Ferrari F8 Tributo is a 710hp Replacement for the 488 GTB

A good looking machine. Nice little touch with the rear window slats like there used to be on the old F40.
Ferrari_F8_Tributo_5.jpg
d99ca6401713de5321e42dcb3eae803beb5e0e24.jpg

It is handsome but I'm still holding out for this big Pagani reveal in Geneva.
I don't think they'll come out early so March 5th it is then.

2016. So technically 3 years now ( which is still not enough time for a generation of a car in my opinion) but really 2 full years. I think this year is the year Ferrari should have came out with the Pista then in 2020 work on this F8. Too soon
The 488 is a 2015 entry. By the time this is out as a 2020 model, that will place the 488 at 4-5 years. The only 488 left on the line by then will be the 488 Pista Aperta.

It looks more like a remodelled 488 Pista, particularly when seen from the elevated side angle. Then again, some might say the same about the 488 GTB when compared to the 458.

Also the rear lights appear to have been raided from the 812 parts bin.

When I saw the Ferrari press release this morning I just fell for this car. I think it looks fantastic with the rear being the highlight. The twin taillights returning is a nice touch.

It is handsome but I'm still holding out for this big Pagani reveal in Geneva.
I don't think they'll come out early so March 5th it is then.
I am most interested in seeing what is apparently the most expensive new car ever at $13.9m. I love Bugatti, and hearing the stunning Type 57C Atlantic inspired the one-off car, is hugely exciting.

Meh. Looks like every other Ferrari, and lacks the drama of the 720S. Rear is fussy.

Surprised Ferrari's breaking with the V8 model tradition of alternating between evolution and revolution.

Oh my gosh this thing looks incredible already a fan. Please Gran Turismo put this in your game. Plus we need the 488 gtb first then this. What’s going on down there at PD I enjoy them giving us improved cars from GT6 but we need some more new cars too.

When I saw the Ferrari press release this morning I just fell for this car. I think it looks fantastic with the rear being the highlight. The twin taillights returning is a nice touch.

I am most interested in seeing what is apparently the most expensive new car ever at $13.9m. I love Bugatti, and hearing the stunning Type 57C Atlantic inspired the one-off car, is hugely exciting.

Yes agreed, the 57C was incredible.
Specifically with Pagani I'm curious what the powerplant will be, will they stick with their AMG partner, will it be hybrid, or full on electric.

Getting off topic now, sorry did someone mention something about a new Ferrari?

Unpopular opinion: when the 488 was released I thought it was ugly. I thought that it looked all wrong, that it looked like a 458 described over the phone.

But somehow, they've made it worse. That is a really ugly car. I think Ferrari have forgotten how to design cars because the only good-looking car they make right now is the FF- I mean GTC4. The 812 has a front that looks like they took a hammer to an Aston Martin DB9 and now this...

Buying a Ferrari these days is a bit like buying a smartphone.

If you wait a couple of months there'll be a new model out.

That's pretty much the norm with supercars, no matter what brand. Porsche and McLaren are just as guilty (except Porsche and McLaren make good looking cars)

I mean, if this is indeed the last of the V8 mid engined Ferraris, they could have at least made it look somewhat memorable...

Meh. Looks like every other Ferrari, and lacks the drama of the 720S. Rear is fussy.

Surprised Ferrari's breaking with the V8 model tradition of alternating between evolution and revolution.

As I said before, I'd guess it has something to do with the competition from Mclaren. They probably need to get some more mileage out of the 488 platform but it's looking pretty puny next to the 720s. The only reasonable solution is another facelift and more power.

Let me tell you something. I LOVE this F8 Tributo! The 488 GTB is beautiful to me (but not 360 Modena or F430 beautiful). The 812 Superfast is not entirely gorgeous, but stylish. Combining the two into this package is purely amazing. I'd buy one right now if it was sold today and if I had the money.

The overall shape familiar since the 458 Italia has been refined to perfection, but I'm not sold on every little detail and the sheer number of them.

Yes, it is a really good looking car but I don't think any of these new V8 Ferraris will ever eclipse the 458 Italia in looks or sound. That car was the complete package since 2009 and didn't need 700hp or fancy tri-turbos to be amazing.

Although I can't wait for the GT3 version of the F8 Tributo, personally.

I'm not a Ferrari fan and will probably never be but this car is a mighty beautiful and impressive car. I'm not a fan of the interior design of all modern Ferraris. I prefer German sportscar interior design.

Not a Ferrari fan either, but this looks good. I am not a fan of the rear though, it's a bit bland and kinda reminds me of the new NSX.

Front end looks fussier than ever but that rear end is :drool: Reminds me of something from Ridge Racer or Burnout. The name is quite uninspiring though. What's wrong with the usual XXX nomenclature? Also what are they going to call the faster version when this one already has the suffix Tributo?

I'm seeing a lot more of the 812 DNA than any Noble, outside of four taillights.

I think the other thing that doesn't help sell this car as new is Ferrari using identical backgrounds for every one of its reveals. Change it up, Maranello!

The name is quite uninspiring though. What's wrong with the usual XXX nomenclature? Also what are they going to call the faster version when this one already has the suffix Tributo?

Tributo in the sense that it's probably the last Ferrari midship that'll be released that doesn't include KERS or hybrid technology?

Back