Fiat/Abarth 500

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 224 comments
Meh, but the point of having a tuner special is so you don't have something the majority of people have.

Nothing is powerful enough. I'm sure there are people out there (like me) who want the Veyron to gain another 1000 HP.

You know. 197hp from 1.4 isn't that crazy sounding. Think about those 1000 HP Supras running 3 liters. Or 250HP Civics with 1.6L.

Could be an entertaining little ride, that's for sure.

Mitsubishi now do an Evo with >200bhp per litre, but it does require a service every 5k miles.

I think the FQ400 is only available in UK (or maybe the EU?).

We have to make do with a GSR or an MR - shame really, because there's quite a big market for scoobies and evos down here.

You know. 197hp from 1.4 isn't that crazy sounding. Think about those 1000 HP Supras running 3 liters. Or 250HP Civics with 1.6L.

Could be an entertaining little ride, that's for sure.

Think about the warranty on those 250 hp Civics... oh... wait...

Of course, the article doesn't say whether Schnoor gives a warranty or not... 197 bhp isn't too much for a 1.4, but it'll depend on whether the kit is bolt-on or not... if the base car is turbocharged, it should be able to take that abuse, no problem.

Personally, I've been looking at downsizing my ridiculously large 2-liter sedan to the base 1.3 liter model... swapping over the power windows, nicer interior, sharper 2.5 turns lock-to-lock steering rack, all my aftermarket suspension and brake bits... then turbocharging the piste out of the 1.3. Probably won't be able to get it to the 175-180 bhp I'm at currently, but it'll be lighter, torquier and probably just as much fun to drive. :lol:

Seems like it would run with the JCW Cooper S in terms of performance and price, the JCW runs £21,225.

It probably wouldn't be blistering fast in a straight line but I got to imagine it would be loads of fun on a twisty road. Plenty of power, light weight, and nimble handling. I'm down and I would love to see the Schnoor 500 and the JCW Cooper go head to head...barring the bigger turbo on the Schnoor doesn't have epic lag.

G-Tech are going a little bit further with the little engine;

!!p5s5LwBW0~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLl1UPiBJ1c7oCfrg~~_19.JPG

220bhp. And an insane paint job. Oh, and a warranty. You can have it in bright yellow too :lol:

Yeah, I think it looks pretty mean... as long as the styling is backed up by some decent engine/suspension/brake work too...

I LOVE the back, but not the front. They've ruined the grille and the badge area, even though they're probably used for cooling.

If you notice, it's got Fiat badges instead of Abarth badges and the interior is Fiat not Abarth too, so it appears that they have taken a Fiat 500 and specced it up way past Abarth standards.

EDIT: They've even left the 'Car of the Year 2008' sticker in the rear window from the Fiat factory.

Me no likey. The front is just :ill:, and I can't really get int the rear. Maybe that's because I see four exhaust pipes but still know that there's a tiny four-banger up front...

If anyone is interested, I'm going to be trying to make replicas of these editions in Forza 3 when it comes out, and my storefront will be full of Abarth 500 stuff :)

Awesome power, but it will not be able to do anything at all if you get anywhere near the throttle. I want to buy one and re-kit it to make it look like a standard 500. Maybe buy special wheels for brake cooling, and some discreet engine-compartment ducts. Best sleeper ever.

Also:
big_turbo.jpg

Hope they've done some clever variable things to minimize the inevitable...

Anyone seen these cars race? They Support the WTCC and every race ive seen, ends with at least on car on its roof. 200 bhp plus high centre of gravity and narrow track sounds "fun"

Back