Final Fantasy X

• Thread starter ELecTriC
  • 24 comments
This might be old news to americans but we just got Final Fantasy X! Oh god, its pretty to look at! Sure, i've spotted some slowdowns but they are minor.. i can live with'em! Too bad we dont have 60hz in europe.. Big bad black 50hz PAL boarders up and down on the screen! Looks like watchin a widescreen movie on a standard TV!

So whats your opinion about that game? You like? You hate?
I cant tell what i REALLY like about it yet, cause im not that far in the game, but so far its shaping up real good! Not FF7 quality, but still..! :P

I think the borders are disgusting, 3 years ago Dreamcast games had the 60Hz option as standard, so how come a game that took forever to be released can't even manage that - what a rip off.

this game is great but you feel like your not in total control of where you are taking your characters I guess what I am trying to say is that when will there be a time for the world bloody map which allows you to go anywere

Originally posted by Ax Battler
I think the borders are disgusting, 3 years ago Dreamcast games had the 60Hz option as standard, so how come a game that took forever to be released can't even manage that - what a rip off.

Squaresoft would had to make two versions of FFX on two separate DVDs for the 60hz option because there is not enough space on one DVD. I don't think you want to pay double the price just for a game.

Originally posted by ELecTriC
I heard that you are able to do that just before the final boss! Then you can breed Chocobos and search for all secrets!

Your right. Before the final boss, you can get on the Airship and travel anywhere in the FFX world. They've made the game like that so you have to complete practically all the game.
But still, this game is great. Graphics are outstanding. The battle system is great, even though it's my first FF game I've bought.

Still 10 out of 10. :cool: .

I agree. This game is amazing graphic wise. The story is alright as well as the characters. Actually, I did not find this game easy at all. Before the big scene where the crash onto the huge flying boat thingy to get Yuna it took me a day or two to beat the dragonish monster. (I have not played this game in a while sorry) It is a great game though. Glad people on oter side of world are enjoying it as much as I did.

I like it the whole game looks amazing and it has a great story. Im still tryin to beat it. I started 3 days ago and am about 8 hours into it is it is great.

Originally posted by Viper Zero

Squaresoft would had to make two versions of FFX on two separate DVDs for the 60hz option because there is not enough space on one DVD. I don't think you want to pay double the price just for a game.

it wouldnt be double the price. another disc wouldnt require double the development effort. games cost $50 because of the cost of developing the game, not the media cost. while dvds are more expensive than cdroms, they are still very cheap.

FFVI= Excellent
FFVII= good
FFVIII= I hate it and will never play it again
FFIX= I hate it and will never play it again
FFX= Won't bother even buying

i bought FFX, played it a little, and it had pretty good graphics.
i didnt enjoy it much. it has a good story, but i dont like reading all that crap. i guess i dont like rpg's any more. i used to years ago when i had the time.

since i bough it, when it first came out, it has just sat in a stack of ps2 games (at the bottom) untouched. i wish i would have never bought it, or traded it in a long time ago when i could still have gotten cash for it.

FF series is not just game. One of the culture for me , korean FF Fan and Japanese FF Fan.

FF04.JPG

ffxlaunch04.JPG

ffxlaunch06.JPG

ffxlaunch07.JPG

ffxlaunch08.JPG

that looks really nice but if I had to go to a convention of some kind it would have to be for street fighter or tekken thats is were my heart is in games :D

the way how its all setup in the first picture it all looks very formal that wouldnt be for me. I guess that kinda feeling just comes to that kinda game

Hey! I have a Q for all of you guys who have played through the game and/or have some deep knowledge into it!!

The Al Bhed primers XX and XXI are found in the Al Bhed city Home, but the city is now blown away, so I can't go there anymore... are these primers moved to another place after the city is blown up, so I can pick them up somewhere else?

Back