Final Fantasy Games....

• Thread starter askia47
  • 19 comments
What is it that people have against random battles. I like them, as long as they are not as random as Legend of Legaia :mad:

To me it doesnt really matter what they change, except for one thing. I really think that The FF series should be offline only, no MMORPG crap:) It has always been offine, and i think it should stay that way. But if they can pull it off being online, they thats fine by me.

Well, I think that FFXI will be sort of like Phantasy star online in that it can be played both on and offline. I have read that the best experience will be online, but it can definitely be played alone. :D

I have played Final Fantasy starting from 8. Parts 9 and 10 were my absolute faves though. I as well like the random battles. Without random battles then you would be weak as all hell when you went to go fight a boss. Random battles let you build up MP and AP. Both are needed for battle. I dont mind FFXI being online ONLY if it will still allow you to play alone and not on the net. If it is an online ONLY game then I will totally be upset and angry. Other than that I have no problems with the FF games.

Originally posted by ViperConcept
I have played Final Fantasy starting from 8. Parts 9 and 10 were my absolute faves though. I as well like the random battles. Without random battles then you would be weak as all hell when you went to go fight a boss. Random battles let you build up MP and AP. Both are needed for battle. I dont mind FFXI being online ONLY if it will still allow you to play alone and not on the net. If it is an online ONLY game then I will totally be upset and angry. Other than that I have no problems with the FF games.

You should pick up a copy of FF VII, you are really missing something great, and you can get a copy really cheap I am sure. :D

I'm all for change in final fantasy but I don't want to see stuff like random generated battles leaving that would be poor. maybe they should change how the battles system works instead of standing there they could run around like in grandia 2 that makes significant changes into the tactics of the battles

FORGET FINAL FANTASY!!

PLAY FALLOUT!!!

them games use real guns, u kill people in real gory ways and its loads more of a role playing game than FF!! u can do whatever u want to comlete the game!! u have to see it!! None of that magic stuff just Sniper rifles Miniguns etc.

Originally posted by W_conneely
FORGET FINAL FANTASY!!

PLAY FALLOUT!!!

them games use real guns, u kill people in real gory ways and its loads more of a role playing game than FF!! u can do whatever u want to comlete the game!! u have to see it!! None of that magic stuff just Sniper rifles Miniguns etc.

I've played them, and was not all that impressed. They were a nice diversion, but lacked the production values and Epic feel of the FF series (and most other RPG's in general.)

fall out what the **** is that but the way how you explained it reminds me of metal gear so I shall decline on your offer about that game

Originally posted by askia47
What do want to change, in FFXI,
I want todo away with Random battles!!!!! :D

It is my understanding that FFXI will be doing away with Random battles, you will see the enemy, and if you wish to encounter it, you go into battle by approching it. If you don't want to go into battle, then you just walk around it....unless of course it's an Ochu standing right infront of a passage way that you need to pass through... ;)

:cheers:

Originally posted by askia47
THat is Great News! And the Ochu you talked about is in FFX!! :cool: :rolleyes: ;)

:lol: Yes indeed it was! ;)

The only NON-Random battle that you HAD to encounter.

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell

You should pick up a copy of FF VII, you are really missing something great, and you can get a copy really cheap I am sure. :D

This one and FF VIII also! I got both for like $9.

Originally posted by Pako

It is my understanding that FFXI will be doing away with Random battles, you will see the enemy, and if you wish to encounter it, you go into battle by approching it. If you don't want to go into battle, then you just walk around it....unless of course it's an Ochu standing right infront of a passage way that you need to pass through... ;)

:cheers:

That sounds like Chrono Cross.

Originally posted by HACHI-ROKU
I really hope square does not start making FF games for nintendo again. but it seems like it is going to happen.

I wish they would go to Xbox. I don't have any of the new systems though. Last one I got was a PSOne.

Back