[FICA][B-Spec] 2016 Formula One World Championship--Bahrain GP on 10 April

Umm...so I know that the Barbagallo test results were supposed to come out yesterday and today, but I've spent all weekend having to put everything on a new computer, which means I'll have to enter all of the information for the cars again once I get the game and the bunches of mods I have for it installed on my new computer. Hopefully I can get all of this done before next weekend so I can actually get everything done for next weekend.

Going to drop some bombshells on everyone this beautiful winter morning.
The FICA Formula One World Championship will be moving away from NASCAR Racing 2003 following the 2016 season. I know some have been questioning why I had decided to even run it in the first place and there's a couple answers to that. There had previously been the ambition to have the races broadcasted on YouTube, and the easiest way of that happening was NR2003. There was also a readily available mod, and there were plenty of international road courses available to make it feasible. Things went on and I did not move on with the idea of having the races broadcasted due to some of the tracks like Monza and Spa being almost a decade out of date or more, the field being forced into a default scheme setup, and a sheer frustration of what I was looking at. I am currently exploring the options available within rFactor to see what looks good and I will soon try to acquire GTR2 to do the same. Since this championship has no intention of broadcasting these races as of right now, I can look at every possible option and find the one that looks appropriate for the biggest single seater series in the world. Those willing to help create a great stable future for the series are more than welcome to give advice and recommendations to me either through private conversation or through Skype.
A massive problem that I think will effect the VRR IndyCar Series is that teams were shuffled out quite unfairly between 2016 and 2017. I don't plan on letting that happen, and so I'm forming a teams council for all of the team principals in the championship. This way all of the teams can secure their futures in the sport fairly and with their own representation.
I limited the 2016 to 22 cars, aiming to be realistic, but with 2017 aiming to be brighter, I am opening up two more team slots and expanding the grid to 26 cars. I will be accepting applications for those entries effective immediately.

What do you require for a team application? I'll get started on my 50 minute presentation on why I should be allowed on the internet today, and where I see myself and the team in 5 years time.
I couldn't keep a straight face reading this. Made my morning lighter.

Do it, don't do it? Do it, don't do it? Do it, don't do it?

I'm doing it!
Just before 9 this morning ETR announced at a flash press conference from their WSC team HQ that F1 is their next target for competition.

"It's Formula 1 for crying out loud, how do you pass up an opportunity to compete in F1?" Team owner Cliff Lagueux was heard mumbling while draining his coffee "I have a need for competition *and coffee* so applying to the F1 grid just makes sense to me. If I don't get the spot, I'll be the first one knocking on the doors of the teams that do get spots."

With my history of outburst and lack of sponsorships, in order to maintain realism in this series I will not be jumping at the team owner role at this moment. I do have interest in doing so, but I do not feel I need to run a team right now.

The thing I enjoy most about these series is the livery design at the start. So if any of the other team owners want me to design their livery and then leave them to manage the team itself I would be up for that. The only small issue I have is that I only have rFactor on my computer to actually be able to see the livery on the car... But I managed to get a livery into a GTR2 series recently so no reason I couldn't do the same here if next season is run on something else.

CHEROKEE, NORTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES--Cherokee Motorsports has announced that it will be renaming it's Formula One team to Cherokee GP, keeping the Motorsports name for its VRR IndyCar team. "We think that Cherokee GP as a name will be much more fitting and much more appealing to the sport and the organizers. We look forward to debuting in Adelaide." Team owner Clayton Hardy said Wednesday morning.

Do it, don't do it? Do it, don't do it? Do it, don't do it?

I'm doing it!
Just before 9 this morning ETR announced at a flash press conference from their WSC team HQ that F1 is their next target for competition.

"It's Formula 1 for crying out loud, how do you pass up an opportunity to compete in F1?" Team owner Cliff Lagueux was heard mumbling while draining his coffee "I have a need for competition *and coffee* so applying to the F1 grid just makes sense to me. If I don't get the spot, I'll be the first one knocking on the doors of the teams that do get spots."
Well I could always just do something like that?

BrownGP is born and interested in 1 of the team spots!
For those applying for a team slot, please send me a private conversation confirming the five sponsors your team would like to reserve. Sponsors everyone else has reserved can be found on the OP at the bottom in the 2017 Roster tab.

Ran the Albacete test privately out of curiosity. And not happy with how the engines are behaving, so I'm working on that before Adelaide.

Adelaide track.ini that I've been working on is F1 ready and should be interesting to play out. It's a very unique track with a two sided pit lane, which surprised me.

Back