Favorite gr.4 and gr.3 cars

• Thread starter DC2_Evan
  • 67 comments
The McLarens have been my favorite from the beginning, hands down. I also had some success with with the Gr.4 WRX and have gone "triple crown" (pole, win, fastest lap) in every race I've entered with it. Sadly it's just single digits. :rolleyes: The F-Types are growing on me lately but I haven't used them enough yet to say if I actually like them.

Gr. 3 is definitely the McLaren 458S for me
What's a McLaren 458? :lol: :cheers:

The Gr4 SLS and Aston have been good for me (so I'm not happy PD took away power from the SLS). I only did one race in the Gr4 McLaren just yesterday but I rather enjoyed it even with its power deficit. I look forward to its next race.

Don't quite have a go-to for Gr3 but the Vette feels the most dependable.
I can see that. I usually end up using TC 2 because I spin in almost anything lol. I wish the my pedals were a little more linear in power delivery.
Just in case you're not aware already, it's the game that is responsible for the non-linear power delivery.

Just in case you're not aware already, it's the game that is responsible for the non-linear power delivery.
I think I have read that before. I've learned to deal with it, but does anyone know if that will be changed in a future update or has it been like that since launch? I've only had the game about a month now, and the wheel for about 2 weeks lol

I first started out with Ferrari. The Gr 4 feels great but lacks power on the straights. The Gr 3 has the power, feels great but is just too unpredictable to drive for me.

I then switched to the NSX. Handling is quite good, it almost never spins out of slow speed corners but it just lacks a bit of outright speed. Braking is not the best either.

So I’m searching for a new manufacturer to race for. As I’m driving without assist I need a car that is predictable out of corners, has good cornering ability and the least amount of weight shifting problems. And it should be quite fast too(obviously).

Any suggestions?

Looking at Tidgneys test maybe the Lancer?

I first started out with Ferrari. The Gr 4 feels great but lacks power on the straights. The Gr 3 has the power, feels great but is just too unpredictable to drive for me.

I then switched to the NSX. Handling is quite good, it almost never spins out of slow speed corners but it just lacks a bit of outright speed. Braking is not the best either.

So I’m searching for a new manufacturer to race for. As I’m driving without assist I need a car that is predictable out of corners, has good cornering ability and the least amount of weight shifting problems. And it should be quite fast too(obviously).

Any suggestions?

For overall stability and consistency I like the Hyundai Genesis, in both Gr.3 and Gr.4. I don't race in the manufacturer series but I almost always use the Genesis in Gr.4 races and it's pretty quick in Gr.3 as well and I'm almost as fast with it as I am the 911. I do agree that the Lancer has better cornering, but I find it to be a little less stable. However I'm only a B/S driver currently, albeit a pretty decent one. You might have better luck handling the Lancer.

I think I have read that before. I've learned to deal with it, but does anyone know if that will be changed in a future update or has it been like that since launch? I've only had the game about a month now, and the wheel for about 2 weeks lol
Trying to get this addressed is fighting windmills at this juncture.

At least I'm willing to be Don Quixote. :lol:

Any suggestions?

I'd say most of the manufacturers with FR only cars. Well, maybe not quite the Aston unless you can manage the power on the Gr3 car.

For overall stability and consistency I like the Hyundai Genesis, in both Gr.3 and Gr.4. I don't race in the manufacturer series but I almost always use the Genesis in Gr.4 races and it's pretty quick in Gr.3 as well and I'm almost as fast with it as I am the 911. I do agree that the Lancer has better cornering, but I find it to be a little less stable. However I'm only a B/S driver currently, albeit a pretty decent one. You might have better luck handling the Lancer.

Thanks. I will try the Genesis tomorrow:tup:

The Beetle or RSR in Group 3 and I'm quite keen on the Lancer for Group 4. The TT looks great, also.

GR4 Atenza, was one of the first cars gifted in the daily car lottery and only GR4 I had at the time. Stuck with it. Beautiful machine

GR3 Beetle, again I think it was one of the first GR3 daily cars, or the GR3 Atenza.. ..

Made a nice livery for the Nissan GR3 but struggle to perform* with it for some reason...

*I'm a midpack filler rather than front end winner

I really like the Porsche in the Gr.4 class.
Just really like the way it handles as it fits my driving style perfectly.

Mustang and the Alfa for the Gr.3 class.

I like the Cayman too. :cheers: Though it is not competitive yet.:grumpy:

I know that's the sad part. I have found however if your doing long endurance races with the Cayman the first 4 laps your just trying to keep up as everyone starts to pull away but lap 5 and beyond the Cayman starts to become competitive again.
It's one of those cars that's much better over longer runs.

The only major Grp4 race I did was the Alsace 15 lap thing for the challenges.

I have a dozen various Gr4 cars and I just picked the most powerful NSX concept at 441hp and it did a real good job. I'm surprised since the N600 road car kinda sucks given its as heavy as an SUV.

Won that without much issue. Chase car was and NSX too.

My favourite Group 4 is the GT by Citroen. Underpowered and overweight but it's the best handling car in the class. Stability is unmatched.

My favourite Group 3 is the GR Supra Racing Concept. Before this it was probably the BMW Z4, but I must say the straight 6 engine is brilliant. The balance of the car really makes it easy to handle when it gets loose. Such a joy to drive with excellent handling.

I really like the Porsche in the Gr.4 class.
Just really like the way it handles as it fits my driving style perfectly.

Mustang and the Alfa for the Gr.3 class.
I love the Caymen. I agree that it can be competitive over the course of a longer race

1525126416-20180501001212.jpg

Am I crazy for liking the McLaren GT3? She’s got pretty good turn in, tall gears (not as tall as the Porsche though, thankfully) And has good speed on the straights.

Also maybe it’s just me again but she’s absolutely horrible through slow chicanes like turn 1 Monza

Am I crazy for liking the McLaren GT3? She’s got pretty good turn in, tall gears (not as tall as the Porsche though, thankfully) And has good speed on the straights.

Also maybe it’s just me again but she’s absolutely horrible through slow chicanes like turn 1 Monza
I'm on board with you :D

I’ve had succes with various gr.3 cars, the Beetle and the Atenza mostly, but I always come back to the RCZ, it just looks great and fits my driving style, although I’ve never really been too competitive with it. As for gr.4, cars I vary alot, but usually go for a fwd or awd car as fwd cars on some tracks are just dominating while awd cars are usually a good overall choice.

In Gr.4 , the "French Rocket 2.0" is my car of choice aka Peugeot RCZ

As for Gr.3 , i don't really have a preference , but i would say the Corvette. A Porsche killer imo.

Back