FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments
I hope that for the 2019 Season we will get a real PD/CONSOLE experience with ingame spectacting ala the current replay features and commentary to go along with the race. To some extent the current form is very old fashioned and the production is very similar to what we see on the TV and the possibilities of the platform is not being used. To take GTS as esport to the next level PD should take advantage of the internet the consoles and the games engine and produce something truly spectacular.

Imagine watching a complete race in car with Cookie Lightning or the Speed Demon from Brazil? or being able to follow a complete race with your nation favorite driver? The possibilities would be endless.

I think that's very hard to do,for that to happen they would need people to watch it on the Gran Turismo site because i'm sure Twitch and Youtube doesn't support that kind of thing.

Dsc4YCXWsAAzWzQ.jpg

I never know I want a jacket so much until I seeing this image

Dsc4YCXWsAAzWzQ.jpg

I never know I want a jacket so much until I seeing this image

All regional final winners in the same Team,racing in the Manufacturer's Cup and seeing the Nissan in the rear view mirror must be quite scary :lol:
These guys looking more factory than I did when I drove from them! haha. Would be great to see more manufacturer involvement like this though and really give the manufacturers and their drivers the support to promote everything at a higher level.

I think Mercedes might dive in on the GT Sport hype next year,they already have a presence at the F1 Esports and Hamilton is part of GTSport

Renlo laddos,

Thought I'd reply to a couple of things in this thread + give some of my own thoughts.

- Issues with us "playing off" cars who had suffered contact as under performing.

Chris and I commentate on the PGM screen which is identical to what you guys see on the stream. We very rarely get any additional info from production (likely because they're busy making things not go bang) so we only really have the info we're given before the stream + what we can see in the moment. This means we miss stuff sometimes, especially when we're focusing on a battle towards the front of the field. A possible fix for this would be to have someone in our ears giving us info constantly, but that can be fairly distracting tbh.

- Incorrect calling of tyre strategy

This one is easy. We were given the wrong info. As alot of you know, we're given a mini briefing booklet before each show that highlights rules/cars/tracks. The one we had for Interlagos was wrong, so :shrug:

- Lack of a bigger live audience

I guess this has to do with the location. Getting a hotel in/around Monaco isn't cheap!

- My thoughts

I was very fortunate to be involved with the Gran Turismo live events since the World Tour event at the Nurburgring. The progress from that event in terms of production has been staggering. You have to remember that the GT guys have done nothing like this before, so there were gonna be some teething problems.

For me the journey has been amazing. It re-ignited my passion for commentary, allowed me to meet some of my personal heroes and got me involved with a passionate community of online racers. I very much hope that I'll get the chance to be around for whatever happens next year <3

Renlo laddos,

Thought I'd reply to a couple of things in this thread + give some of my own thoughts.

- Issues with us "playing off" cars who had suffered contact as under performing.

Chris and I commentate on the PGM screen which is identical to what you guys see on the stream. We very rarely get any additional info from production (likely because they're busy making things not go bang) so we only really have the info we're given before the stream + what we can see in the moment. This means we miss stuff sometimes, especially when we're focusing on a battle towards the front of the field. A possible fix for this would be to have someone in our ears giving us info constantly, but that can be fairly distracting tbh.

This one is easy. We were given the wrong info. As alot of you know, we're given a mini briefing booklet before each show that highlights rules/cars/tracks. The one we had for Interlagos was wrong, so :shrug:

I guess this has to do with the location. Getting a hotel in/around Monaco isn't cheap!

- My thoughts

I was very fortunate to be involved with the Gran Turismo live events since the World Tour event at the Nurburgring. The progress from that event in terms of production has been staggering. You have to remember that the GT guys have done nothing like this before, so there were gonna be some teething problems.

For me the journey has been amazing. It re-ignited my passion for commentary, allowed me to meet some of my personal heroes and got me involved with a passionate community of online racers. I very much hope that I'll get the chance to be around for whatever happens next year <3

Jimmy, you were excellent for all the events I've seen. Good commentary is so important and you guys nailed it (also @Tom !)...

Racing e-sports have a bright future.

These guys looking more factory than I did when I drove from them! haha. Would be great to see more manufacturer involvement like this though and really give the manufacturers and their drivers the support to promote everything at a higher level.
I suspect that we'll get more manufacturers involved next year. After the podium ceremony we were asked to film a small message for Aston Martin. I have no idea what they plan to do with it but I hope it wasn't for nothing. @SkyPikmin mentioned that he might be doing something with Lexus as well.
Williams are also getting very involved in the esport side signing a lot of top drivers and I suspect more big name teams will follow since its so cheap compared to real motorsports

- My thoughts

I can't imagine you not being invited back for future events. You've been doing a great job with the commentary along with all the other guys. You also bring a fair amount of views from your youtube channel. You've even got your own series on the channel (Jimmy meets) which none of the other commentators have.

So since nobody has asked yet..
What were the grand prizes?
The grand prize was a bronze replica of "Unique Forms of Continuity in Space" - like it's always been - for each driver, and I think a TAG Heuer watch too (I know Fraga got one, but I wasn't paying attention during the Manufacturer's presentation because I was writing the insane last two laps of the race report).

And the drivers will head to St. Petersburg to collect the trophies (again) at the FIA Prize Giving event.

Contracts anyone?
Contracts for what?

Renlo laddos,

- My thoughts

Thanks Jimmer, seamless commentary by both of you on a not so seamless visual stream (and incorrect info booklet).
A job well done not just in Monaco but for the whole year. 👍

Renlo laddos,

- My thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to come and give insight to what went on behind the scenes Jimmy. It would be good if PD had a lot of the streamers/Youtubers there who may have done it for themselves, collect their vids for behind the scenes from many perspectives. That is if they were allowed to 'film', or indeed had the time to. I enjoyed Tidgney's vid from a previous event.

I hope PD expand on what they have done this year, and I hope that they take you with them. ;) Mistake for them not to imho. :)

Btw, I watched your Vlog on the your GTR 24 Hours of Le Mans Experience last night and really enjoyed it. 👍

Renlo laddos,

- My thoughts

You can certainly take pride you're performance Jimmer. You guys were excellent all year! You are the voice of GTS.

A job very well done sir :bowdown:

It's a question of streaming the game data to the consoles and then watch the race on the consoles. Aka spectator mode. What we watched on the stream was a video signal this is something completely different and has nothing to do with twitch and YouTube.

I was talking about having the options to change between drivers on the fly,like choosing to watch Lightning's POV then changing to Igor's car.

It's a question of streaming the game data to the consoles and then watch the race on the consoles. Aka spectator mode. What we watched on the stream was a video signal this is something completely different and has nothing to do with twitch and YouTube.
Can be done

Option 1
-----------
Each console have their own ps4 remote playback on PC and stream using OBS windows capture

Option 2
------------
Gran turismo sport need to deploy ip based video tx using Newtek NDI ( 1080p 60f over 10G network ) and using digital swicther to switch the scene

Contracts for what?

Probably the rumoured Driver Contract in order to race in the real world.

This. Maybe there's an NDA (non-disclosure) going on, or there's still some finalizing... Either way I hope more doors opening up towards proffesional outlets for the winners, because there's certainly real world potential talent there.

Congrats to the winners.

Back