FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments
Interesting format for the event with all the driver swaps but it seemed to work well and Tidgney's side by side battle at RBR had me yelling at the TV. Where's fan boost when you need it?:lol:

To all the participants, congrats for making it to the event and I take my hat off to the winners. Top drawer racing. Great commentary too.:cheers:

Bring on the regional and world finals.:drool:

Thoroughly enjoying watching this event, surprisingly so. Far more professional looking than I thought it would be with some good racing as well.

Congrats to Hungary and also Lightning and Doodle.

I'm now looking forward to watching the regional finals.

From an Australian perspective, Bass_71ckl was clearly the best performer on the night. The TRL aussie was a bit too true to form - genuinely very fast, but also a bit too fond of penalties. I'd given him the benefit of the doubt previously due to his shockingly poor internet connection, always 1 red bar, which couldn't have been the issue here. Whatever hes doing its making him a magnet for penalties. He was doing very good until the penalties came along and destroyed his races. He'll need to be more careful in the regionals to stand a chance.

Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy the Nations Cup as much as I would've liked because of YT chat being classy as usual. Five users ended up on my block list and several others could've joined them had I not shown leniency to 'mild' stupidity and only blocked the worst offenders. The worst was the guy who continued to complain about how grid positions were determined, after being repeatedly told that qualifying happened before the stream. Though the one that was being racist towards Brazilians ran a close second.

Gran Turismo definitely needs to hire some moderators for their stream chat. I want to be able to chat during these streams because it's part of the fun, but this was one of the worst live chats I've been in. Things settled down in time for the Manufacturers, but the whole ordeal left me feeling quite bitter.

A bit of unsolicited advice - dont bother reading that 🤬. On busy streams chat is just a stream of nonsense and anything of any value gets drowned out. And, good luck at the regional.

Seeing someone with 150+ bpm was shocking, especially with how deadpan his face looked. I'd be keeling over with that heart rate.

Some great race faces too. Memorable gurning going on.:lol:

150bpm is definitely stressed considering resting HR is around 60 for most people. Unfit people could definitely have issues with having a HR this high for too long.

I was more shocked by the players who had HRs in the 90s mid game. They were just completely taking this in their stride with hardly any stress at all.

I went to a wedding yesterday and missed it, as well as the FIA races. I'll try to watch it later in the afternoon. From all the feedback, it must be a great stream / race.

Can't wait the guys to report their impressions here.

It was sad that our german team was uneven. As far as I can tell, Richly seemed to stay below his skills and Marco wasn't competitive enough that day unfortunately.

@TRL LIGHTNING couldn't do it all alone. For Nations, he took behind Fuvaros the second fast time in qualification of all drivers, but Marco took only 35th and Richly wasn't very well either.
According to the rules, the average of this 3 times, which automaticly wasn't good therefore, decided the starting position in the first Nations race, and, much more important, the car choice. So they started in bad cars from bad positions.

In the final race, where everybody had the same car, Lightning started from last position and even he was ramed off during his stint, he handed the car to Marco at 4th position over. Not only this, because he extended his stint, the second stint was with tire advantage for the germans.
After all it was not enough, but at least we managed to finish in that race in 7th position (as far as I remember).

I was so glad, that afterwards Mikail (Lightning) got the chance to show his skills in Manufacturers and won it together with his teammate @Doodle.

And I liked watching our community members @Tidgney, @ZokyCRO and @mthomas_95 having also a successful event

Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy the Nations Cup as much as I would've liked because of YT chat being classy as usual. Five users ended up on my block list and several others could've joined them had I not shown leniency to 'mild' stupidity and only blocked the worst offenders. The worst was the guy who continued to complain about how grid positions were determined, after being repeatedly told that qualifying happened before the stream. Though the one that was being racist towards Brazilians ran a close second.

Gran Turismo definitely needs to hire some moderators for their stream chat. I want to be able to chat during these streams because it's part of the fun, but this was one of the worst live chats I've been in. Things settled down in time for the Manufacturers, but the whole ordeal left me feeling quite bitter.

Honestly it's not GT's fault,youtube comments should die in a fire,the platform is too toxic and it's only going to get worse.

yes but i was always better like this 2 guys!!
But maybe i am to old with 39.
Get to Register but then no answer any more from Polyphone!

The was not under the best 200???
What exactly do yo mean? Are you Austrian, amongst top 30 or at least have been better placed than the other 2 Austrian Guys yet not being invited due to your Age?
If that’s true, i‘ll completely stop playing GT Sports.
#noheart4geezers

150bpm is definitely stressed considering resting HR is around 60 for most people. Unfit people could definitely have issues with having a HR this high for too long.

I was more shocked by the players who had HRs in the 90s mid game. They were just completely taking this in their stride with hardly any stress at all.

Wonder if that could be something to worry in these events,racing is stressful even in videogames,nobody wants a driver to start feeling sick in the middle of a live event.

Wonder if that could be something to worry in these events,racing is stressful even in videogames,nobody wants a driver to start feeling sick in the middle of a live event.

IMHO, 150bpm isn't really that high and a reasonably healthy person should be able to sustain this for a whole 20min race no problem at all.

But, hey what the 🤬 do i know, I hope they make them sign waivers as the organisers have no way of knowing how fit or healthy these players are and its unreasable for anyone to think they should. I would really hope that any players who start to feel ill stop playing immediately. Its just a game after all.

Last edited:
PD should display current incident points before being DNF...a collision will register some number, thats why people being DNF after rammed several times

great performance by the Hungarian team. Fuvaros is known for his extraordinary race pace, but I think Benito-Raul and Adam18 were even quicker in the live event than in online seasons. Their hard work provided them that 1st place. France may be the best nation right now in GT Sport, and they showed what theyre made of with that 2nd place. Unexpected podium for us Spaniards. Talked to the guys before racing and they didnt expect to do it better than Giorgio´s Italy, Tidgney´s UK or Japan.

As well as in the Nurburgring May event, I think the selection procedure of every driver was good but not the perfect one. Back in May drivers were chosen specially by their dedication to the game as PD looked for 75k SR players. Now they put their attention on FIA seasons 1 & 2 point results, which is good, for me even better than back in May GT World Tour. The problem is they don´t realy specify what they´re rating: season 1, 2, both, nations, manufacturers, both (?). And as always say, the drivers that got selected deserve to go to this kind of live events, but maybe other drivers from their respective countries deserve it arguably even more. I think that´s the case for Igor Fraga (IOF-Racing) in Brazil, Coque López (Williams_Coque14) in Spain... they did perfect nations seasons 1 and 2 and didnt get a chance to go there. Also, the main problem of PD´s method on both events has been not warning the players on the ways they were going to choose the participants: both 75k and official fia seasons results respectively. That´s why for me this method keeps being a little arbitrary. You know this method is not as good as it can be when for Nur TRL_LIGHTNING wasnt selected.

Does anyone know if the format for the regional final for the Nation Cup is the same as it was for the World Tour event in Salzburg?

There are some single people who qualified for their country. Will they combine the countries with one or two players?

I bet it's for a future update, it'll be good to see penalties served on track rather than at the finish line
Yea it was a really good idea, means that penalties have an actual effect on the race, drivers serving penalties end up battling where they should be battling, it rewards penalty free driving rather than it being a race to just before the finishing line and seeing who can deplete the penalties quickest.

I really do hope that its rolled out.

Yea it was a really good idea, means that penalties have an actual effect on the race, drivers serving penalties end up battling where they should be battling, it rewards penalty free driving rather than it being a race to just before the finishing line and seeing who can deplete the penalties quickest.

I really do hope that its rolled out.

The only slight problem is it fully slams your brakes on at the penalty marker, meaning if you have a very small 0.4 penalty or something its going to manifest into losing much more time than that due to the momentum loss.

Its a really good idea, but the penalty values and strictness might need tweaking a bit to ensure it doesn't completely crush your race for running slightly wide or something.

The only slight problem is it fully slams your brakes on at the penalty marker, meaning if you have a very small 0.4 penalty or something its going to manifest into losing much more time than that due to the momentum loss.

Its a really good idea, but the penalty values and strictness might need tweaking a bit to ensure it doesn't completely crush your race for running slightly wide or something.

Very true. The slowing down should be active at over >1 sec or so AND the penaltie size for track limits should be adjusted.

Then rather give penalties for what laptime may have been gained, which already doesn’t work, (Ive been getting some whoppers on St Croix in practice as if I’ve just gained 2.5 sec in laptime), just give an all encompassing penalty for track limits, after a warning possibly.

What an event! PD/Sony went up even more levels from Nurburgring event, it was ridiculously good. They looked after everybody ridiculously well, like even above and beyond what you would expect... Even funnier, we were all hungry on Friday night, so Kaz ordered like 50 Big Macs (Not sure of the exact number but bearing mind there's 37 of us + some staff at the hotel). You could tell they weren't prep'd the chips weren't the greatest but to even do that was like Whhaaaatttt, I had 2 big Macs ;), I was hungry (This was midnight/1am as well)!

Thanks anyone and everyone who supported me or any other driver or the event itself. Seems liked you enjoyed it (I'm going to watch it now, and watch the rest tomorrow as it's near bed time). I'll obviously do what I did last time with videos and stuff but here's a brief summary of my racing, as others will want to put their view across on their races :)!

Qualifying was Yamagiwa in xbows, with BoP on and comfort Softs. An interesting combination to be honest obviously the chicane was where the major time was and I know that's where my time loss was. Some unbelievable times came in though across the board and times were ridiculously close, so fair play to everyone!

Nations was interesting... I really don't like the N### races mainly due to the fact the BoP is and always will be all over the place. We got to pick cars based on the qualifying order so GB were number 5. When it came to my choice, I saw the pantera and my heart wanted that but saw the R34 hadn't been taken either and I know how well that did last time so went with that.... Except it turned out to be slow on the straights... RIDICULOUSLY slow on the straights in fact. I think the Corvette was the quickest on the straights and that could pull nearly a second on me I'm sure on that pit straight. The R34 is obviously better out of corners but at Fuji it really was an Achilles heel. I did my best and got P6, even though I felt like I was in a different race. Had a good race with Eric though as we were both in the same boat, and also a good race with lightning who was trying to be a the new DK. Mthomas then did very well in the gr.1 race and same with Zoky. We're still not sure why we got the penalty as Zoky said there was no contact, but I don't believe the camera angle was good (I'd gone to the toilet between the race finish and seeing points so was confused) so maybe they believed there was? Not sure but we have to accept it as you're not allowed to protest.

The final was crazy, obviously a lot of slipstream but it was great fun. Zoky did a superb job getting us into a primary position, and mthomas then had a bloody good stint as well! We came out after all this in P2 behind the french! So initially wanted a couple of laps getting used to the car, which I did.. Then started to try make some moves to see if I could get anywhere. At this point Hungary were miles away which was one of the reasons I did this. After a few laps of racing getting 1st, dropped back again, suddenly Hungary were 1.5 seconds behind I was like WTF... I think there were 2 laps to go so I was hoping to try get by quick and try to escape as Hungary joined in. I think it was the start of the last lap, I was unsure what to do into turn 1... hold back and go for the move at t2 or go for it. Decided to try in the hope that France would pull out as 2 wide at turn 1 is hard and if I have the inside before the braking they might give it up. They didn't though, was slight contact but was all fair! I mean how often do you see 2 wide into turn 1 and both survive :lol:? Unbelievable driving honestly, then attacking Hungary after t2 I decided to try round the outside similar to Zoky but this time the tyres weren't having it so unfortunately didn't get it. I didn't know how close the points were until after the Manufacturers race when we were 2 points of p2 and 1 of p3!! Unfortunate, but that's racing, someone has to come 4th and it was us today. Great job to everyone, especially the podium folks! Bloody good racing.

To the Manufacturers event. PUG POWER came through in the Manufactures :D! You've no idea how happy I am for that, sort of compensation for the Manufacturer series top 24 at interlagos. @DrAug was unbelievable in both the first stints. The Maggiore GP II race was a bit weird, we had a good first stint but one interesting thing at the event was a random timer applied to each pit stop up to 2 seconds (So 1 car could have 0 applied and the other 2 additional seconds), and I think we got the full 2 seconds which is why we came out so far behind again. Then at Redbull ring, Augh did an amazing job with the battles getting us to P2, and was keeping with Lightning! 2nd stint I initially put in a fast lap on my 3rd lap but saw I only gained a tenth (Lost some time on the 1st/2nd lap) but realised quickly that I have to race smart here... Doodles in the car and I know the Nissan is faster anyway as Doodle mentioned his optimum earlier, so thought 2nd is still a bloody good result so went safe so my times dropped by between .3 - .5. Eric in the Dodge started putting in some absolutely bonkos laps so was aware the gap was coming down (I made a mistake on 1 lap to) but just made sure to have 0 mistakes, drive safe (So 70/80%) and reap the rewards... and we did! SOOOO Happy with that! Congratulations to everyone again who raced in this series, was great fun and great job to Lightning and Doodle on the win!!

It really was great to meet and see everyone, and also new faces from other parts of the world like Brazil, Honk Kong, Australia and Japan. Nations you wouldn't normally see, and once again so friendly and just a good load of fun! Really great meeting everyone, thanks for making the trip extra special!

As I say I'll be doing a few videos, as I recorded a lot and I'd like to do what I did last time with the analysis!

P.S. Having a camera man film you and interview through Salzberg is hilarious, everyone was looking at me.. probably thinking.. "Who the hell is this guy" :lol: :lol: was so funny.

Fantastic event, I'm really happy to witness all of it :D Shame for the italians, thay clearly had the possibilities for a podium in the nations cup, but Cristian screwed up really bad in his single race and then in the final :( But it was still fun :lol: I'm waiting for the protagonists to post something here to know the feelings after all of this, especially a certain english guy who will be in ecstasy after successfully take the PUG train in the podium :sly:

I was on some crazy ass high after that, you have no idea haha :D! Was ridiculously good, felt so good to finally get something with the PUG!

I like that penalty zone thing that was good. I wish we could get some longer races like that in sport mode. Would be good if they could implement team racing too, as you enter the lobby you get randomly paired or something?

The penalty zone I think is an absolutely brilliant idea to be honest! I'm a massive fan of it, as I know a few others were. It means Penalties actually are penalties and not something to drop at the end. It also can really punish you on occasions so maybe that needs to be looked at but at least this could potentially stop random ghosting!

Congratulation @Doodle & @TRL LIGHTNING on winning the manufacturers cup. You guys managed to not bottle it like I did at the first world tour.
Also great job @Tidgney @ @DrAug to get the Pug to 2nd on a track with so many straights

Cheers mate, for sure down the straights we were so slow haha! Through the handling section the car was amazing but you could see us losing 3/4 tenths easy on the fast bits!

Thanks PD for the invitation! Even as spectator it was a fantastic event. #kazdancinggod

Was nice to meet you mate :D! Glad you enjoyed it!

And I liked watching our community members @Tidgney, @ZokyCRO and @mthomas_95 having also a successful event

Cheers Krypton :)!

Last edited:
Back