FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments
They even wanted to limit ABS to weak, but didn't follow through on that because you can't create a lobby that 'limits' a certain assist

Also, those of us using the DS4 were originally going to have to wear the racing gloves whilst holding it. I made it clear that this was impossible and that it would force me to use the T-GT.

Sounds really like they are trying everything to ruin the competitors day. Nobody has experiences with ABS weak, what would've been the point?

At least they didn't force you to wear the darkest possible sunglasses to make you see only where the display is.

How did they determine the three blocks this time?
To me it looks like they've taken the top 30 drivers and gone:

A1
B2
C3
C4
B5
A6

A7
B8
C9
C10
B11
A12

And so on. In fact the groupings look like this:

1 GTP_Aderrrm A GB
2 TRL_Fuvaros B HUN
3 Jomas_74 C FRA
4 TRL_MANURODRY C ESP
5 RC_Atho B FRA
6 maatu79 A FIN

7 GTA_Tidgney A GB
8 JIM_Azorean_Fat B POR
9 RC_Snake91 C FRA
10 Alexony94 C ESP
11 garasa-91 B ITA
12 VP_Bellof956 A DEU

13 RC_Zoky88 A GB
14 TX3_Adam18 B HUN
15 TRL_LIGHTNING C DEU
16 Williams_Coque14 C ESP
17 Kenni3390 B DEN
18 Giorgio_57 A ITA

19 TX3_Popsu A POL
27 MathieuCollin B DEN
29 VP_RaceFace C DEU
33 GT_BOCA_SINZU C BEL
37 pcm_stj B POR
40 Wind-Steve14 A BEL

41 Benito-Raul A HUN
43 LorD-ProtectoR99 B SVK
45 nussini95 C AUT
47 Endless_GTExD C ITA
53 ApexCrisYT B DEN
56 MuZZleToD A RUS

Edit: By rank of players attending, that would give each Block a mean rank of 15.5. By Nations Cup Final Round rank, that actually gives Block A a mean rank of 21.3, Block B a mean rank of 21.7 and Block C a mean rank of 21.1 - so if you want to qualify in the first race, Block B will be easiest and Block C will be hardest... in theory.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see the heart rhythms of the finalists in a competitive race with several X2014 in a new version of Citta di Aria.

Instant traffic jam.

Also, those of us using the DS4 were originally going to have to wear the racing gloves whilst holding it.

This is such a bizarre rule that i could totally see PD thinking it was a good idea only them could think "yeah racing gloves with a controller,the controller function as a wheel so the gloves should be used"

Now i'm curious,those who used the DS4 could use motion controls instead of the analog sticks?

Last edited:
Japanese version :

X2014 (当日公開): It means "released on the day" thanks to Google Translate, so I guess no news about the new track before Saturday.
slDfMbT.gif

A1
B2
C3
C4
B5
A6

A7
B8
C9
C10
B11
A12

1 GTP_Aderrrm A GB
2 TRL_Fuvaros B HUN
3 Jomas_74 C FRA
4 TRL_MANURODRY C ESP
5 RC_Atho B FRA
6 maatu79 A FIN

7 GTA_Tidgney A GB
8 JIM_Azorean_Fat B POR
9 RC_Snake91 C FRA
10 Alexony94 C ESP
11 garasa-91 B ITA
12 VP_Bellof956 A DEU

13 RC_Zoky88 A GB
14 TX3_Adam18 B HUN
15 TRL_LIGHTNING C DEU
17 Kenni3390 B DEN
18 Giorgio_57 A ITA

19 TX3_Popsu A POL
27 MathieuCollin B DEN
29 VP_RaceFace C DEU
33 GT_BOCA_SINZU C BEL
37 pcm_stj B POR
40 Wind-Steve14 A BEL

41 Benito-Raul A HUN
45 nussini95 C AUT
47 Endless_GTExD C ITA
53 ApexCrisYT B DEN
56 MuZZleToD A RUS

Edit: By rank of players attending, that would give each Block a mean rank of 15.5. By Nations Cup Final Round rank, that actually gives Block A a mean rank of 21.3, Block B a mean rank of 21.7 and Block C a mean rank of 21.1 - so if you want to qualify in the first race, Block B will be easiest and Block C will be hardest... in theory.
Nice, I had a feeling it would go ABCABC but ABCCBA is a good way to make the mean rank as even as possible. However, it is possible that PD wanted to place as many racers from the same country in one block as possible (just like in Tokyo) so played around with "fair" distributions until they got what they wanted. Which is fair enough, they can do what they want and should make it consistent if they started that way in Tokyo.

On the odd choices of car and track combos - they are really testing your range of skill in the game, sure some combos might not be as popular as others but it's not the Nations Cup Gr. 3 Championship, it's the Gran Turismo Championship so you need to able to handle anything and everything. (Which is where I went wrong in my repechage race not knowing how much throttle to give it in the NSX out of the hairpins at Tsukuba. About halfway through the race I realised the answer was full, not a quarter :banghead: :dunce:)

A1
B2
C3
C4
B5
A6

A7
B8
C9
C10
B11
A12

1 GTP_Aderrrm A GB
2 TRL_Fuvaros B HUN
3 Jomas_74 C FRA
4 TRL_MANURODRY C ESP
5 RC_Atho B FRA
6 maatu79 A FIN

7 GTA_Tidgney A GB
8 JIM_Azorean_Fat B POR
9 RC_Snake91 C FRA
10 Alexony94 C ESP
11 garasa-91 B ITA
12 VP_Bellof956 A DEU

13 RC_Zoky88 A GB
14 TX3_Adam18 B HUN
15 TRL_LIGHTNING C DEU
17 Kenni3390 B DEN
18 Giorgio_57 A ITA

19 TX3_Popsu A POL
27 MathieuCollin B DEN
29 VP_RaceFace C DEU
33 GT_BOCA_SINZU C BEL
37 pcm_stj B POR
40 Wind-Steve14 A BEL

41 Benito-Raul A HUN
45 nussini95 C AUT
47 Endless_GTExD C ITA
53 ApexCrisYT B DEN
56 MuZZleToD A RUS

Pretty sure for Americas it will be similiar to ASIA.

Group A
USA

Group B
Canada

Group C
The rest

The Rest group would be immensely strong. I'm 17th in america and would be 8th seed out of 10 in this group.

Hopefully PD dont do that for us.

Last edited:
Also might do a bit of a write up if I get time but as time passes I might start to forget things that I want to include.
I better write something up, Europe finals are upon us and it's becoming irrelevant :(
I've written bits and pieces but here are some more bits about my races.

I've only had time to watch the stream replay up to the end of my Australian block race. What I will say is that for the Bathurst race, friends watching the stream pointed out to me that there were some comments about my shaky hands. That's just my driving style (plus a bit of nerves, tension and maybe trying a bit too hard). On top of that all the "good" cars were gone as I had last pick and I didn't really know what to choose other than the Lexus. @Jimmy B also sounded excited with the live face/hands cams of myself and @TheConzio98 with a big "WOW! Look at the difference in driving styles!" but really I think I was the only one there working the wheel that much. The stream didn't quite capture everything on the big screen, if you've seen any pictures of the arena it was basically the main feed in the middle and two sub screens on each side where the left was usually the leaderboard and the right was the track map, but if they were focusing on a battle it would show the face cams of the two drivers. I did a couple of weird brow wipes to play to the camera and some of the other drivers noticed it but unfortunately it wasn't shown on the stream :(, so much for trying to show some personality.

About my Repechage B race, I was ranked 8th and left with a choice between the NSX and the 22B. I chose the NSX because I thought I could have some RWD fun on the tight Tsukuba track. I've pointed it out before here but I was too conservative out of the hairpins and dropped 4 seconds behind 2nd last, clawed my way back to claim 2nd last not far behind the car in front. The problem was we had repechage practice for 20 minutes the day before but obviously at the time no one knew who would be in it and what cars we would be using. So most of us did a few laps with different cars and that was that. Unfortunately my rig had issues and cut my practice short. @JayOTT was kind enough to let me use his rig after he was still in two minds about using a controller. So I'm putting my poor performance in that race down to "mechanical issues" in practice :odd:. But really it was my unfamiliarity with a wide range of car/track combos.

I won't bore you with too much of the non-racing stuff but PD took good care of us as those of you who went to world tour events would know and took us around Tokyo on the Monday. On the day of our flight we walked around the area again as there were plenty of cars still on display in the Toyota showcase. Many cargasms were had and the highlight was seeing all of the famous Toyota Group C and LMP1 cars of the Minolta 88CV, GT-ONE (TS020), TS030 and TS050 :D.

Last edited:
One thing that is interesting is that for the Asia/Oceania Commentator's Top 3 Picks, only Kerokkuma is the one not appearing in the Regional Finals, only to appear later for the Manufacturer Series Exhibition Race, which is a bit of a shame really as he finished 2nd in Nations behind the eventual Asia/Oceania Champion.

As for the European Commentator's Top 3 Picks, Ordonez is spot on when it comes to the drivers that he picked, so sorry (or rather komenasai/taskete), YAM-san.

Our blue screen happened during the final practise session too xD
A barrage of BSoD tweets incoming!

NOTE: Look at the third picture of this tweet.

One thing that is interesting is that for the Asia/Oceania Commentator's Top 3 Picks, only Kerokkuma is the one not appearing in the Regional Finals, only to appear later for the Manufacturer Series Exhibition Race, which is a bit of a shame really as he finished 2nd in Nations behind the eventual Asia/Oceania Champion.

As for the European Commentator's Top 3 Picks, Ordonez is spot on when it comes to the drivers that he picked, so sorry (or rather komenasai/taskete), YAM-san.

A barrage of BSoD tweets incoming!

NOTE: Look at the third picture of this tweet.

Hahahahaha xD

As for Lucas' pick i think he should have replaced me with fuvaros as he was 2nd on the final FIA season and being one of the fastest gt driver in the world

Wasn't there a thing posted where Brazil has to choose between competing in Nations and Manufacturers?

Also, Fuvaros is winning, calling it now, everyone else who can compete with him is starting too low down on the grid. If I'm wrong I'll do a 6 hour endurance race in a SambaBus.

Wasn't there a thing posted where Brazil has to choose between competing in Nations and Manufacturers?
Yes. Under the Brazilian rules for the competition, those who get invited to both can only accept one invite.

I haven't looked through all the various rule sets, but I wasn't able to find another with the same rule. However, the equivalent Japanese rule page seemed hidden behind the S-driver registration form - and I find it odd that the second-ranked Japanese driver, who was at WT2, was not at the Nations Cup Regional Final...

The Brazilian clause is not confirmed, it might be a translation mistake because there's no other country with this rule.

We will only know when PD starts sending the world finals invites, and only 2 are in this situation: Igor Fraga and FT_Solid. They have to qualify for the nations world finals first tho.

I haven't looked through all the various rule sets, but I wasn't able to find another with the same rule. However, the equivalent Japanese rule page seemed hidden behind the S-driver registration form - and I find it odd that the second-ranked Japanese driver, who was at WT2, was not at the Nations Cup Regional Final...

Something else to perhaps further back up this theory, my Japanese Manufacturer teammate also chose to not bother with Nations, and he's definitely committed to going to the World Finals.

Back