Finally getting my GT3 car

So I have decided to get my GT3 (low end) dream car.
Come september or october, I will be getting a first issue 350z. (zconcept)

I still havent decide which edition to get, but nissan isnt requiring a deposit on specific editions for another couple months. I got clearance from the old lady, adn it's happening. I am seriously considering the track edition, but it's 36k, compared to the 28k touring edition.

haha, no more front wheel drive 4 banger for me!
Can't afford my Panoz at this stage of my life, but give me a couple years.

i personally would go w/ the rx-8, I really loved the rx-7, when modded. I think the rx-8 would more of a project car, give it a year (after it comes out) and you'll be able to buy more modification for it, like turbo charger, intake, ground effects, and all that stuff.

Hmm, I seen the Nissan Z where I could pre-order one. It was quite nice the website Nissan has for it. You have like 5 different options of how you can get it. They have enough selection for most any enthusiast. Looks very tempting, but I have my sights on something awesome I just found out about....

Mitsubishi is introducing the Lancer Evolution VII to the US in one year. It looks exactly like the ones you can get at Mitsubishi in GT3, the are so pretty. I love the hood, spoiler, and overall styling. I would love to have one!!! :cheers: :smilewink

Originally posted by f094h
i personally would go w/ the rx-8, I really loved the rx-7, when modded. I think the rx-8 would more of a project car, give it a year (after it comes out) and you'll be able to buy more modification for it, like turbo charger, intake, ground effects, and all that stuff.

Yeah, I was planning on waiting until 2004 to see how much they fix on the original. And supposedly (according to our local Mazda-billboard 'MazKid'), the RX-7 is supposed to return in 2004 in the Bathurst model. Very cool. I'm not sure which one I would rather have. The RX-7 has better styling and is a better sports car, but the RX-8 makes more sense and would keep the insurance down. It's also a naturally aspired 1.3L two-rotor engine pushing out 250hp. That's pretty impressive.

~LoudMusic

LoudMusic - Rotor fan or not, the rx-8 is a coupe. Think "saturn sc2" (suicide doors and all) plus some balls. I personally think its kinda ugly. A drop-top would be SCHWEET. I dont expect too much of an aftermarket for for the rx-8. The engine seems pretty hard tuned too, not the kind of thing you just bolt a turbo to. (if you're into that sort of thing)

The bathurst rx-7 is a 500 unit run that mazda did for kicks. They are discontinuing the rx-7 worldwide before too long. I'd personally like to see them bring it back for a 4th generation, but oh well, nobody bought them.

I thought long and hard about a Lancer EVO. Its a pretty kicking car, but I was finally swayed by the shear lack of size. I am 6'4" 220 lbs. I don't fit in lancers. I don't really know if I fit in 350Zs either, but it's a bit bigger than a 300z, and I was fine there.

I might look hard at the TT Quattro if the Z falls through. I understand that they are deceivingly spacious. I really want a convertable, but it's just not practical for where I will most likley be when I have it. (DC)

Originally posted by BrianCNorton
LoudMusic - Rotor fan or not, the rx-8 is a coupe. Think "saturn sc2" (suicide doors and all) plus some balls. I personally think its kinda ugly. A drop-top would be SCHWEET. I dont expect too much of an aftermarket for for the rx-8. The engine seems pretty hard tuned too, not the kind of thing you just bolt a turbo to. (if you're into that sort of thing)
I don't know that I would call it a 'coupe', more of a small sedan. I'd compare it more with a Nissan Maxima (with balls). I also wondered about the RX-7 ... the news was from MazKid, so I was somewhat speculative on that one. And about dropping a turbo (or two) in an RX-8 ... I've got a friend that wants to do that. Ha ha ... he's NUTS.

The bathurst rx-7 is a 500 unit run that mazda did for kicks. They are discontinuing the rx-7 worldwide before too long. I'd personally like to see them bring it back for a 4th generation, but oh well, nobody bought them.

I thought long and hard about a Lancer EVO. Its a pretty kicking car, but I was finally swayed by the shear lack of size. I am 6'4" 220 lbs. I don't fit in lancers. I don't really know if I fit in 350Zs either, but it's a bit bigger than a 300z, and I was fine there.

I might look hard at the TT Quattro if the Z falls through. I understand that they are deceivingly spacious. I really want a convertable, but it's just not practical for where I will most likley be when I have it. (DC)

Audi TT - sweet ride. I wouldn't want it in a convertable though ... it just looks too goofy. Audi is also on my list of 'wants'. A friend of mine is looking at some VW Jetta Sport ... I'm not sure what he's talking about though. Supposedly it has some nice specs.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

Yeah, I was planning on waiting until 2004 to see how much they fix on the original. And supposedly (according to our local Mazda-billboard 'MazKid'), the RX-7 is supposed to return in 2004 in the Bathurst model. Very cool. I'm not sure which one I would rather have. The RX-7 has better styling and is a better sports car, but the RX-8 makes more sense and would keep the insurance down. It's also a naturally aspired 1.3L two-rotor engine pushing out 250hp. That's pretty impressive.

~LoudMusic

No no no!!! I said that their gonna bring back the RX-7 in 2004, not the current model, but a new version.

Next time just call me in here before you give out false info. I'll let it go this time, but next time...... ;)

Back