Ferrari Dino 206S Competizione Pininfarina 1967

• Thread starter GRF
  • 14 comments

GRF

Japan
Japan
So, now that we have a regular Dino in GT6, how about a race car version of the Dino? It's called the Dino 206 Competizione. This car is currently owned by James Glickenhaus after Pininfarina kept the car at their private museum for around 40 years.The 206
stands for 2.0-liter V6, which runs at 218hp and weighs 1,543 lbs or 699.893 kg. So, who wants Jim's one-off Dino race car in GT6 or future GTs? If you want it, then vote now!
Specs:
Layout: Mid-engine Rear wheel drive
Body: Aluminum body on tubular steel frame
Engine: 2.0-liter V6
Power :218hp@8,000rpm
Chassis number: 10523
Engine number :231/B
Weight: 699.893kg (1,543lbs)
67-Ferrari-Dino-206-Comp-DV-09_MBC_015.jpg

Dino%20Berlinetta%20Competizione%201%20in.jpg

67-Ferrari-Dino-206-Comp-DV-09_MBC_026.jpg

Dino%20Berlinetta%20Competizione%201%20f.jpg

1967%20Ferrari%20Dino%20206%20Competizione%20Pininfarina_02.jpg

Last edited:
This is not an official Ferrari, so the name Ferrari must be removed.

The official name of this car is ‘’Dino’’ Berlinette Prototype Competition

It's also one-off car.
Designed by Paolo Martin and build by Pininfarina

Is that so? Well then, thanks for reminding me Starlight. Already fixed the thread title. :)

Last edited:

It's also one-off car.

Nope. This car is an official Ferrari as it's chassis plate and Ferrari VIN# clearly proves. Ferrari 206S Dino Competizione Pininfarina is it's official Ferrari name.

Well, i got this information from the press release from Pininfarina and not from Ferrari.

The car was just at the Ferrari stand to be showed.

Yes, you are right the used the chassis of a Ferrari Dino Competition, but the car doesn't get the Ferrari in the name as you can see.

Nothing more to add.

Dino.png

Well, i got this information from the press release from Pininfarina and not from Ferrari.

The car was just at the Ferrari stand to be showed.

Yes, you are right the used the chassis of a Ferrari Dino Competition, but the car doesn't get the Ferrari in the name as you can see.

Nothing more to add.

View attachment 208543

Exactly what part of the following are you not able to understand?

The chassis plate affixed to the car, which is it's legal identity period, clearly states Ferrari, not Dino, not Pininfarina.

The original bill of sale from Pininfarina to me states that this car is a 1967 Ferrari 206S Dino Competizione Pininfarina.

The current DMV documents which are based on that original bill of sale states this car is 1967 a Ferrari.

The car was shown Pebble as 1967 Ferrari 206S Dino Competizione Pininfarina.

All Dino's legally are Ferrari's.

Dino is a model.

Ferrari is a Manufacturer.

Thanks for playing.

Exactly what part of the following are you not able to understand?

The chassis plate affixed to the car, which is it's legal identity period, clearly states Ferrari, not Dino, not Pininfarina.

The original bill of sale from Pininfarina to me states that this car is a 1967 Ferrari 206S Dino Competizione Pininfarina.

The current DMV documents which are based on that original bill of sale states this car is 1967 a Ferrari.

The car was shown Pebble as 1967 Ferrari 206S Dino Competizione Pininfarina.

All Dino's legally are Ferrari's.

Dino is a model.

Ferrari is a Manufacturer.

Thanks for playing.

All good.

Have a nice day/evening.

Last edited:
All I can say about, is that the brand Ferrari is completely missing from the car. No Ferrari on the body, no on the steering wheel, no on engine's heads. Only the brand Dino is on the car.

All I can say about, is that the brand Ferrari is completely missing from the car. No Ferrari on the body, no on the steering wheel, no on engine's heads. Only the brand Dino is on the car.
Well, Dino is not a seperate brand, it's still part of the Ferrari, even though that this doesn't have the Ferrari badge.

It's also one-off car.

Absolutely correct. The brand "Dino" was only powered by Ferrari, until 1976:

Dino was a marque for mid-engined, rear-drive sports cars produced by Ferrari from 1968 to 1976. Used for models with engines with fewer than 12 cylinders, it was an attempt by the company to offer a relatively low-cost sports car. The Ferrari name remained reserved for its premium V-12 and flat 12 models until 1976, when "Dino" was retired in favour of full Ferrari branding.

Only after 1976, the Dino was recognized by Ferrari. Previous this year only the F1 race car (246 Dino) was considered a Ferrari.

Therefore, this car being from 1967, it still considered a "Dino".

Back