Ferrari FXX Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 229 comments
Back before I had a wheel, I tried to learn the Ring in Hovercraft 1 NFS:S1 on DS3.
Suffice to say, it was not pretty, next day I went out and got a wheel. :lol:
I have no idea how you guys can do it, serious skillz!!!! đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

Last edited:
I was able to get 1:35.6, currently 686th. I stepped on the brakes early for the first chicane, in order to take it quickly. The rest was a matter of keeping the car in bounds. It did take me a while to do it, but it was pretty satisfying to get ahead of @Mini Stiggy.

Don't worry, I only got about 3 or 4 laps in before I had to go ;)

When I used the DS3, I only used the right stick. The triggers were my shift up shift down buttons.

Same. The DS reminded me of using old school dual stick radios for RC cars. Except, y'know, the left stick was throttle / brake and the right was steering.

Anyway... 1:38.295 with everything off. It's within grasp, unless I launch something at my screen if I blow Variante Ascari again. :grumpy:

ninjaedit

1:37.979. Never again! Suck it, FXX... done with that damn thing. Not 100% clean, though, with four tires on the curbing exiting Variante della Roggia. :doublebird:

Last edited:
Wow, so you were effectively a one foot throttle/brake guy more or less?? Amazing you were still so quick despite there must have been a moment of throttle to brake transition on every corner entries. Do you still drive like that or are you now a two pedaler?

Oh I'm a two pedaler now. :)

Only for the brake. I bought them gioteck triggers that clip on to your DS3. Gives me i little bit more control but not much. I prefer bashing the X to control acceleration as i watched a japanese guy called samurai do it that way so i thought i'd copy him lol. God knows how you manage to use the right stick for acceleration and brake. Takes some skill to that while using MT at the same time.

Hehe. Thanks! Samurai has told me that he has a DFP now, but he's a bit slower with it. He actually broke his DS3 in an online race once. :lol:

As for the stick, I've been doing that since the GT3 days. I got used to it pretty quickly, but I never mastered it until GT5!

Oh I'm a two pedaler now. :)

Hehe. Thanks! Samurai has told me that he has a DFP now, but he's a bit slower with it. He actually broke his DS3 in an online race once. :lol:

As for the stick, I've been doing that since the GT3 days. I got used to it pretty quickly, but I never mastered it until GT5!
I got a friend on my list who recently bought a DFP and he wants his money back :D He really struggling to keep the car under control with it like if he lets his hands off the wheel, the car would just go all over the place. My uncle was selling one so he let me try it out and i just couldn't keep the car going in a straight line without fighting the wheel. Terrible wheels in my opinion. I think they should have the option to try before you buy with DFPs. I had a good battle with Samurai on one of the GT Academy events :) he beat me by -0.00.001 on Tokyo for 1st place :P

I use L2/R2 Brake/Acc, with the right stick as a quick shift (flick with the right thumb).
I tried the right stick as acc/brake and could not get on with it. I need to do the occasional brake dab etc.

Give it a try!

I will try that. I have used only the stick so far because muscle cars are my main choice to drive. I do a lot of 1/2 and 3/4 throttle on those to keep them under control in corners. It will be interesting to try them out with R2/L2.

1:37.979. Never again! Suck it, FXX... done with that damn thing. Not 100% clean, though, with four tires on the curbing exiting Variante della Roggia. :doublebird:

Great work, not many could have achieved it!

Think theres a high :35 in this for me, if I ever string all my best sectors together that is, you'd think the lesmos corners being the easiest (the valid/invalid is pretty clear) but I can't drive them smooth :banghead:

Good gravy that was a royal pain in the backside. Because there were no improvements to be made to the car I made the decision that I wouldn't leave the track until I got gold. First few laps were progressively quicker until I hit 1:38.013 (with some choice words directed at the TV over the .013) but then something happened to make me consistently almost a second slower with my ghost walking away from me coming out f the second chicane. 47 laps after starting Imanaged to squeeze in at 1:37.688 and I promptly exited to get my reward, test the paint chip on a car, and then quit the game for a bit.

My fingers hurt...

I resorted to using SRF on the time trials from last week, so I want to avoid it on these-

I actually enjoyed the insane PP of this race; what gets my biscuits in a tart is keeping myself from losing the car before the lap even starts, and then judging entry to the chicanes juuuuuuuust right to score the best lap.

I think I got 1:40.198 or so with ABS on 1 and no other assists so far

I resorted to using SRF on the time trials from last week, so I want to avoid it on these-

I actually enjoyed the insane PP of this race; what gets my biscuits in a tart is keeping myself from losing the car before the lap even starts, and then judging entry to the chicanes juuuuuuuust right to score the best lap.

I think I got 1:40.198 or so with ABS on 1 and no other assists so far
Even in 3rd and 4th the car wants to step out just after apex at Curva Parabolica (last turn from the back straight to the front straight). The car has an unusual tendency to come loose when it should hook up and hook up when it should come loose--for me, anyway.

Even in 3rd and 4th the car wants to step out just after apex at Curva Parabolica (last turn from the back straight to the front straight). The car has an unusual tendency to come loose when it should hook up and hook up when it should come loose--for me, anyway.

funny you should mention 4th, I've actually kept it in that gear to keep from losing it in the warm-up corner.

Do you generally drive MR cars? They have a habit of sticking when they shouldn't as you said- the cars I've used regularly in GT6, 2 NSX's and a road spec GT40, have been MR so I've acclimated my driving style to not yanking the wheel and getting on the throttle sloooooooowly. I can keep the FXX in check if I turn first and sprint later

funny you should mention 4th, I've actually kept it in that gear to keep from losing it in the warm-up corner.

Do you generally drive MR cars? They have a habit of sticking when they shouldn't as you said- the cars I've used regularly in GT6, 2 NSX's and a road spec GT40, have been MR so I've acclimated my driving style to not yanking the wheel and getting on the throttle sloooooooowly. I can keep the FXX in check if I turn first and sprint later
Apart from an early MR2, only when forced to or, in the case of the F430 Scuderia, when it was free and was useful in the 650pp road car endurance races. Oh and the Sauber for LeMans and N24.

5 tries & I had to stop. Was pretty close to spiking my controller. .. 139.070 so far. I'll give it a try again soon.

Hmm , also use right stick for throttle and brake, thought it was the best....guess not. Sometimes works well, others I think I am light braking and I am not braking at all. Big advantage with DS3 though, I can lay in bed and play ! :)

I watched IMMORTAL's replay and tried to take his line. It was mostly easy, though I can't understand how he comes so close to the boundaries without getting penalized. Looking at his odometer though, it probably wasn't that easy.

I think that Japanese guy using the DS3 is giving more of a battle than Holland :lol: Awesome controller of the brake and throttle. Wish i could do that :(

Just got done my first session 1:33.863 for 97th. I am neck and neck with Hollands line exiting the first corner then that thing just magically sails off into the unforseen Monza sunset.

Ok! So my official times are
1:40.191 with ABS 1
1:37.422 with ABS 1 and SRF

and I am not gonna try any harder because I got my paint swatch! What color was it again?

The FXX feels weird with SRF on, makes it hard to drive consistently. Down to a 1:33.059 but I'm about 4-5 tenths off my theoretical best, also did a 1:35.770 with SRF off, could probably get that into the low 35s, didn't spend too much time with it.

:lol::lol::lol:What say to this?

Attachments

• DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Back