Ferrari BB 512i Coupé 1982

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 16 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight presents the rare Ferrari BB 512i despite of more than 1007 units were built is this one rare because it's the only one with a left-handed drive.
The car was produced by Ferrari and brand new delivered in 1982 to the Belgian importer, Garage Francorchamps.

687atj.jpg

The Ferrari BB 512i was to be the last of the popular BB 512 (Berlinetta Boxer) models, the little “i” added to the name was to indicate that it was now fuel injected – with a Bosch K-Jetronic CIS fuel injection unit that both improved throttle response and helped tidy up emissions.
The '512' indicates 5 litres/12 cylinders.

As with its predecessor the BB 512i was fitted with a mid-mounted flat-12 capable of 360 hp and 333 ft-lbs of torque, the engine’s boxer configuration afforded the 512 a lower centre of gravity than the more traditional V12 engine layouts from Ferrari, although many purists will argue vehemently against any non-V12 from the Maranello factory.

Possessing an engine directly related to Ferrari's contemporary Formula 1 unit, as well as being both lighter and faster than the legendary Daytona, the 512BB was one of the most capable and exciting supercars of its era and is still capable of providing all the thrills that an enthusiastic owner-driver could wish for.

Displacement was increased by enlarging both bore and stroke, while in addition the compression ratio was raised and dry-sump lubrication adopted. The result of all these changes was a useful increase in torque which, coupled with revised gear ratios, made the 512 more tractable.
Ferrari's claimed maximum of 188 mph (302 km/h) was felt entirely realistic.

You may have noticed that the car pictured here doesn't look entirely like the original Pininfarina design, this is because Koenig of Germany was tasked with restyling the coupe – resulting in a new rear section that (dare I say it) may even look better than the original.

The car can be with or without wing equipped.

Although the Ferrari BB 512i was never officially exported to the USA many of them have been privately imported over the years.

2lvfdp2.jpg

24o5xf5.jpg

eijpmx.jpg

nl9001.jpg

With wing

2s0e52h.jpg

With wing

Ferrari_Emblem-logo-431E232AFD-seeklogo.com.gif

HERE ARE THE OTHER FERRARIS

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures of this beautiful Ferrari who can for sure use more likes, because it's worth.
Sometimes i wonder why some cars get so few likes?

Anyway thanks for the pictures!
:cheers:

I don't like this Ferrari but that interior intrigues me. The whole 80s Miami-Vice feel is retro-cool. And that Equalizer? You can tell that example in the pic has been driven as it was supposed to be not tucked away in some garage and carted out for a Sunday Ferrari club meet. Nothing more depressing than a finely engineered sports car bought by those non-car guys just for "investment".

proxy.php

This car is the 239th and got the 6500th like!

StarLight presents the rare Ferrari BB 512i despite of more than 1007 units were built is this one rare because it's the only one with a left-handed drive.
The car was produced by Ferrari and brand new delivered in 1982 to the Belgian importer, Garage Francorchamps.

proxy.php

The Ferrari BB 512i was to be the last of the popular BB 512 (Berlinetta Boxer) models, the little “i” added to the name was to indicate that it was now fuel injected – with a Bosch K-Jetronic CIS fuel injection unit that both improved throttle response and helped tidy up emissions.
The '512' indicates 5 litres/12 cylinders.

As with its predecessor the BB 512i was fitted with a mid-mounted flat-12 capable of 360 hp and 333 ft-lbs of torque, the engine’s boxer configuration afforded the 512 a lower centre of gravity than the more traditional V12 engine layouts from Ferrari, although many purists will argue vehemently against any non-V12 from the Maranello factory.

Possessing an engine directly related to Ferrari's contemporary Formula 1 unit, as well as being both lighter and faster than the legendary Daytona, the 512BB was one of the most capable and exciting supercars of its era and is still capable of providing all the thrills that an enthusiastic owner-driver could wish for.

Displacement was increased by enlarging both bore and stroke, while in addition the compression ratio was raised and dry-sump lubrication adopted. The result of all these changes was a useful increase in torque which, coupled with revised gear ratios, made the 512 more tractable.
Ferrari's claimed maximum of 188 mph (302 km/h) was felt entirely realistic.

You may have noticed that the car pictured here doesn't look entirely like the original Pininfarina design, this is because Koenig of Germany was tasked with restyling the coupe – resulting in a new rear section that (dare I say it) may even look better than the original.

The car can be with or without wing equipped.

Although the Ferrari BB 512i was never officially exported to the USA many of them have been privately imported over the years.

2lvfdp2.jpg

24o5xf5.jpg

eijpmx.jpg

nl9001.jpg

With wing

2s0e52h.jpg

With wing

ferrari-logo-C75D80471C-seeklogo.com.gif
That looks ridiculous, someone had a fetish for Testarossa side intake strakes and a Countach wing. You can't improve on an original.

Latest Posts

Back