Ferrari 250 GTO declared Work of Art

• Thread starter ribloGT
  • 12 comments
Italy
Italy
riblo72
Following a cause issued by Ferrari bored about all non authorized replicas of this mighty car the law court of Bologna Italy declared that the 250 GTO Is not replicable cause Ferrari retains the right of authorship on the car making the car at all effects like a work of art like a statue or a picture

This is the First Time in the world that a car is considered like that and that was pretty right that the car universally know as "the most beautiful car ever" was the First One to be declared a work of art

What do you think about that? Is It right that a car is officialy declared a work of art and compared to a statue by Michelangelo or a drawing by Picasso?

Given the controversial nature of what is considered 'art' in the first place. If Rothko's Black Blue Painting or 'My Bed' by Tracey Emin are 'art' then why not a 250 GTO?

Just Ferrari flexing its muscles again; they once threatened an owner with a F40 replica.

It is though, one of the few cars that would be worthy of such an accolade.

Just Ferrari flexing its muscles again

Yea, this is a legal strategy. Someone figured out that they could improve their legal position while also getting some somewhat positive press and went for it.

Which one?
To my understanding, it's an owner in Sweden who built one with an Audi V8 and looks a lot closer than most others.

Which seems to be to the line in the sand; don't make it too accurate and they'll leave you alone.

To my understanding, it's an owner in Sweden who built one with an Audi V8 and looks a lot closer than most others.

Which seems to be to the line in the sand; don't make it too accurate and they'll leave you alone.
Apologies, that followed your post immediately but was directed at the fact that there's more than one 250 GTO bodystyle.

VXR
Indeed, due to the hand beaten body no two are exactly the same.
I mean...sure, but even beyond that, there are the Series II cars which are far less popular among the replicar crowd than the Series Is.

Still, the GTO isn't the prancing horse I'd want to knock off anyway. No 250 at all, for that matter...save, perhaps, for a Boano coupe.

Really, though...

ferrari_410_superamerica_coupe_84.jpeg

The second GTO is so ugly I choose to forget it, especially after suffering it in Forza.

My preferred 250 is the LM.

Sure, beauty, and art, are in the eyes of the beholder. No doubt the 250 GTO and plenty of Ferraris of that era are very pretty cars, but I would just as much accept someone genuinely believing that Chevy Cavalier is art.

It's clearly a legal strategy to maintain "exclusivity".

Though knowing a car is worth £millions when you take these I don't need a lawyer to tell me not to drop my phone :nervous::nervous:

20190705_143227.jpg
20190705_143246.jpg
20190705_144607.jpg

Back