FIA Gran Turismo Championship 2018 Season 2

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 11 comments
Austria
Austria
sa.jpg

sa1.jpg sa2.jpg

From July 4th to the 28th, we will be hosting the FIA Gran Turismo Championships 2018 Series Season 2.
The effective points for the season will be calculated from the top 4 rounds out of 8 rounds in total.

In Season 2, there will be a “Top 24 Superstars” race held on rounds 4 and 8 of both the Nations Cup and the Manufacturer series.

The matching for the “Top 24 Superstars” on rounds 4 and 8 will be by point rankings. Please note that the matching for the round 4 Top 24 Superstars will be performed by the total points from rounds 1, 2, and 3.

Star player registration from Season 1 will begin from July 2.

[ IMPORTANT ]
After the end of Season 2, top players who fulfill the prerequisites based on the final results of Season 2 will receive a notice regarding Star Player Registration through the in-game Sport Mode and through the “GT Sport Community” of gran-turismo.com.
By registering a profile according to the details of the notification, the player can compete in the Final Season of the Championships as a Star Player (with an “S” Driver Rating).

For more details regarding the 'FIA Gran Turismo Championships' and the 'Star Player' system, please refer to “The FIA Gran Turismo Championship” article at the official gran-turismo.com website.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1819653.html

US: Nations Cup Hosting Hours (All days): 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00. (It is possible to participate in only one of these races)

US: Manufacturer Series Hosting Hours (All days): 15:10, 16:10, 17:10, 18:10, 19:10. (It is possible to participate in only one of these races)

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1819653.html

EU: Nations Cup Starting time for each race, every day: 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00. Please notice that players may enter and participate in only one (1) of these races per day.

EU: Manufacturer Series Starting time for each race, every day: 17:10, 18:10, 19:10, 20:10, 21:10. Please notice that players may enter and participate in only one (1) of these races per day.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1819653.html

Last edited:
I was hoping for a 2 week holiday pause... I mean all 3 seasons during summer with no pause? It’s when people want to do stuff outside, go to sea or something.. not just practice GTS every other day. Hopefully there is a pause is August.

We were given the dates in the original message about the 2018 season so it was clear to me from the beginning that
there would be races each week from June through to August/September.

Liking the track selection for Season 2 so hopefully I can have some decent results since I know most of the tracks.

I don't know what they were thinking by putting the first race on July 4th, one of the biggest holidays in the USA. People are not going to be playing GTS that day, they're going to be outside partying and watching fireworks, and 50% of the people that do show up to race will be drunk.

I don't know what they were thinking by putting the first race on July 4th, one of the biggest holidays in the USA. People are not going to be playing GTS that day, they're going to be outside partying and watching fireworks, and 50% of the people that do show up to race will be drunk.
Got the day off, so enough time to do both races. Possibility of easier points with less or intoxicated competition.

That sounds perfec......umm, I mean that's horrible! Let's boycott the races on the 4th and spend time away from silly video games! ;)

I got a pop-up on Sport Mode to register as a Star Player, but when I clicked on the blue icon to proceed to registration, nothing happened. I kept clicking on it but it didnt do anything. Thinking the pop-up was unresponsive I clicked on close and, of course, the pop-up went and closed. I had checked off "dont show this again" because I didnt think I would need the pop-up again, and now I have no way to get it back.

Now how am I supposed to register to be a Star Player? Somebody please tell me I didn't just screw myself over. :ouch:

I got a pop-up on Sport Mode to register as a Star Player, but when I clicked on the blue icon to proceed to registration, nothing happened. I kept clicking on it but it didnt do anything. Thinking the pop-up was unresponsive I clicked on close and, of course, the pop-up went and closed. I had checked off "dont show this again" because I didnt think I would need the pop-up again, and now I have no way to get it back.

Now how am I supposed to register to be a Star Player? Somebody please tell me I didn't just screw myself over. :ouch:
Try registering from the website

I've done maybe 2 races from prior seasons of the FIA championships (back when they didn't even have tire/fuel wear). I'm looking at the track/car selections for season 2 and I'm very interested in taking part in it. I heard most of the driving assists have been taken out, what's all that's left. I still use the ABS and TCS x2. Are those still allowed?

I've done maybe 2 races from prior seasons of the FIA championships (back when they didn't even have tire/fuel wear). I'm looking at the track/car selections for season 2 and I'm very interested in taking part in it. I heard most of the driving assists have been taken out, what's all that's left. I still use the ABS and TCS x2. Are those still allowed?
Yup, TCS and ABS are the only assists allowed now

Back