FH3 Hot Wheels Expansion - Now Available

• Thread starter Justuxful
  • 549 comments
This is probably the last thing I would have guessed... or even asked for. It does look like it could be rather fun though.

Forgive my ignorance, but is this song even in FH3?

Nope. They also used a song that wasn't in the game for the Blizzard Mountain promo video (Mountain at my gate from the Foals) And it wouldn't be in the game because the Gimmes are on Fat Wreck Chords which directly "competes" with Epitaph.

My predictions for FH4's expansions:
Hot_Wheels_Mechanix_4.jpg

Tiki island with active volcano and lava anyone?

hqdefault.jpg

How about we go on THE. FREAKING. MOON!

Or...
390704-hot_002.jpg

SPACE. LITERALLY.

(Seriously, this expansion looks to be awesome and i can't wait to try all sort of things with the tracks. Hopefully my friend will get it too so we can double the fun.)
My memories. Stunt Track Adventure?

Oh my oh my! I almost fell of my chair from the awesomeness of the Hot Wheels expansion. A very nice selection of cars & these gigantic Hot Wheels Roads to drive on! I am looking forward to this very much!

Very much in two minds about this,it's mine already as I bought the expansion pass,yes it looks cool/fun etc but it's not necessary in a game like this.

I don't think Forza needs this, to be honest. Even with Horizon being an Arcade racer, it seems out of place. I will buy it, no doubt about it, but just for the cars. I don't know... Just the thought of driving real cars through loops and other stunt tracks kind of breaks the fantasy of driving those cars "irl" ; you know what I mean?

I don't think Forza needs this, to be honest. Even with Horizon being an Arcade racer, it seems out of place. I will buy it, no doubt about it, but just for the cars. I don't know... Just the thought of driving real cars through loops and other stunt tracks kind of breaks the fantasy of driving those cars "irl" ; you know what I mean?
To be fair, GTA 5 has the same kind of thing. It was jarring for me to watch, but it's the kind of thing you get used to eventually.

Very much in two minds about this,it's mine already as I bought the expansion pass,yes it looks cool/fun etc but it's not necessary in a game like this.

As implied earlier, it's not like the base game is totally innocent in the mindless fun department. Remember how speeding off the air strip towards the hill almost sends most cars flying into orbit? As civilized as the game can feel when driving the roads and dirt trails, the scenario I described above doesn't really break any immersion for me. It's just how the game engine works in favor of playability. Just think about how many skill chains that thrive on crazy stuff like destruction and stunt driving.

Now we have an expansion that takes full advantage of this over the top DNA. I think that's pretty cool, and therefore necessary.

This game is amazing, I had both rc revenge And rc revenge pro.

Yeah! RC Revenge Pro was the best when I was like, 8. Switching from car to boat to car again over the course of a lap was just so cool. Infact, I played it again recently, and it was still really fun.

I'm totally going to need a 90s punk rock playlist for this expansion, because that's what you listened to when you were 8 years old in the early 2000s.

That dinosaur at the end just made it for me! Haha. That dinosaur set the mood and made it look so much cooler

:lol:

Luckily it's part of the expansion pass so sign me up for this! Looks like silly fun but also totally out of place for a FH game.

It would be cool if there were parts you could customise to make your own track.

Also as an alternative to the airport drag strip they should add the Hot Wheels 6 lane speedway.

Which is very popular with YouTube Hot wheelers..

I've been looking for one but for £300 online.

I like Hot Wheels, but not enough that I would spend that money on it.

^ According to the article on the hot wheels expansion it seems only the stunt swap sections can be modified.....

"If you’re looking to get creative, check out the new Stunt Swap feature to modify stunt track sections and dare your friends to try them."

Unfortunately a fully customizable track editor seems nothing more than a pipe dream.

Any chance that some of these Aussie cars make it to Forza Motorsport 6? Because:
047f9e0a5ed452f32a180f69239f58f9.jpg

Oh, and Forza, it's not a slant 6, it's a Hemi 265 6 Pac - a different family of Chrysler straight six engines.

Any chance that some of these Aussie cars make it to Forza Motorsport 6? Because:
047f9e0a5ed452f32a180f69239f58f9.jpg

Oh, and Forza, it's not a slant 6, it's a Hemi 265 6 Pac - a different family of Chrysler straight six engines.

They won't be added to FM6 but it's highly likely they'll be transferred over to FM7 once that comes around.

As implied earlier, it's not like the base game is totally innocent in the mindless fun department. Remember how speeding off the air strip towards the hill almost sends most cars flying into orbit? As civilized as the game can feel when driving the roads and dirt trails, the scenario I described above doesn't really break any immersion for me. It's just how the game engine works in favor of playability. Just think about how many skill chains that thrive on crazy stuff like destruction and stunt driving.

Now we have an expansion that takes full advantage of this over the top DNA. I think that's pretty cool, and therefore necessary.
Yes,I get your point,but we don't need this to turn into a kids toy racer,if I wanted that I would buy the up-coming Micro Machines game,however I am interested in the new cars we have.

I believe people are gonna be very surprised when this drops, unless they changed the physics model for it.

Some people say horizon has lil realism due to extreme engine swaps(which happens irl), bonuses for road damage, and exotics speeding through dirt trails. I play with a wheel and controller. It's night and day guys. If i drive a lowered car in the dirt using a wheel, I can feel through the wheel the car bottoming out. If I use a controller there is a vibration in the triggers.

When I saw the track I thought wow that's gonna be difficult to drive on using a wheel(interior view), but I'm excited to make some dedicated Porsche races and kick the clutch mid loop.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how the tracks will be treated - especially in the loop de loops. Will they feature a "sticky"/"magnetic" surface, or will we be able to fall off them if our speed is not sufficient? And will they actually allow us to reach speeds that low? 'cause I'm pretty sure I saw boost pads in that trailer...

Back