Favorite Racing Modification in GT2

• Thread starter Orion
  • 200 comments

Orion

(Banned)
Hey guys, I did a search under the words Racing Modification GT2 Gran Turismo 2 and Favorite, and not one topic like this came up.

Which car has your favorite Racing Modification in GT2? I would have to pick the Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec R34, the other racing modification available for this skyline (there are 2 different racing modifications available for it) comes in dark blue with white and lime green designs on it. I like it's style and how unique it looks. I'm not really a Skyline Whore, but I like this paint scheme and body kit. It sort of looks like a modified ER34 instead of a GTR, because of the body kit.

I also like the Lotus Elise 190s RM, All Civic's RMs, Audi TT RM since it has colors available and looks like the TT LM, and the Skyline R32 RM's, one of them was in green and yellow, and the other was a calsonic paint scheme, these are unforgetable.

Which ones are your favs? :)

The Taurus because it looked like Mark Martins Valvoline Nascar....well in the old version it did.

Took pics of nicest IMO:
gt2rmods.jpg

The old Mini was great when race modified... stuck like hell to the road, too :D

I really wish PD would bring this back, I had hours of fun race modifying cars to see what they turned into...

I'd have to say the Toyota Chaser TRD X30 Sports Sedan for this one.

Those huge fender flares, the contrasting paint... The car looked like the touring car it should have been had the standard Chaser not existed.

It's kind of a weak reason, and I have no pictures... But, compare the Chaser TRD to the civilian model, and you'll see what I speak of.

i also like racing mods, these are my favorites..,

Lancia Stratos
Aston Martin DB7 (both the Coupe and the Volante)
Toyota Chaser TRD Sports X30
Dodge Viper GTS
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR
Alfa Romeo 156 16V
Honda S2000
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray '82
Toyota Supra Turbo '96 (the orange one)

nice thread, racerx510.., two thumbs up 👍:)👍

I hate the Dodge Intrepid's Racing Modification, even when it looks like a 6 second drag car, it was still a 221HP FF. :grumpy:

I was always fond of all of the Peugeot's RM's. Nothing feels better than racing a few FF's with RM's on them. It was cool that you can make your FF into a sucessful rally car, or a race car. FF race cars are fun to drive and tune, but I don't want a 221HP FF that looks like a 6 second drag car.

And finally, the Toyota Altezza RS200, Toms Chaser TRD Sports X30, Peugeot 106, Opel Vectra, and the list goes on and on. PD has some nice taste of style back then. 👍

Beleive it or not, the Vectra and Mondeo have the RM that they had in the British Touring Car Championship. Except over here it is not Opel Vectra, it is Vauxhall Vectra!

Nice collection Mati PL 👍.

Beleive it or not, the Vectra and Mondeo have the RM that they had in the British Touring Car Championship. Except over here it is not Opel Vectra, it is Vauxhall Vectra!
The BMW and Alfa too isn't it.
alfabmwjt0.jpg

I like most of GT2 race body.

Honda
rmodhondaif7.jpg

Nissan
rmodnissanwo9.jpg

even Daihatsu
rmodcuoresd4.jpg

or classic like Cobra Coupe :).
rcmodcobracm4.jpg

Ohh cool, no wonder they seemed so well done.

I took a look at the Honda Del Sol SiR's RM and the Honda Civic '93 RM. I have found my true calling in life, so what if it looks like an old Corn Flakes box... :D I like the Lotus Elise GT1's RM too. It's a simple paint scheme but looks very clean, and even more race-car like.

Mine would be :
Mazda 323 RM (had that huge rear spoiler sticking out)
Honda S2000 RM (had some really awesome liveries,especially the Spoon Sports logo)
Honda Civic RM (all of them looks awesome!)
Audi A4/S4 RM (got to remember this car as well.The livery exactly as the 99' BTCC car)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RM (all of them)
Renault Clio (looks like the current Clio cup car but much better)

But if i have a chance,i would choose all! :lol: Oh how i wish PD would bring back RM to GT....

Hey guys, I did a search under the words Racing Modification GT2 Gran Turismo 2 and Favorite, and not one topic like this came up.

Which car has your favorite Racing Modification in GT2? I would have to pick the Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec R34, the other racing modification available for this skyline (there are 2 different racing modifications available for it) comes in dark blue with white and lime green designs on it. I like it's style and how unique it looks. I'm not really a Skyline Whore, but I like this paint scheme and body kit. It sort of looks like a modified ER34 instead of a GTR, because of the body kit.

I also like the Lotus Elise 190s RM, All Civic's RMs, Audi TT RM since it has colors available and looks like the TT LM, and the Skyline R32 RM's, one of them was in green and yellow, and the other was a calsonic paint scheme, these are unforgetable.

Which ones are your favs? :)

Thanks for creating this thread! 👍 To all the GT2 hatahs out there, CHECK OUT SOME OF THOSE PICS UP ABOVE! This is the sole reason GT2 rocks over other GT's...all the cool race-mods!! :drool:

I wanna post some pics later, too...yall got me inspired.

Thanks for creating this thread! 👍 To all the GT2 hatahs out there, CHECK OUT SOME OF THOSE PICS UP ABOVE! This is the sole reason GT2 rocks over other GT's...all the cool race-mods!! :drool:

I wanna post some pics later, too...yall got me inspired.
Can't wait to see them. :)

I have a camera that kills brand new and brand old batteries in like 30 seconds. :mad: After I find the USB and a new camera, I will make a gallery. 👍

Some of those cars got amazing RM designs, wonder how playing GT2 would be like without those... I feel really sorry for later GT's with no RMs:ouch:

Some of my favs are the 22B (white & blue one), 240Z (looks like a daytona racer with those red,blue,white stripes resembling the US flag), Stingray 67 (the red one looks like a shark with those sharp edges and gills). For fav non-RM paintjobs I absolutely love the Dodge Concept Car (orange one), Speed 12 & 6 (purple one), Spoon Civic and Integra (Great carbon hoods and the tiny Advan sticker above the side turning signals).

And...What car is that below the Primera and above the S2000 (GT RM scheme) in Mati PL's post?

I love the Mini Cooper Rally Car though. The livery is so cool. Red, and white go together so well. And then theres the bright yellow sticker on the side that says 177! :cool:

I love the Mini Cooper Rally Car though. The livery is so cool. Red, and white go together so well. And then theres the bright yellow sticker on the side that says 177! :cool:
Glad to see the Lambo back in your avatar. :D

I find the Honda Accord Wagon '96 to be a cool racing mod, it seems sort of realistic. Same goes for the Lancer Evolution V GSR and VI GSR. 👍

The Honda Prelude racing mod always has a place in my heart...it was my first car and i spent so much time saving up for the RM...:D

I hate the Dodge Intrepid's Racing Modification, even when it looks like a 6 second drag car, it was still a 221HP FF. :grumpy:

i agree. the intrepid with the racing mod looked like a beast but was really a big letdown when i saw its top speed.

Back