FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments
The major problem is tire wear. The Bettle seems to be si kind with his tirés but VW won't be a serious competitor so nobody will care.
MR cars are sooooo brutal with rear tires. How could a x15 be possible for Honda, Ferrari and Citroën ?

The major problem is tire wear. The Bettle seems to be si kind with his tirés but VW won't be a serious competitor so nobody will care.
MR cars are sooooo brutal with rear tires. How could a x15 be possible for Honda, Ferrari and Citroën ?

Its x2 ;)

Looks like they are empathising the team aspect of the Manufacturers Series after all instead of using Salzburg as a blueprint. So I'm going to take a blind stab that this qualifying session is a long one that requires all three drivers to set a lap time, based on what we know so far (mclaren not mad for once, Chevrolet having three good drivers, one hour race).

Last edited:
Well, the combo isn't fully public yet so I won't be the one spilling it

But apparently Manufacturers is 1 single endurance race at a track... most people will not like... WITH qualifying.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty happy right now ;)

If mclaren is happy that probably means Le Mans. Press F to pay respects to;

Dodge
Porsche
Mitsubishi
Ferrari
Subaru
Renault

5f20cafc56ab22fc45e2dbc3e5a02ec6x.jpg

But apparently Manufacturers is 1 single endurance race at a track... most people will not like... WITH qualifying.

So you guys in the Manufacturer series have already gotten your race schedule?

All I'll say is I'm happy with Manufacturers, been pretty successful around the track ;)

Nothing terrible jumping out at first glance for Nations either 👍

Just like the Nurburgring event back in May,i like this alot.

All I'll say is I'm happy with Manufacturers.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Updated the 2nd choice, and it seems that Ayumu doesn't want to be in the World Finals as a protest to the Viper's nerf. He sees it as a way to let Nissan win.
Is that really the only reason Ayumu isn't going? This will be such a big event, with good food, fun parties, and a chance to meet other top drivers in GTS, and they refuse the invitation simply because their car is (apparently) bad? That's a very petty and unsportsmanlike reason that shows a severe lack of perspective in my opinion. What was even the point in participating for Dodge? Did they expect total victory?
He's not wrong... but he's doing it wrong. What team Dodge needs to do is show up, and only then collectively refuse to race if the BoP isn't fixed. That'll send more of a message to PD, and the world if they do end up not racing, than not making the trip at all. Team Ferrari should also consider this tactic; a multi-team protest will be more effective than just one.
If this actually happens, I imagine it's going to look incredibly disrespectful for everyone on the outside looking in- that is to say, all the other drivers that tried to get the top spot in their manufacturer but couldn't. If the Honda drivers refused to participate just because the BoP wasn't in their favor, I'd be very frustrated because I worked hard trying to get my spot in the Manufacturers' Final, and whether or not my car was competetive at the live event wouldn't have mattered to me nearly as much as getting to the live event in the first place.

I really think the finalists should just take what they're given (or in the Manufacturers' case, what they've chosen), go for it, and try to have fun. Causing drama over BoP by refusing to race would just be ridiculous in my opinion.

EDIT: Thanks mods, wasn't sure how to change the blue text on my first bit. 👍

Last edited:
@Timlour Both ayumu-san and me have our personal reasons for not coming, BOP was just one of them and may infact be changed before live event, it's currently under revision by the dev team when it comes to Dodge.

I am sure the event will be special with some surprises as well, and a lot of fun of course. Enjoy the experience all that are going and give us a good show!

@kjeldsen Please crawl back into the hole where you came from!

P. S I also made sure that my replacement is more than a decent one.(not 9th guy on the leaderboard and miles of the pace) OvrD_Thunder98 will do good just as me and I feel very happy for giving him the chance to experience something like this.

Last edited:
@Timlour Both ayumu-san and me have our personal reasons for not coming, BOP was just one of them and may infact be changed before live event, it's currently under revision by the dev team when it comes to Dodge.

I am sure the event will be special with some surprises as well, and a lot of fun of course. Enjoy the experience all that are going and give us a good show!
Understandable, as long as BoP isn't the only reason.

I have always said with each car having different strengths and weaknesses in different areas that certain tracks reward or exploit more than others.

Unless the racing includes racing a series on different tracks that all cars have strong venues and weak venues then for the BoP to fair amongst the racers of different cars that due to rules are locked into that same brand of car, one off races that do not include a series of tracks such as single one off races need to have the BoP to be set for each car for individual track to balance the cars evenly on that circuit.

Otherwise the results of a Championship can questioned to be pre determined to favor either certain car brands or certain drivers by having such championship race to be held on a track that favors that car or drivers vehicle traits and BoP characteristics.

I always thought even in normal daily sport mode races that balancing the BoP on a per track basis would help alleviate the certain tracks turn into one make races.

If the championship is a one race and one event affair then all cars should have BoP settings that result in basically equal overall race distance times across all make of cars to entered.

Latest Posts

Back