FIA Gran Turismo Online Championship World Finals Broadcast This Weekend

• Thread starter Famine
  • 33 comments
Where can this be viewed? I'm on vacation this week and would like to watch a bit of it if I can.
We will post up an article each day containing the stream - and you can either play it as an embed in the article or click out to open it on GTTV's YouTube. The stream links themselves are not available yet.

Last edited:
:)

Attachments

• now that's what i call cap.jpg
    now that's what i call cap.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 19
Makes sense, hope they get back to live events next year assuming it's safe to do so :)

I wonder if this weekend we'll see that swanky virtual set again like last year.

Poor Solis has been left behind on the Expressway - the least suitable track the Gr.3 WRX could've been matched with today (so far). Hoping to see a technical circuit come up soon so that the Scoobies can still have a fair chance of fighting. Some insane 4-way battles near the front, though.

UPDATE: Looks like Miyazono's on it! 12th to 8th already on the first lap around the Nürburgring 24H loop.

Last edited:
Have to say it was a pleasant surprise seeing both of the modern Ford GTs appear as car choices for the final two races. Brilliant strategy call by Beauvois even if things came a bit unstuck on the final lap!

@SSAuto Porsche's official VGT video is now live in case you missed it earlier:

Last edited:
Now this point isn't to take away from the fact that the drivers have done a good job, but there's something about the Toyota & Mazda Gr.3's that is beyond BoP to fix, but gives both a distinct advantage. This advantage is why the Supra specifically has become by far the most popular car in the league racing circles I'm associated in.

I'm sure that this has been known by some for a long time, but it's to do with the cars power bands. Take a look at the blue line specifically in each image (apologies for quality).

Mercedes AMG GT3
20211205_163217-1.jpg

Peugeot RCZ Gr.3
20211205_163251-1.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3
20211205_163344-1.jpg

Note how the blue line reaches a peak generally towards the end of the rev range, then falls off. This is a common thing for the majority of Group 3 cars.

Toyota Supra Gr.3
20211205_163117-1.jpg

Mazda RX-Vision Gr.3
20211205_163553-1.jpg

Note how for these cars there's a relatively flat section on the power curve. This means that they are at a higher power through significantly more of the rev range. Not only does this have an effect on acceleration, but it can be used especially in the Supra's case to short-shift to save fuel without losing any time. That's why it's beyond BoP to fix. Whether Polyphony did this deliberately as a sneaky way to give their "official partners" a bit of a leg-up I don't know, but it is a bit suspicious. The Mazda might have something to do with how a rotary engine makes its power, I'm no expert on those. But in the Toyota's case it's almost like it runs on diesel (torque aside).

Peugeot 908 HDi (a diesel LMP)
20211205_163904-1.jpg

I hope that this can be fixed in GT7, because it's an absolute nightmare to work around in leagues. It's not like either are actual real-life racecars, just concepts, so Polyphony can change them if they wanted.

Last edited:
GT World Final >> Real life F1. 👍

Less manufactured drama. Better competitor conduct. Better flow to the race without constant interruption.

Congrats to Gallo!! So deserving. So consistent.

Love his convo with Hamilton. What a surprise.

Last edited:
Hi! I watched this one, LIVE. Well done Valerio! 🙂👍 If it’s possible, in the future, avoid using spoiler titles, please! Thank you! :cheers:

Back