exact. :crazy:

I don't think madness or bravery is a requirement for the game. Its not for you and thats fine hmbut the recent gameplay actually looks like a lot of fun and there's definitely an appeal to an action racing game.

There’s been a big event today for this game. Here’s a video they’ve shown.

I caught a glimpse of the event on Yianni's snapchat (Also visible on their Instagram story) - It was like a Drive-in cinema but the car park was full of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and other high-end cars.

Soooo, there’s more gameplay of the game on Youtube. The driving looks quite hard, but might be fun when we’re used to it. The biggest problem for me is that I am getting some motion sickness from the only (!!!) camera view available.

the driving looks decent but I must say the missions looks annoying, I never like it when NFS did these scripted missions but this whole game seem to build around it.

I have seen this on steam going for a crazy £50($60 US) price! Only 2 English reviews and both were negative, someone in the discussion section said the game is less than 5 hours long including a lot of cutscenes.

Confidence in this game must be really low since its now out with literally zero fanfare

I’ve just bought Fast & Furious Crossroads and I’m just about done with the install. Feel free to ask me anything, including about my mental state...

Watching a live stream. This game is so terrible it's almost good. Absolutely hilarious. Over the top situations. If only it wasn't 60 EUR for 4 hours (including cutscenes). :lol:

EDIT: ROFLMAO, the guy on the stream can't fill a multiplayer game because not enough players. On launchday, wahahahahahah! :lol:

Watching a live stream. This game is so terrible it's almost good. Absolutely hilarious. Over the top situations. If only it wasn't 60 EUR for 4 hours (including cutscenes). :lol:

EDIT: ROFLMAO, the guy on the stream can't fill a multiplayer game because not enough players. On launchday, wahahahahahah! :lol:

Its the Kuru stream isnt it? :lol:

Well, that’s weird. :confused:

Multiplayer doesn’t look fun from what I’ve seen. :crazy: Not for me.

Totally worth it if it's on sale. It's probably gonna be one of those cult games that can't stop being talked about on niche game Youtube videos.

Not 60 USD though. Yikes.

Totally worth it if it's on sale.
This is also my take. Racing and the mechanics to those 'boss-fights' appear to be pretty solid and lots of fun. Graphics are meh, hard to tell why this game is 80GB. There's also too little content for the price.

Totally worth it if it's on sale. It's probably gonna be one of those cult games that can't stop being talked about on niche game Youtube videos.

Not 60 USD though. Yikes.

This is also my take. Racing and the mechanics to those 'boss-fights' appear to be pretty solid and lots of fun. Graphics are meh, hard to tell why this game is 80GB. There's also too little content for the price.

I agree with you both. The graphics are... not brilliant, and the story is pretty short, but I grew to like the handling model and the missions (though scripted) did impress with their ability to make me feel like an action hero. That sums up how I feel: it works best if you approach it as an interactive action movie and adjust your expectations accordingly. If you're expecting Driveclub graphics, Assetto Corsa physics and Underground 2-like car customization and focus on street racing, you're going to be disappointed. As for the price... yeah, it's pretty steep. I'd say wait for a sale if this sounds like your cup of tea.

I agree with you both. The graphics are... not brilliant, and the story is pretty short, but I grew to like the handling model and the missions (though scripted) did impress with their ability to make me feel like an action hero. That sums up how I feel: it works best if you approach it as an interactive action movie and adjust your expectations accordingly. If you're expecting Driveclub graphics, Assetto Corsa physics and Underground 2-like car customization and focus on street racing, you're going to be disappointed. As for the price... yeah, it's pretty steep. I'd say wait for a sale if this sounds like your cup of tea.

How are multiplayer numbers holding up?

One thing I will say is that in the missions where you can swap between characters, it happens very smooth and very quick. You know how in GTA 5, there's about a second or two of delay when you switch characters in a mission? Here, the swap is near-instant, and I found it so much fun to quickly swap characters. For example, I would get a character close to the target, activate an EMP to shut down the target's defenses, then rapidly switch to another character to use their offensive weaponry.

I’ve been playing a bit more today. Did a couple of multiplayer matches, then started to get the single-player trophies I missed. I’m now on “The House Always Wins,” where you have to win the Double or Nothing street race. The trouble is, the AI opponents rubberband HARD. I mean, I think NFS Underground veterans would get flashbacks at how these opponents flash past, and the rubberbanding only ever seems to work one way. No matter how hard I try, I just cannot seem to get higher than third before the end of the race.

Back