Favorite Engine/Car Layout

• Thread starter jrm1493
  • 3 comments
I was just wondering what everyone's favorite car layout its... so far all i have is that 80's toyota sprinter (not positive that thats the name - it looks like an early 80's celica to me) with a stage1 turbo, chip, and exhaust (i've only been playing for like an hour.... i cant wait to get into the game this weekend).

Personally, i like FR cars, i like the ability to steer with the throttle (after i've turned off ASC and turned TCS way down), and it seems even easier with the analog throttle in GT3.  I've always been a fan of FR cars in games and in real life, i think they're the most stable and balanced layout in cars... 4wd is nice too, but not at the expense of the extra weight.  FR cars allow very fluid driving with a fair amount of drifting and powersliding.  I hate FF cars, they just understeer too much and just seem sloppy to me... too much weight up front.  I'm also not a fan of mid- and rear-engine cars either because they're usually too tail-happy... i think FR cars (which often have a near 50/50 weight balance) are the best.... what do yall think?

I'm going to have to go with 4WD.  It's hard to beat the control of a Skyline.  :)

I would also have to go with the 4 -wheel drive.  Off the line my impreza, Lancer, and Skyline are beating the racing cars 0-60.  Maybe becasue they all have Stage 3 turbo's and everything else you can do to the engine.

Back