favorite drummer and best drummerMusic 

• Thread starter Bam
  • 171 comments

Bam

who is your favorite drummer and who do you think is the best drummer, or a really good drummer?
i've got to say that Brain of Primus is my favorite, and i think he is one of the best drummers as well.

I vote Dave Grohl. He's kept his drumming skills up, as he proved on his work with Queens Of The Stone Age. Proof? Check the last two minutes of track 4.

Originally posted by CrackHoor
I vote Dave Grohl. He's kept his drumming skills up, as he proved on his work with Queens Of The Stone Age. Proof? Check the last two minutes of track 4.

Definetly Dave Grohl. His work with Nirvana and the Foo Fighters has always been awesome. I think Foo Fighters latest album is the only one where he hasn't done anything with the drums. And Queen of the Stone Age he is simply amazing.

Travis Barker of Blink is awesome as well, Blink 182 just isn't my favorite band though.

And definetly Rick Allen is simply amazing how he lost one arm and still continues to drum :eek:

Favorite = TOOL guy (no clue of the name)

Best Living = Neil Peart

Best Dead = John Bonam (sp?)

Pardon my lack of information,... I only listen,... I don't get caught up in names and personalities.

Only 2 drummers names I know :lol:

Roger Taylor
Phil Collins
music-smiley-009.gif

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Neil Peart is my favorite and I think he might be the best.

Edit: I should really learn to spell Peart.

P-E-A-R-T. Got it.

I would have to agree with Klos on this 100%... He is, IMOH, the best drummer I've ever had the pleasure to be exposed to.

Favorite drummer:John Bonham(Led Zeppelin)
Best drummer:John Bonham(Led Zeppelin)

He died in 1981 I beleive from an overdose of alchohol.

There are some good drummers out there who can really....drum. I only know the names of two though. Christoph Schneider (you get a prize if you tell me where he's from) and Kevin Warren. Now Kevin isn't your typical multi millionaire drummer made famous world wide. As a matter of fact, he's supposed to graduate this June from High School. I went to school with him for a few years and holy hell can this kid drum.Seriously, people say things come to people like second nature but he brings a whole new meaning to second nature.

Originally posted by Tank
Favorite drummer:John Bonham(Led Zeppelin)
Best drummer:John Bonham(Led Zeppelin)

He died in 1981 I beleive from an overdose of alchohol.

he said it. there is no more. Bonham is and will be THE drummer. he died in an autmobile accident man.

Cano

well, also phil collins. really. other guy that is sometimes very good is matt cameron, from pearl jam.

Joey Jordison (Slipknot)

If anyone ever heard one of his drum solos,im thinking hes the best...

download a drum solo from kazaa youll know what im talking about ;)

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Neil Peart is my favorite and I think he might be the best.

Edit: I should really learn to spell Peart.

P-E-A-R-T. Got it.
Neil Peart, Yes and Yes to answer the questions.

Originally posted by DessViperV-10
Joey Jordison (Slipknot)

If anyone ever heard one of his drum solos,im thinking hes the best...

download a drum solo from kazaa youll know what im talking about ;)

You can't judge any musician by a solo. Especially a drummer.

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
i reckon Rick Allen (Def Leppard) deserves a mention here as well

Yeah.

My favorite drummer has to be Neil Peart.

I really like Dana Carvey's drum work during that one year's MTV Video Music Awards when he was playing with U-2 on Zoo TV.

I am not jusging by his solo,i am just suggesting you guys liten to his solo,he is good,and yes joey has good timing...

Oh yea,dana carvy is good too ;)

Latest Posts

Back