FF or awd?

• Thread starter ken4p
  • 12 comments
Can you race through this completely with out using FR or MR?
I have a extreme problem handling these cars.
FF and 4wd I can control. Had no problem with it in GT2.

I know that some races do require FR or MR, I might be able to slip through on those races, or just won't do them.

Yes. Try and learn how to use FR and MR cars because they are better then anyother drivetrain. IMO MR is the best. MR cars can be very fast once you learn how to handle them.

AWD can be quite faster than the FFs.

FR and MR are the fastest cars in the game so you should get used to handling them, and you'll at least have to use them for the Formula GT, the MR and FR cups, and all the really fast races.

Give us some car setting examples for each type. That way I can tell what you are doing wrong with your car setup.

To add, you might not have good car control, probably due to poor acceleration control, and not braking at the right time. Go back to the license tests, and do them over.

For the easiest FF car, use the Xsara Rally Car.

For the easiest AWD car, use the FTO LM Race Car.

For the easiest MR car, use the Raybrig NSX JGTC.

For the easiest FR car, use the Castrol Tom's Supra JGTC.

Note: Easiest means easy to use, and control, not the quickest car for that type of vehicle. For MR, you could use the F094/S, but some people find the F1 cars hard to use.

Originally posted by ken4p
Can you race through this completely with out using FR or MR?
I know that some races do require FR or MR, I might be able to slip through on those races, or just won't do them.
Hmm... Interesting question... "I realize some races require FR or MR cars, but can you win the game without FR or MR cars?"

You've already answered your own question and brought your very sanity into question. What exactly were you expecting in terms of a response? Do you want tips on how to deal with FR and MR cars, or are you just looking for someone to say, "Right on you bloody genius! You don't have to use FR or MR cars except in FR and MR races!"

As a matter of fact, I do have a somewhat valid response for you. MR cars are the best in the game, and I have never heard of anbody completing the Formula GT using anything besides an MR car.

If you don't want to drive MR/FR cars, there are 10 Beginner League events you can do, then you'll have to abandon Simulation Mode. You have to drive 1 MR and 3 FR cars just to get the B License.

Knows on the lic, and certain races that would have to drive the other cars.
The problem is In the gt2 cars no matter what the settings (since I had asked other people through GT2 side on how to tune it. I would still do 360's at least twice in the race. With a FF or AWD I can go like 5-10 races and not do one 360.

I wasn't sure if there was any higher powered FF or 4WD cars.
Not sure why can only do the amateur races, looked there was cars that would compete in the other races, besides the obvious drivetrain limitation races.

Since I just started GT3 since the kids just got it. Will have to wait till I can afford to tune a Rear decently.

I would say All Wheel Drive because I've been oversteering a lot lately but if I use All Wheel Drive, I never oversteer.

You should still try and get the hang of MR (and hopefully FR) cars in GT3. GT2 is a much more twitchy game, and you should have better luck controlling the cars in GT3.

Remember that the buttons are pressure-sensative on the PS2. If you've got a really high-powered RWD car, you're going to spin out if you just keep all the way on the gas while you're turning. You need to go easy on the accelerator coming out of corners.

Originally posted by Solid Lifters

Note: Easiest means easy to use, and control, not the quickest car for that type of vehicle. For MR, you could use the F094/S, but some people find the F1 cars hard to use.

My friend found that to be the case, although she picked up on the F1 cars handling technique pretty quick.

mr is a good drive train to learn how to use certain cars have diffrent handling so find one that you like and use it

i like the RABRIG NSX JGTC(J) it handles very well and still has plenty of speed

Yeah, or maybe you're using too much horsepower for your MR and FR cars...remember they are among the most powerful in the game.

Back