Ferrari's 4 Pillars for Future Cars

Question: what percentage of people complaining about a Ferrari SUV can afford one? Strictly asking this in the name of science.

Philosophically-speaking: 100%

Illogically-speaking: 100%

Scientifically-speaking: 75%

Economically-speaking: 0.05%

Biologically-speaking: 99.95%

Wonkamatically-speaking: 105%

+ 8% delivery fee

-----------------------------------

Your answer is 488%

+ 8% delivery fee

Your answer is 488%
internet-memes-fetch-my-mind-its-blown-away.jpg

+ 8% delivery fee

Your answer is 488%

Mkkm9al.jpg

Sport
mid-engine supercar

Here's the new architecture for the 488 replacement

Next car will be a hybrid V8 (or V6) and then there'll be a hybrid V12 supercar. The supercar will be like the LaFerrari but cheaper.
"60% of Ferraris will be hybrids by 2022."
Confirmation that the hybrid V8 will be revealed this year

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...ri-supercar-reportedly-set-to-debut-this-year

Automotive News Europe (subscription required) reported Friday that Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri confirmed the hybrid supercar will bow sometime this year. It will not, however, show up at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The website's source said to expect a V-8 engine paired with an electric motor to boost performance over the Ferrari 488 Pista's 710 horsepower and 568 pound-feet of torque and help make the car more fuel efficient. Late Ferrari and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO, Sergio Marchionne, said in 2016 that most new cars from the Italian firm would boast hybrid powertrains from 2019 onward.

Camilleri said 60 percent of Ferrari cars will have a hybrid variant come 2022. After 2022, the supercar maker will launch an all-electric model, he added.

The shift comes as Ferrari plans to boost production output with a new SUV model, which will forfeit the company's exemption from carbon dioxide regulations. Ferrari has sold fewer than 10,000 cars per year, which kept it out of regulations' targets. In 2021, the European Union will implement stricter emissions regulations Ferrari will need to adhere to as its sales volumes expand with an SUV.

Camilleri added first deliveries of the hybrid supercar will take place in early 2020 and it will not be a limited-edition car.

An all-electric after 2022, eh? I can only imagine how needlessly complex and incredibly bonkers that will be... it wouldn't be a proper Ferrari otherwise.

Here’s the 488 Successor; the F8Tributo.

9F7248BA-951F-4CE8-81B0-5A5DED79AB5C.jpeg
1B8DBC91-E1F9-4D34-917C-21E98C13338A.jpeg
9B227924-19D0-4145-99B2-2961D4E0DFD4.jpeg
06CDE246-5746-433D-91CE-7926E801E3D3.jpeg

It actually isn’t the hybrid that we were expecting, but essentially a reskinned Pista. I love it.

I find it hard to believe the 488 GTB was unveiled 4 years ago, feels like it had a short lifespan. :boggled:

The new F8 is gorgeous though, still looks very up-to-date despite riding on a 10 year old chassis. 👍

Is this the first time Ferrari have spun off a third model from their mid-V8 platform? Although this seems more like a mid-term face lift (and re-name) rather than an all new re-skin.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1123196_new-hybrid-ferrari-supercar-may-boast-awd

expect a 3.9-liter twin-turbo V-8 paired with three electric motors. The V-8 engine should come directly from the mid-engine F8 Tributo, where it makes 710 horsepower. It seems quite possible the V-8 will make an identical power figure and the three electric motors will add the extra 276 hp for the rumored 986-hp figure.

One motor will sit inside the transmission and two electric motors will be placed on the front axle to create AWD, per the report. The website also floated "intelligent torque vectoring" as part of the system.

The SUV has been delayed to 2021

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...1-will-embody-brand-s-driving-characteristics

Originally due in 2020, Ferrari's SUV, the Purosangue, has been pushed back to 2021.

The information was reported on Sunday by Auto Express following an interview with Michael Lieters, Ferrari's chief engineer.

He said the SUV would ride on a version of Ferrari's front-engined platform, a modular design whose latest iteration underpins the Roma sports car.

The platform is capable of fitting V-6, V-8 and V-12 engines, along with all-wheel drive and plug-in hybrid capability, though we're unlikely to see the V-12 end up in the SUV.

A test mule using the body of the GTC4 Lusso was spotted in 2018. Its proportions suggest the Purosangue will be a low, sleek offering and not a traditional SUV. Ferrari even refers to it as a “Ferrari Utility Vehicle.”

This is backed up by comments made by former Ferrari CEO and Chairman Sergio Marchionne who in 2018 said, "(the SUV) will look like whatever a Ferrari utility vehicle needs to look like, but it has to drive like a Ferrari."

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1126905_ferrari-ev-plans-revealed-in-patent-documents

ferrari-patent-drawings-for-modular-electric-drive-system_100733636_h.jpg

ferrari-patent-drawings-for-modular-electric-drive-system_100733635_h.jpg

Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri said late last year not to expect an electric car before 2025, but that doesn't mean the engineers in Maranello aren't already developing the technology that will eventually go into one.

A patent application filed by Ferrari with the European Patent Office was discovered recently by a member of a Porsche Taycan form and provides some insight into potential plans for Ferrari's first EV.

The application is for several patents, the core one being for what Ferrari refers to as a modular motor (MM). This is a modular electric drive system consisting of an electric motor-generator (EM) and gearbox (GTC).

The modular motor is designed to sit at either axle and one diagram shows the layout of a vehicle with four of the units, with one at each wheel to create an electric all-wheel-drive system.

One application is for the modular motor to be used at the front axle, suggesting that the unit could work with an internal-combustion engine at the rear axle in a future hybrid model. Ferrari has already gone down this route with the SF90 Stradale which features two of its three electric motors at the front axle.

Crucially, the patent application makes no mention of a battery. This ties in with comments made by Camilleri last year during an interview with Reuters that Ferrari's first EV won't arrive before 2025 because battery technology is lacking. It seems Ferrari is working on the drive system first and will then integrate a battery when more advanced technology is available, such as lighter, denser solid-state batteries or, given the rapid advancements being made in the area of batteries, something entirely else.

Purosangue mule spotted using a Levante body

message-editor%2F1604012079875-ferrarisuvinline1.jpg

This time, the Purosangue test mule appears to be a strangely modified Maserati Levante body with some extra fender flares. The camouflage makes it look a bit like a Porsche Panamera with the mumps, sporting a gently sloping fastback-style rear end similar to the "Coupe" SUV models out now from other manufacturers.

If somehow this Levante body previews the Purosangue's layout to come, the backseat of this four-door four-seater doesn't look all that comfortable. The sloping roof line likely eats into the head room and the disproportionately short rear door size doesn't give us much hope for ample leg room, either.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37351/heres-your-very-first-look-at-the-ferrari-purosangue-suv

For me Ferrari have to do something special and different to everyone else with their SUV to make the purists ( the purists like me that will never afford one ) happy. Maybe an SUV Roadster? :lol:.

Side not would love to see a race series with all these SUVs.

For me Ferrari have to do something special and different to everyone else with their SUV to make the purists ( the purists like me that will never afford one ) happy. Maybe an SUV Roadster? :lol:.

Side not would love to see a race series with all these SUVs.

By it's very nature, the SUV isn't for the purists or they wouldn't be building it. It's meant to expand their customer base. Ferrari is a publicly traded company now, and, practically, the only results shareholders care about is growth. Whatever it was that Ferrari used to be it no longer is. They've tripled their stock price since their IPO in 2015 so at least it's good if you're an investor. As far as I can tell, this move was done by FCA to squeeze as much cash out of the Ferrari name as it could while on the road to separating itself from the brand and Enzo's family. While Sergio was in charge, I feel like there was some measure of prudence around abusing the brand name. Without Sergio, I'm afraid FCA is going to wring every drop of brand cache out of Ferrari before dumping them on some developing nation business boy. Well, that's the cynical view anyways. :lol:

By it's very nature, the SUV isn't for the purists or they wouldn't be building it. It's meant to expand their customer base. Ferrari is a publicly traded company now, and, practically, the only results shareholders care about is growth. Whatever it was that Ferrari used to be it no longer is. They've tripled their stock price since their IPO in 2015 so at least it's good if you're an investor. As far as I can tell, this move was done by FCA to squeeze as much cash out of the Ferrari name as it could while on the road to separating itself from the brand and Enzo's family. While Sergio was in charge, I feel like there was some measure of prudence around abusing the brand name. Without Sergio, I'm afraid FCA is going to wring every drop of brand cache out of Ferrari before dumping them on some developing nation business boy. Well, that's the cynical view anyways. :lol:
Yep, you're right, and whilst an SUV isn't for purists they really need to avoid just making it a big box with a Ferrari nose on it.

Ferrari family never cared much anyway. Enzo sold off the roadcar rights to Fiat just so he could focus on racing, after all. Had no issue shoehorning Ferrari engines in Fiat stablemates. Fiat Dino, Lancia Stratos, Lancia 8.32... So long as it kept the money rolling in to fund the scuderia, that’s all that mattered

Ferrari CEO Benedetto Vigna claims that its upcoming electric supercar, due by the end of 2025, will also simulate engine and exhaust noises just like the new Dodge Charger, and will offer the "same unique experience" as its ICE supercars:

Back